Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2014 National Championships
  • timb34
    Free Member

Is there anywhere other than Cyclingnews.com to find reports about these races? In fact is there anywhere that really reports on XC or XCM racing at all?

cn has this page: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2014-mountain-bike-national-championships-index-page

So I can find out who’s won in various countries – notably Annie Last in GB (she put nearly 7 minutes into her competition! 😯 ).

No report from France yet, but velovert.com reveals that Absalon won the men’s race for the 12th consecutive year, and Pauline Ferrand Prevot added the women’s title to complete the set of 2014 Road Race, Time trial, Cyclocross and Mountain Bike champions jerseys…

theotherjonv
    njee20
    Free Member

Be friends with the riders – my Facebook feed is full of reports!

I imagine XCRacer will have a few reports.

timb34
    Free Member

I’m too fragile for facebook, and although BC and XCracer are good for domestic news (as is velovert for domestic French stuff) I was really looking for something a bit more international and all in one place, without having to try searching the web in a variety of languges!

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Cycling News is definitely the best international source for xc news, but even they struggle to get reports in from all the countries.

acrossthecountry.net is a really good resource if you can decipher some German.

@UKXCnews on twitter seem to be doing a very good job of collating information, too, but they are only just getting started producing their own content.

MarathonMTB.com covers AUS/NZ, and quite a lot of the european XCM races too.

MTBracenews.com is good for western US stuff. cyclingdirt.org is normally up to date with US MTB and CX news, but they haven’t updated for a while (which is a little worrying)

I’d suggest getting a twitter account. Easy to find all the info you need if you follow the right people.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2014 National Championships’ is closed to new replies.