Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 191 total)
  • 2014 Prudential Ride London
  • nedrapier

If you put your email in, you can request a reset password email.

Click link in email, reset password, login, enter ref. no., 🙂 or 🙁

crazy-legs

Not had an official email yet but by checking that regonline link, mine said cancelled as well.

🙁

SkillWill
    Free Member

Cancelled 🙁

mashiehood
    Free Member

im gonna join up anyway, FIGHT THE POWER! 😀

xcgb
    Free Member

It comes past my house can’t see what’s to stop you just joining in?
    Wont get an official time, but pffft…..

hooli

Good call mashiehood, I think we should all turn up and ride anyway 😆

oomidamon

I’m in! I signed up with the ex, hope she’s been cancelled….

podman
    Free Member

Cancelled again 🙁

Special_ized_Jamie

I got cancelled but had already confirmed with a charity that I would ride for them so at least I will still be going.

Looks like an overwhelming majority of people didn’t get it which might suggest it was more than three times oversubscribed as their initial press release suggested.

Time to get training, anyone in Bristol fancy some loops around the Mendips and over to the Wye Valley?

ads-b
    Free Member

I thought i’d increase my chances this year and registered me, my wife, my mum, my dad and my brother. Slightly backfired though. They all want to do it now and the only one to get in was my dad. Might try convince him its a bad idea and take his place….

brakes
    Free Member

It comes past my house can’t see what’s to stop you just joining in?
    Wont get an official time, but pffft…..

last year, I crossed the line at the same time as a bloke on an easy rider chopper style bike with no number who clearly hadn’t done the full distance and they gave him a medal and goody bag.
    he was the most blatant but saw a few others tagging along too.

Nobby

Cancelled 🙁

mashiehood
    Free Member

Yep a colleague at work just turned up, did the whole ride, got medal and goody bag.

hatter

Cancelled, oh well, rode the first one can’t get lucky twice in a row I guess.

Dunwich Dynamo it is then!

didgy2
    Free Member

Cancelled as well 🙁

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

And another cancelled.
    I’ll start looking for an alternative distance challenge.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m just gonna buy a road bike anyway, ride 50 miles to a pub. Have a pint and a sarnie and ride home again.

russjp
    Free Member

The organisers must hate me, I didn’t get in this or last year and also they run the London Marathon and I didn’t get an entry in 5 years of trying that either!

Nobby

Get in! Got a place with the G.O.S.H. team.

Double win as they look after Nobby Jr so I can raise a few quid for them whilst I’m doing it (which my co. will match). Am I allowed to make gratuitous pleas for donations on here?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Quick recap of the thread

excluding charity places, 4 folks got in via the ballot and 25 didn’t (including me :-()

Still, tour of the borders is the same day, closed roads, and probably a much better course anyway.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Reasons not to be too bothered:
    – I’ve not ridden a road bike in 15 years
    – I’m travelling home from holiday that Friday which would mean getting back and getting back down to London the day afterwards with a bike that I haven’t bought yet
    – I’d have to buy a road bike
    – as mentioned above, it’ll be cheaper for me to ride up into the Dales, have a pint and a sarnie overlooking some big hills and then ride home again. On a bike I don’t own/have yet 😀
    – only 1 of my mates seem to have got in

theflatboy
    Free Member

hatter – i might be in on that too. what’s the date this year?

ads-b
    Free Member

Website on PCs is up and running now

slimjim78
    Free Member

Im in! Chuffed about this actually.

For the chap that enquired: 80,000 applicants, 24,000 places.

I too cant see what would stop anyone just joining the ride, but part of me worries that the event could be spoilt in future years if too many had the same idea.

Hey ho.

crazy-legs

Got home to find my “Commiserations, you didn’t get a place” pack. Which then details how I can get a ride by doing it for charity if I commit to raising x thousand pounds…

nedrapier

“Many charities, including Bliss, our first Charity of the Year, still have places available in the main event. Entries for the Prudential RideLondon Business Relay, where teams of four cycle approximately 25 miles each, open on Monday 10 February.”
    The Business Relay is open to teams of four riders (four men, four women or a mixed team of two men and two women) from the same organisation. Full details are available on http://www.PrudentialRideLondon.co.uk
    British Cycling members still have the chance to get a place in the 100-mile sportive through the British Cycling Club Challenge. This is open to all British Cycling members bar Elite or Category 1 riders. Entries open on Tuesday 4 March and close on Friday 21 March. Full details will be emailed to all cycling clubs affiliated to British Cycling in due course.

So 24,000 starters, made up of ballot winners, business relay starters, charity riders and BC Club challengers. And probably a good number of “VIP” places.

I’d be very interested to know how many places the 80,000 were actually going for.

brakes
    Free Member

24k! Wasn’t there 16k last year? That’s a pretty healthy increase. I think they rely on 10% no-shows or something.

nedrapier

Can’t remember what the no shows were last year. was it 18K supposed to start and 16.5K did?

I clipped off the bit where they said “24K will line up” if that includes all business team members, that’ll bring the numbers down even further, depending how many team places there are, obviously.

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

I’m in through the ballot 🙂

lapierrelady

Forgot I entered…so it was a big surprise to get the welcome pack today. Properly cheered me up after a wet day at work.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yay! I’m in…. That makes 5.

peteimpreza

Cancelled 🙁

hilldodger
    Free Member

Not only dissappointed to miss the ride, but have nearly a £1000 in potential sponsorship from colleagues to turn down 🙁

jam-bo

Not only dissappointed to miss the ride, but have nearly a £1000 in potential sponsorship from colleagues to turn down

there are plenty of charity places still available. Try BLISS

fasthaggis

Cancelled.
    Still going to go to that London 🙂

Hilldodger

You may still get a charity ride place ,if you have that much sponsorship.

hooli

I am waiting for final confirmation but it looks like I have a charity place.

hilldodger
    Free Member

…You may still get a charity ride place ,if you have that much sponsorship.

well the sponsorship was on the understanding it would go to a small local charity we support at work.
    Not really interested in raising cash for a corporate charity with paid staff & overheads however worthy their cause may be.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Hill, if your colleagues are happy to sponsor you for the distance, there must be plenty of interesting alternatives you could do and still get sponsored for the same cause? Dunwich Dynamo being one…

hilldodger
    Free Member

Yes, I’ll find a ride 🙂
    DD’s is a bit awkward to get back to London from isn’t it?

theflatboy
    Free Member

Yes probably, I’ve never done it. Best option would be to get a willing assistant with a car to meet you there, I’d have though – possibly easier said than done…!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 191 total)

The topic ‘2014 Prudential Ride London’ is closed to new replies.