Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

Shame Saffacens didnt try that offer last year. Henson was excellent v them for Welsh denied a try from a questionable reffing decision but scored at least a drop goal. Just moved so no internet to see any games the team Bath chose looked like they had chucked the towel in before they started. Shame Saffacens have to resprt to cheap publicity stunts to get away fans as they have none of their own………. Not…..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Only 8’500 there apparently. Much better from Bath in the 2nd half but too much to do. Sarries rattled now

muddydwarf
    Free Member

full time Sarries 31-17 Bath.

wrecker
    Free Member

Quins look like the pick of the bunch so far.

DezB
    Free Member

Just seen the highlights – Kitchiner’s try… Tuilagi was awesome. Elliot’s try… North was awesome. 🙂 Wishing I had BT Sport 🙁

muddydwarf
    Free Member

BT Sport is awesome 🙂

It’s all we’ve watched this weekend 😛

Scamper
    Free Member

Considering sarries had a low gate, chances many of which were Barth fans, they would not have lost much income in refunds. Perhaps they should look after their own garden properly before cheap publicity stunts.

wrecker
    Free Member

Last Saturday, BT sport was absolutely appalling. It was a football show with a game of rugby wedged in. All of the per match, interval and post match was just football talk. They had a football score ribbon at the top of the screen. Complete shit. Today was completely different. Shaun Edwards and dallaglio were brilliant pundits who talked a lot of sense and Edwards did a mini lesson in defensive patterns. Really impressed.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Agreed, BT Sport apparently got a lot of negative feedback after last week. Still early doors for the programme but if it stays like today then it’s well worth the money.

Frankers
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Just seen the highlights – Kitchiner’s try… Tuilagi was awesome. Elliot’s try… North was awesome. Wishing I had BT Sport

Yep Manu lined it up nicely, he’s a strong lad. Also Bowden had a good game for us.

Frankers
    Free Member

I’m also loving the BT Sport coverage so far, hope they keep it up.

wrecker
    Free Member

I do wish they’d sack healey though. How that bloke makes a living as a personality ill never know.

Frankers
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

I do wish they’d sack healey though. How that bloke makes a living as a personality ill never know.

Lets be honest “he has” personality, maybe winds some folks up though.

I’m just happy to see the back of Stuart Barnes

wrecker
    Free Member

Lets be honest “he has” personality

So did Fred West! (Glaws fan I think)
    I just find him cringey. He throws out some low quality matey banter and everyone just looks embarrassed for him!

Frankers
    Free Member

Each to their own, I like him

Fred West on the other hand is not my cup of tea

DanW
    Free Member

So have the English and French definitely broken away from the Heineken Cup?
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/heineken-cup-english-french-clubs-launch-champions-cup-121614331–spt.html

There was some interesting discussion of it here

Seems like a complete mess and the IRB don’t seem to be involved too much at the moment 😕 It seems a bit like the IPL T20 league in cricket in some ways… although I can’t see rugby going that way. Seems the English and French have the financial clout to be in the stronger position and no doubt the Celtic league and IRB will bend most in the “mediation” going on last minute here

wrecker
    Free Member

The IRB seem a bit slopey shouldered at the minute. The PRL clubs are being very bullish and I’d expect the RFU to go along with what they demand.
    The FFR is very close to ERC Ltd. If the French and English are going to have an obstacle; it’ll be them.

DanW
    Free Member

All of the Celtic Unions have released statements saying they will not play in any tournaments not sanctioned by the IRB…

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wow did anyone else just see Cuthbert’s try?! I’m not his biggest fan, but good god what a try!

wrecker
    Free Member

All of the Celtic Unions have released statements saying they will not play in any tournaments not sanctioned by the IRB…

Quite right too. ERC ltd is dead though. The French and English have been VERY clear that they won’t play in a comp organised by them under any circumstances. The celts deliberately didn’t mention ERC by name. It’s a complete mess.

Calum Clark sent off again…….
    Foden is bloody brilliant. I’d forgotten how good he is.

anagallis_arvensis

Wow did anyone else just see Cuthbert’s try?! I’m not his biggest fan, but good god what a try!

Rob Kearney still couldnt tackle a kebab! Was a pretty good game, shame the ref was so far out of his depth it wasnt funny. I thought Warburton looked good for his first game back. Patchel could be very special too as could Owen Williams. Leinster had far too much class though.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep agree with that a_a. Why he he didn’t use tmo for the Blues ‘try’ that never was god only knows! Didn’t realise that it was Warbs first game back-yeah he looked pretty good….excellent work on the floor as always.

Pigface
    Free Member

Was scum bag Clark red carded or was it just the yellow?

Ah saw it was just a yellow.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

It was hardly a red card offence! He challenged for the ball got pushed back and went again off his feet., yellow card at most!

What did he do that warrants the scumbag comment, often see him slowing ball down but nothing malicious?

surfer
    Free Member

What did he do that warrants the scumbag comment

😯

anagallis_arvensis

Ewtube callum clark arm break

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Now, I haven’t seen any other training grounds, but after helping a mate out this week at Bath’s, I’m pretty sure no team else in the country has such surroundings in which to train. They even have an AstroTurf half-pitch just for training…in a bleeding walled garden! (Not that it helped them at Allianz). The money that’s being spent on the refurb of Farleigh House (Google it for images) is staggering.

Still couldn’t find Peter Stringer anywhere. I wanted to get his autograph for my mate’s lads. 🙁
    (and give him a hug).

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Knew we were going to lose to Saints last night but I’m fairly happy with Sale this morning. Sale were missing Tuitipu and Leota along with Peel and Gaskell but they showed some ambition and an attacking style that’s been sadly missing for a couple of seasons.
    Saints were far more physical and that told in defence, good game though and I’m happy Sale are moving forwards.

surfer
    Free Member

Agree MD. Only watched the second half and Sale looked pretty effective and resolute in defence and looked like they were constantly probing. A lot of injuries at the moment include Peel, McLeod and Buckley (who may have been effective last night) to your list.
    I had hoped for a losing bonus point at best but all in all it looked like a reasonable performance against a better team.

surfer
    Free Member

@DD

Got the Sale away game in Bath in my Diary. Travel there with work every month or so. Looking forward to an evening game there.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The game will be at the Rec surfer, which is a great spot for an evening game.

The owner bought this place a few years back and is restoring it. It’s a pretty impressive little pad. The floor we’re doing in the boardroom is gawdknowshowmuch. 🙂

Gimme a holler when you’re down for the game. Would be good to grab a beer over that way.

DanW
    Free Member

DD, that is indeed one insane set up! I guess the “big” clubs need a USP to bring in the big players and it would certainly make an impression. Not a bad place to turn up to work 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rugby humour eh? The gents…

DanW
    Free Member

I think at least one of them should be laughing… maybe nickname that one the “Henson”… could be Charlotte Church 😀

surfer
    Free Member

Cool DD 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys flying so far, thought it would be a tricky year but so far so good.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@DD – pretty funny’ seems only a matter of time before its covered in graffiti though …

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Edinburgh v Scarlets on Friday – worst match i have seen in long time.

This is going to be a very long season for Edinburgh 🙁

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys v Ulster on telly box tonight should be a good game.
    Whilst i hate scumhamptonshire this is a bloody good try
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KAsTs8gjn1E[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Y George is quite the talent, isn’t he?

Oh, and whatever you may think, there is no team with a name as good as the Prairie Wolf Pack RFC!

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.