Viewing 40 posts - 3,641 through 3,680 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

I would add that I’m pretty sure the Ospreys have won it more than anyone else and I watch it on the bbc thanks.

DezB
    Free Member

Gloucester v Bath : 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That was a proper old-school derby grudge match!

duckman

Inhales,spoilt by the ref,exhales.

dantsw13

Spoilt by lack of discipline.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Spoilt by rugby breaking out in between the fighting!

DezB
    Free Member

The fights were certainly more entertaining.

Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/27141607

He is a long way down the queue I would think. Am I reading that right? does he liken himself to BOD? 😆

ElVino

Can I just say after spending a season rooted to the bottom of the Championship table Ealing my adopted local club (kids play & I coach minis) are seriously threatening not to get relegated. If Jersey lose away to Bedford we will stay up- well unless they pick up 2 losing bonus points. I am not even sure how I feel about this as a season of being thrashed by teams like Bristol, Leeds etc. with premiership aspirations has been no fun.

anagallis_arvensis

Bring back Ashton he’s great.
    Cipriani playing well could he get a recall? England look very light at ten without Flood.

tinybits
    Free Member

Great players? If that’s not out of context, what a complete prick.

I’d be very surprised if Cips didn’t get a recall, seems to have sorted himself out well.

I’ll put money on Burns being up there by the next 6 nations though.

anagallis_arvensis

I read it as Ashton saying great players dont have drops in form like he has had so he needs to improve.

jambalaya
    Free Member

He’s being fairly humble, which he should be as he was never as good as he thought he was. He’ll not go on the tour and neither will chippy Cipriani.

Quite a bit of speculation that Stefon Armitage might go with Lancaster having met him recently. No foreign based players was always a daft rule.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I read it as Ashton saying great players dont have drops in form like he has had so he needs to improve.

Me too. Interesting that he mentioned BOD and not JW. 😀

😉 etc.

anagallis_arvensis

Does that mean Flood is back in? Coaches son 1, Coaches son 2 and Burns looks weak given an injury.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If anyone is interested in a Saracens / Clermont ticket I have a spare available in exchange for a beer or two – H Cup Semi 15:40 ko Saturday at Twickenham. Downside is that you have to sit next to me. email in profile.

anagallis_arvensis

Bet Jambalaya is pissed!!! Wasnt expecting a result like that. Well played Saffacens.

Pigface
    Free Member

Were they that good or did Clermont not turn up, that is an incredible result.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa I was driving and supporting Clermont (I follow Bath and Bristol) so sober, sadly !

Saracens where good, 46-6 good, I’m not so sure. They will carry confidence into the final for sure.

I think the game turned on two key incidents after Saracens had scored a nice try off an inside pass to Ashton. There was a jump ball in the in-goal area and the video ref ruled Para had deliberately knocked the ball out, yellow card and penalty try. Clermont then had a storming period despite being down to 14 men they “scored” a try which was rightly ruled out by the video ref for a block/obstruction. After that Saracens where magnificent in defence, Clermont never really got behind them. Farrell missed a pass knocked it forward with his knee and fell on it for a score, perhaps Clermont thought then it would not be their day and in the last 20 mins they seemed to give up and it was a cricket score.

It was a magic atmosphere before the game and for the first 30 mins, a lot of Clermont fans, wigs, fancy dress, team shirts, flags. The lady behind us was teased by a Saracen fan that there were not many ASM fans at the game and she said they where saving up for Cardiff. All good fun. I felt sorry for them as they where very quiet in the second half, it’s a long and expensive trip to London to see your side thrashed.

A Saracen’s win is good for ticket sales (final isn’t sold out) and an all French final would be a bit boring. Munster/Toulon is hard to call, home advantage but I don’t think Toulon have been playing that well. I would find it hard to resist a trip to Cardiff to see JW play 😉

mefty
    Free Member

I went to the Sarries game today too – bought tickets this morning for £17, what a bargain. It was an extraordinary attacking defensive perforamnce, the tackle statistics are incredible, Berger made 19 tackles in the first half. The French fans were colourful and noisy (for the first half), and despite the small crowd (can’t believe they can’t sell more tickets) it was a brilliant atmosphere – better than many autumn internationals at Twickenham.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mefty attendance was 26,000 not bad. They only offer the lower tier for sale. There would be a better atmosphere in a smaller stadium which is full but there aren’t too many choices.

Scamper
    Free Member

Only 26k? Jesus.

anagallis_arvensis

Its a long say from South Africa to support your team 😉

boxfish
    Free Member

I follow Bath and Bristol

😯

That’s the first time in 42 years that I’ve heard such blasphemy… ❓

duckman

Not born in the area then!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Correct not born there, went to Uni in Bristol at the time Stuart Barnes was in the club side. I did say follow rather than support. We used to go to watch Bristol, Bath and occasionally Gloucester.

mefty
    Free Member

It shows how far Rugby has come that I am disappointed with a 26,000, but when Sarrries manage to get over 80,000 for a premiership game (albeit with a long run up), there must be a way to get a bigger crowd for such a big game.

Apparently the RFU encourage the London clubs to use Twickenham for big games to keep the stadium fee money inside the game.

duckman

Did you not stick out for having two eyes and just the 10 fingers?

tinybits
    Free Member

It shows how far Rugby has come that I am disappointed with a 26,000, but when Sarrries manage to get over 80,000 for a premiership game (albeit with a long run up), there must be a way to get a bigger crowd for such a big game.

Apparently the RFU encourage the London clubs to use Twickenham for big games to keep the stadium fee money inside the game.

Saracens ended up giving free tickets away for the game with 80,000. The stadium was also a lot more empty then 80,000 would suggest and the count was given from the ‘sold’ (given away) tickets.

Fair play to Saracens though, they took their chance well and even if the ref was a bit in their favour, they made sure it was well capitalised upon.

boxfish
    Free Member

* High-sixes duck man *

jambalaya
    Free Member

Did you not stick out for having two eyes and just the 10 fingers?

I can’t read and I can’t wrrrite but that dont really matterrr, ’cause I com from the West Country and I can drive a tracterrr

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Good luck to the Munster men today DD. Do the 6N holders proud.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A last chance to see JW in Cardiff, Allez les Toulonaise

The pitch is perfect, the weather ideal

live commentary

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tickets bought, Cardiff here we come, hopefully bring the bike and do some riding as well. Bank Holiday weekend.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Arse biscuits! Oh well…another bloody semi-final loss in France. Toulon were the better side for most of the game and fair play to them. At least Munster crossed their line and once again can go home with their heads held high. Two sides for whom I have little regard in the final. I’d have to hope Toulon would win as I’d hate to see Farrell have any kind of medal hanging round his neck.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dd it was a high pressure game, evenly matched I thought. I am all for ref’s making decisions but surprised Barnes didn’t go to the video for the Toulon “try”. Don’t agree with the balls out kick to the corner, take the 3 and then press again as Toulon know they cannot give away another kick.

Right off for a quick ride with a smile on my face.

duckman

Dunno DD,Sarries were more awesum than surf matt yesterday. Boxfish; you owe me a keyboard! 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I couldn’t care less who wins it duckie…I’m only saying who I’d rather see lift the trophy. Enjoyed the Toulon fans singing the Marseillaise with all of three Frenchmen on the pitch. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

French regular season is done. Lots of tears as Perpignan went down, having lead against Clermont (a win woukd ended Clermont’s stunning home win record) they lost and surprise wins eleshwhere sent them down. Biarritz have been dead for a while and finished 20 points adrift. Hard to believe I saw them in the H Cup at Quinns last season and not so long ago Perpignan at London Irish. Both clubs seem too strong to stay down.

Toulon finished top after having been as low as 5th, they’ve never won the Top 14 and with the H Cup final this may again elude them. Stade Francais slipped from 1st to 7th but will have a play off with WASPs for the new European Cup.

Still some quality rugby to go before the summer tours.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well, we lost yesterday – a proper thumping from Tigers! Good day out though & the Tigers fans we met were great, lovely atmosphere.
    Sale have signed Luke McLean from Treviso so I’m looking forward to the next season already, impatient to find out our European Cup ties so we can plan our French trip 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 3,641 through 3,680 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.