Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2014 Revelation fork, remote lock out to crown lock out…
  • Simon

Can I fit a crown lock out lever to my existing compression damper or do I need a new damper assembly?

RustyMac

What damper cartridge is it?

Simon

RL

Simon

Bump!

gnusmas

Been wandering the same thing but the other way round. I got some Sektor RL 2014 with crown lockout and wanted to put a poploc on it so interested to see if you get an answer.

nickdavies

Yeah you can just need to fit the correct top cap and remove the return spring inside.
    Speak to loco for the top cap, he’s sorted one out for me before.
    Or if the two of you both have the same fitting on top/ damper assembly you could just swap? Not sure how easy it would be to remove and refit the return spring as opposed to just disabling it.

Superficial
    Free Member

It would be easier just to swap the entire damper unit. I think the Sektor RL is the same MoCo unit as Rev RL.

Simon

I’ve emailed Loco about the best way to do it and what parts I need but not had a response yet.

Superficial
    Free Member

Assuming the spring mechanism in the damper is the same as 2008-2012 era, you don’t need any parts. You just need to remove / unhook a spring internally and bin the lever / cabling. You may wish to buy a different top cap adjuster since the pushloc ones don’t have much leverage and they’re slightly awkward to use with your fingers.

jairaj

Here are some handy instructions on removing the return spring from the moco damper

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1AoGIWBz4H1YWNhYWRkODYtNzRiNi00YTA1LTlmMjctNmQzOWQwMDdiZGFl/edit?pli=1

You can use your existing knob if you want, Mine stayed in the position I left it.

Simon

Those instructions look like they’re for older forks are 2014 forks the same inside.

jairaj

newer forks are almost the same. RS have slightly improved the design but still works basically the same.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2014 Revelation fork, remote lock out to crown lock out…’ is closed to new replies.