Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2014 Rockshox pike 160mm problem
  • dhorwich
    Free Member

Can anyone help with this one as I’m supposed to be racing at eastridge on Sunday.

Basically with all the air out the forks and top cap off they won’t push all the way down and to get 20% sag I’m having to run them at 30psi! The rebound damper side seems to work fine.

It feels like there is some air behind the air piston.. Would removing / refitting the lowers help?

I’ve tried letting all air out and pumping up to 120psi but still no joy! I’ve had pikes before and had no problems and usually run close to recommend air pressure guide but these are way off

Dan

RickDraper
    Free Member

Take a small zip tie and insert it between the wiper seal and the stanchion, press it down past the wiper and see if you get any air escaping from the lower leg.

kimbers

Its very easy to undo the lower nuts AMD release any air

How old are they, they only have 5ml of fluid in the air spring side iirc so mine needed a service after 6months

kimbers

Its very easy to undo the lower nuts AMD release any air

How old are they, they only have 5ml of fluid in the air spring side iirc so mine needed a service after 6months

RickDraper
    Free Member

5ml in the damper side, not the air side. 15ml in the air side.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2014 Rockshox pike 160mm problem’ is closed to new replies.