Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah he looked very good…what is Gatlands beef with him?

EDIT: I’m guessing that it will be a while before we see Nick Wood again…quite what Jacque Burger did in just over a minute to deserve that is beyond me! 😯

anagallis_arvensis

James spat the dummy when Prydie was picked over him and walked out of training camp about 3 or 4 years ago. Not been in the squad since. He’s fast and strong but has always lacked footballing ability.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Edinburghs first home match and a win 8O. It was with a last kick of the match penalty but a win is win of which i did not see many last year.

The Edinburgh pack looked really strong particularly Ford and Nel in the front row. They destoryed the Dragons at almost every scrum…except an Edinburgh penalty scrum and with the Dragons a man down which the Ref thought Edinburgh collapsed it 🙄

Bit of work to be done with the backs but overall not a bad start.

Well done to Glasgow as well for winning away at Ulster.

duckman

Who would you drop for him AA? 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    anagallis_arvensis

I was just about to post that. Pretty safe considering Eastmond should be back in at 12.

Who would you drop for him AA?

??? eh

wrecker
    Free Member

Love it!

Tom-B
    Free Member

😆

ijs445ra
    Free Member

If you were Bath would you not just stick Henson on to try and take a penalty late on, he is a decent kicker is he not?

duckman

AA, I was wondering which of the Welsh back 3 you would drop for him. As to the Salaries offer, could Bath not just dip whoever will be kicking in a vat of Dulux orange and get their fans a payout?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cameron getting the respect he deserves.

Looks like the European Cup is going to get the revamp it needs (too many pointless one sided group games). Not sure about cramming the normal season in before Feb/6 Nations but possibility of having the South African sides join is a mouth watering one, add a couple of Welsh and Irish sides plus one from Scotland and Italy and you’re done,

Scamper
    Free Member

Funny, but Manu doesn’t learn, does he? Wonder if England will take action. And I think Mr Burns has more important things to do rather than tweet about it.

Scamper
    Free Member

With the European Cup, its not just the one sided contests but the easy qualification too in some quarters and the associated distribution of money.

DanW
    Free Member

After CaptainFlasheart’s post… Would be nice for Bath to let Henson have a penalty or conversion right under the posts at Sarries 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Roberts is injured at the moment!! Henson miles away from that though.

duckman

jambalaya – Member
    Cameron getting the respect he deserves.

Looks like the European Cup is going to get the revamp it needs (too many pointless one sided group games). Not sure about cramming the normal season in before Feb/6 Nations but possibility of having the South African sides join is a mouth watering one, add a couple of Welsh and Irish sides plus one from Scotland and Italy and you’re done,

POSTED 11 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

So I think we can now ignore the EPL’s pretend reasons for demanding a revamp?(it’s really about money)If you introduce qualification from the Rabo you will get 3/4 Irish sides,one Welsh and Glasgow,which is a crap day out. Banging on about the rabo sides not qualifying then trying to introduce quotas…Oh and it would be the end of Italian participation,bet the tigers would be glad of that mind,after their “one sided game” there last year.And as for South African teams,the key word is surely “European”

tinybits
    Free Member

I think that there is a valid point though, you have the pull, you get the cash. You have to put your front line players in the line every week, you want the others to have to do the same.
    The latest proposal is just grand standing, it’ll end up being a qualification based, European cup.
    IRFU is having a bit of trouble raising funds if I understand, not much take up of there bond sale which would indicate their let thinks they’re over priced.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Might be of interest…

@rugbyworldcup: #RWC2015 tournament volunteer programme will be launched in early 2014. Six thousand volunteers will be required for RWC 2015….

ijs445ra
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24153964

“Lower leagues? I would say roughly two people per team are on some sort of substances, could be fat-stripping supplement or a bulking supplement or something like that. From the Premiership to the Championship.” he said.

Yet maximuscle who sell fat stripping and bulking supplements etc are linked with a load of rugby teams and have Chris Robshaw as an ambassador so is it suprising young players are taking stuff?

http://www.maximuscle.com/team/index

Suspect it is not very clear if some supplements are legal or not.

Scottish rugby is certainly not benefitting from these lean muscle bound giants that are rampaging about the game

Pigface
    Free Member

I saw the Bismark/Carter tackle yesterday in a shop in Belgium. I don’t think it was a harsh yellow, to the strict letters of the law it was a proper tackle but at full speed it is incredibly difficult for the ref to see it. Du Plessis is always running the risk of a yellow when you go in like that. What worries me is the size of these guys and the deliberate targeting of vulnerable parts of the body. Bakkies Botha did a similar thing to Adam Jones, got cited and banned for two weeks but stayed on the pitch. For the people bleating about rugby going soft, wind your necks in, it’s not a blood sport, professionalism has created monsters the like we have never seen. How long before someone is killed in a collision between these gargantuan players.

anagallis_arvensis

Nothing like similar one was a legal tackle as has been seen with the irb recinding it. The other was an illegal entry to a ruck as seen with the ban. If its hard to see the ref didnt see it so shouldnt act on guesswork.

Pigface
    Free Member

Was talking about the aiming to deliberately target a player for injury. Not like you to ignore what’s written AA :lol

How you think Du Plessis was on side is baffling.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Bless him you to love Mongo 😆 Scott Gibbs once stole a taxi 😆

sputnik
    Free Member

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Phew….

Quins look frighteningly good against Wuss on the telly tonight. Wish I’d gone to the Sale game now!

surfer
    Free Member

If we had lost another number 8 you may have had the call 😯

Cipriani was the difference tonight, he has in another league, excellent all round performance. If he could play like that every week!

We were just putting some daylight between us and Wasps when Surfer junior utters the famous words “looks like we’ve got this won” which of course started the Wasps fightback. A nervous last 20 mins came down to a couple of scrums in the middle of the park that we eventually won and then won a kickable penalty with 90 seconds to go, step up Cipriani 🙂
    Few worrying injuries though, Peel, Gaskell and most worrying McLeod.

anagallis_arvensis

How you think Du Plessis was on side is baffling.

How could he possibly have been offside? The ball was kicked off, not caught, bounced backwards with no tackle and no ruck. He could have tackled Carter from behind him and not been offside.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

Frankers
    Free Member

I thought Worcester would have played better at home last night, Quins played a great game their offloading was excellent in the 1st half

Anyone got any predictions for today’s games? It’s gonna be a tough one at Allianz Park

Does anyone use Superbru?

Pigface
    Free Member

Great result for Gloucester 😆

Scamper
    Free Member

Talk about leaving it late.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Much as it pains me to agree with Austin Healey, that Glos result was a disgrace, ref should have had Glos 16 on his back!
    Glos played well but that was wrong.

Pigface
    Free Member

Miserable Dwarf 🙄 😆

Matthew Morgan length of the pitch, he is tiny 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

That gloucs result was a travesty. Good game though.
    B*** are getting a pasting at the minute.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bath are getting humped into the astroturf. Sarries and Quins look like a class apart.

Not looking forward to Sale facing a VERY angry set of Saints next week after that travesty yesterday.

The game itself was fantastic, Glos aren’t to blame for what happened but the referee was simply disgraceful.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Has someone given Henson a wash? MsD has just remarked he’s not looking as orange 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Sarries said they will refund all the Bath fans if Henson scores any points. Well that is what I thought they said on the radio this morning.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Its true, they said so on the telly!

It’s a bit insulting isn’t it? Mind you he’s just dropped a pass right in front of an open tryline 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.