Viewing 40 posts - 3,921 through 3,960 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • bigblackshed

Anyone got an ipad friendly link to watch the wales v SA game this afternoon?

Just back from hospital so confined to bed.

anagallis_arvensis

Google wiziwig

anagallis_arvensis

Have that you biltong munchers!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Always hated steve walsh!!

bigblackshed

Wiziwig is all flash. iPad won’t play flash. Boooooooo!

Biggar joined the front of the maul, only defender in the maul. SA ball carrier was 4 players back. Truck and trailer or obstruction.

Walsh had in his mind that SA should have some points.

Second SA try just turned Wales inside out.

Cuthbert has been good and only going forward.

Big 40 now.

anagallis_arvensis

**** fuckity **** **** ****.
    One day I’ll see it.

DanW
    Free Member

Cracking game! Would have been great if it could have ended after 60 minutes really as Wales were always against it from then on. Awesome start though!

Walsh lived up to all expectations! I can’t decide if Wales were hard done by (2 yellows seems excessive FFS) or if it eventually balanced out (Owens try seemed to be lost forwards IMO).

Still bugs me that the TMO don’t say what they are thinking! Maybe the ref has to actually ask for their opinion? I’m not sure. On the Owens try for example the TMO seemed to be itching to say it was lost forwards but restrained himself each time and didn’t say anything when Walsh was heading in the other direction to award the try…

Not a great result, but a great game!

anagallis_arvensis

Pleased to see some of the older players like Gethin and Phillips raise their game, both were very very good but so was Samson Lee a 21 yearold tighthead who had the better of the Beast. Roberts and Davies were good too shame we could get Cuthbert into the game second half as he had a stormer in the first.

Gutted.
    Again.

DanW
    Free Member

Yep, the big names really stepped up. Also as you say a_a, the likes of Samson Lee, Turnball, Biggar, etc don’t look too out of place whereas even as recently as the 6N these guys were not established really in the side.

Biggar wasn’t flawless but it was great to see him get stuck in as he really seemed to struggle with the physicality of internationals previously. Pretty good goal kicking too but there was no way he was going to make the last drop goal… I guess they were all so tired and the chances of going anywhere with ball in hand looked just as slim

When Wales play high tempo rugby like the start of the game they can beat anyone. The 2 yellow cards completely disrupted this momentum but even so I can imagine they’d have played a tighter and more controlled game from then on which only serves to let the like os Aus/ SA/ NZ get back in to the game. Would love to see them run riot for 80 minutes 😀

shame we could get Cuthbert into the game second half as he had a stormer in the first.

I always think of Cuthbert as a bit of a Donkey but a stubborn one that can finish a try…. but today he was one hell of a slippery donkey breaking tackles all over the place!

anagallis_arvensis

His try last week was brilliant. He had his flaws but put him into space a very few are better. Runs great lines with great timing too.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bloody hell that was close, really thought we had won that. Gatland very magnanimous in defeat. I really dont like Steve Walsh 😆

england got humped, anyone listen to it on the radio? Haskell is living in dreamland.

Well done the Jocks 3 out of 3

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bigblack – it’s not the same as live but the games get uploaded to YouTube and you watch them there on the tablet

Sounds a tough day for Wales not to close that out. Walsh has done Wales a favour in the past. Don’t think I’ll be watching this last England game on catchup-YouTube seems we couldn’t replicate what we showed in the first two tests and got battered.

tinybits
    Free Member

How typical of the welsh, beaten yet again and the first thing they do is blame the ref.

Pigface
    Free Member

Back under the bridge tinybits 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Who has blamed the ref?

anagallis_arvensis

Cardiff Blues have today (Monday) announced that centre Owen Williams is to remain in hospital in Singapore after sustaining an injury at the World Club 10s.

Williams was injured during the first half of the 3rd/4th play-off fixture with Asia Pacific Dragons on Sunday afternoon.
    The region would like to take this opportunity to thank fans for their messages of support for Owen. Cardiff Blues will issue further updates when they are available.

Serious neck injury reported. No news seems like bad news in this case. Hope he’s ok.

anagallis_arvensis

Samson Lee cited for a headbut. 21 years old, holds his own at least in the scrum v SA, shows up well in the loose AND headbuts SA locks….does it get any better?

DanW
    Free Member

Following the match prop Samson Lee received a citing for an alleged second half headbutt that occurred shortly before the Owens try in the second half. The hearing was last night but the result has been deferred until midweek.

Deferred? Are the citing panel scared of the Epic LAD too?! 😀 I never normally use words like that but Lad is the only apt description for Lee

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No matter how many times I watch it, I can’t see a headbutt 😕

anagallis_arvensis

Its just as number 8 gets up and before the ref gets in the way. Nuts the sa 4. He should be fine if he takes the right biscuits.

bigblackshed

5 week ban for The Lad. Reduced from 10 weeks. Obviously didn’t take Jaffa Cakes to the hearing.

tinybits
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/28021508

Not good for Owen Williams, Hope he makes a good recovery.

anagallis_arvensis

I hope Owen makes a good recovery. Apparently you can find video footage. You have to wonder about the type of person who would post that….

DanW
    Free Member

Interesting that one of the mitigating factors in the Lee hearing was “his youth”. Maybe that means “we’ll let him off slightly for being inexperienced in this sort of thing and forgetting the jaffas” 😀

Really shocking news about Owens. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Kind of related to that, I attended a research presentation from the group in Edinburgh (including James Robson) recently and the greatest number of neck injuries are still coming from open play (not in the scrum as you might think). Their research was in reducing neck injury at the scrum, particularly in juniors making the step up to full rugby which is apparently very common in Scotland where there have also been recent tragedys. What they found was that the vast majority of Junior front row players make the step up to Elite Adult rugby had neck strength equivalent to the average 13 year old rugby player. Pretty shocking. The other interesting thing they found was that it was only after 5-10 years playing at Elite Adult level (regardless of age) did any of the players start to have the neck strength to put them on equal footing with the established Elite players. The main things they picked out of that were that actual scrummaging based training over a prolonged time period was the only way to develop front row players to the required level and that secondly the SRU are looking to introduce a “Front Row License” where Juniors would have to prove they are suitable for the Elite adult game.

Basically lots of things I’d never really thought about and in some ways confirms how bloomin’ amazing Lee did at the weekend at the age of 21 without a great deal of high level rugby behind him

bigblackshed

AA.

I will admit I did search for and watch a short bit of footage of Owen Williams’s injury. It looked horrible.

Speedy recovery wishes to him.

anagallis_arvensis

Basically lots of things I’d never really thought about and in some ways confirms how bloomin’ amazing Lee did at the weekend at the age of 21 without a great deal of high level rugby behind him

Yeah but have you seen his neck!! He’s a clone of Ram Man

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I think the twisting of oppo players off the ball using the head/neck area at breakdowns is going to lead to a really nasty injury at some point, old School rucking with the boots was probably safer.

DanW
    Free Member

Is that what happened to Owens?

Regardless, I completely agree ijs445ra. It does seem pretty common to get someone in a kind of headlock then roll away the opponent from the ruck by their head. I’ve never heard it even mentioned as being potentially bad which I find quite shocking too.

Pigface
    Free Member

Any body got a way of getting World Cup tickets? For a weird reason need 2 tickets for Scotland Japan at Kingsholm. I know you register for tickets for a lucky dip scenario.

Pigface
    Free Member

None of the Scots interested in Boks v’s Jocks? 😕

anagallis_arvensis

DanW I believe it happend in a tackle havent seen it though. I made the mistake of seeing the footage of the aussie league player who broke his neck a few months ago. Not making that mistake again.

DanW
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to watch something so horrific at another’s expense either. The scary thing is though that it doesn’t take much to do a lot of damage. There wasn’t anything too crazy about how Thom Evan’s injury happened. Fortunately he seems to be doing ok now and lets hope for the same recovery for Williams

Pigface
    Free Member

Loving the 7’s but confused about the player standing offside after a tackle. Anyone she’d light on this?

Pigface
    Free Member

Will we ever beat Australia 😥

anagallis_arvensis

If no ruck forms just a tackler and a tackled player its not a ruck so no offside line. 7’s leaves me cold I’m afraid..did we lose to the aussies again?

Pigface
    Free Member

Yep blew a 19 point lead 🙁

Has Inverdale had some surgery on his scrotum eyes?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, big congratulations to Ireland Women’s Rugby who managed a feat that their male counterparts never have – they’ve only gone and beaten New Zealand – their first defeat in the tournament since 1991. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

That’s impressive! Had to read twice to check it wasn’t England beating NZ!

Lost the Super Rugby too, so they’ll be gunning for. the Championship later this month.

Well done Irish women 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

FFS Adam is training on his own due to the regions ongoing fight with WRU :(. When will this stop?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Who’s going to get the 2014/15 thread up and running then? Has to be one of the threads gobshites big hitters 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 3,921 through 3,960 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.