Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • 2014 Cotic?
  • orangewinger
    Free Member

Thinking about getting a new frame and I keep coming back to the Cotic Soul (been around the houses with BFe, Slackline, Breath, RC104, Kili Flyer Cromo), but it’s new model time and I wonder if I should wait to see what Cotic have to offer for 2014?

Anyone know anything?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just get the soul, they probably wont change it again for a few more years

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Not if the email Cy put out today is anything to go by. Seems strange to big up the current soul if a new model is due.

I’d have had one in a flash but there are no smalls left.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matther01
    Free Member

Doubt they will bring out a new Soul. 120/140 fs is on the horizon though.

Out on my soul tomorrow trying out 110/140 talas combo…should be good.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Cotic don’t do model years. Frames get changed when cy feels like it.

I would be quite happy if he felt like having the next batch of road rats in orange tho.

roverpig

Doubt they will bring out a new Soul. 120/140 fs is on the horizon though.

Would that be the far distant horizon ?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

still waiting on them to make a **** road bike!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Isn’t the >X< good enough for a road build?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Guess you could if you wanted. But a proper one with road angles. I saw a picture of a prototype a few years ago, I think they’ve put it on the back burner though

iainc

My current Soul is just about as sorted now after a few months riding as I think it could be, lovin it 🙂

OP – if you by any chance are after a set of forks for it I am selling some !

I_Ache
    Free Member

First I have heard about it to be honest.

Scamper
    Free Member

Wasn’t the short travel ‘rocket’ due out this summer?

matther01
    Free Member

Roverpig/Scamper – last I heard they were testing the 120/140 fs pocket rocket…but all does seem to have gone quiet.

Maybe they’re changing it to 650b?

remoterob
    Free Member

Not if the email Cy put out today is anything to go by. Seems strange to big up the current soul if a new model is due.

I’d have had one in a flash but there are no smalls left.

Not if you have stock making its way here on a slow boat.

bruneep

Not if you have stock making its way here on a slow boat

Very slow boat, Roadrat small not due until spring 2014 😯

I_Ache
    Free Member

Really?! I want a large that isn’t gritstone. I don’t know if I can last that long…

Bazz

I’ve just read the e mail that Cy sent out today and was just pondering, does anyone really run 160mm forks on a hardtail? Personally i just can’t get on with hardtails with more than 100mm of travel, and to be honest 90% of my riding doesn’t warrant more anyway, i wouldn’t knock anyone who was using 160mm but it seems excessive to me. Thoughts (about this!).

gaz552
    Free Member

Very very slow boat lol. They were hoping to get a batch of rocket frames around mid June and there’s still no sign of them as far as I’m aware.

calumf50
    Free Member

I hope this is in the 2014 line up. But I doubt it will be.

colournoise

From what Cy and Paul said on the demo day back in June I don’t think there’ll be huge changes into 2014.

The ‘FS Soul’ (rather than Pocket Rocket) is due at some point soonish I think.

Might be wrong, but not sure anything 650b is on the cards.

Can’t see anything drastic happening to the Soul too soon, especially after today’s email.

rOcKeTdOg

gotta be a 27.5 soul & pocket rocket i reckon

cy

You’re all wrong……

khani
    Free Member

😀 Tease…

RustySpanner

I’d like a really light, Easton Ultralight ally Soul.
    27.2, 26 inch, 1 1/8th headtube.

Just me then?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Please tell me the shipping times above are wrong cy. When are the next batch of roadrats due in? And what colours?

thepodge
    Free Member

From what I’ve gathered about the new stuff it’s a bold but clever move that Cotic have taken. You’ll be pleasantly surprised

Haze

Road frame sounds interesting, happy to test one out this winter if there are any going spare?!

mrmoofo

Cotic are join o be first on the 24er trend

And souls will only be available in pink

roverpig

From what I’ve gathered about the new stuff it’s a bold but clever move that Cotic have taken. You’ll be pleasantly surprised

You’ll need to give us a bit more than that. Say, hypothetically, you were thinking of pulling the trigger on a 26″ Five frame in the morning. Would you wait?

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s got nothing to do with me & I have no interest in leaking any info.

I think what they are doing is brilliant and the pleasure of announcing what’s going on shouldn’t be taken from those who’ve put in a lot of hard work.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The podge! You’ve said too much! (However I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment! ;-)))

mobes
    Free Member

I NEED that road bike soooo bad 🙁

nickc

does anyone really run 160mm forks on a hardtail? Personally i just can’t get on with hardtails with more than 100mm of travel

Yep, my Shan has Lyrik on the front of it, and is properly, laugh out loud fun. You’re riding the wrong HT if you don’t like more than 100mm

roverpig

It’s got nothing to do with me & I have no interest in leaking any info.

Fair enough.

If we’re playing a guessing game I’ll go for “moving (at least some) production to the UK”. I think that Cy has said that he’d be interested in doing this in the past, shipping costs are only going to increase and, as we can see from this thread, most of the frustration from customers is not about the bikes but about problems with supply, so it would make sense.

colournoise

Bold and clever?

Some UK production is a good call.
    26 only? Would be very bold.
    ?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

That’s the road bike up there!

I could do with a larger frame, my current one is to small, send me one and I’ll test/ride it for you over winter Cy!

philxx1975
    Free Member

I like the road bike a lot!! Is it a 2014 model?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Carbon? 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Swappable dropouts so idiots can use 650b.

orena45

Bold and clever?…nevermind one road bike, Cotic will cease producing mountain bikes and start making only road bikes to get in on the post Olympics/Wiggins/Froome road bike boom!

(Though maybe with a new fat bike to keep STWers happy) 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘2014 Cotic?’ is closed to new replies.