Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • souldrummer
    Free Member

Wales seem to have run out of ideas. But at least they have some points at long last.

anagallis_arvensis

**** me how was that a pen ireland?

souldrummer
    Free Member

What worries me is that I can’t see Wales coming back from this. I am having slight deja vu from last year 😥

anagallis_arvensis

kock on by ireland wales adv over straight away when not even over the gainline then wales knock on and ireland kick it out but this time adv not over

tiggs121
    Free Member

If you were a newbie to watching rugby – how would the constant scrum penalties appear? Doesn’t make for a good spectacle.

I will concede that Sexton is MUCH better than Preistland!

wiggles
    Free Member

Need to get hook on priestland throwing away the chances and the game needs a change

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Happy now AA!!! Swings and roundabouts…..

juanking

As I said earlier Priestland needs to come off, what he’s doing isn’t working. Hook on quick

anagallis_arvensis

Priestland is no way the problem, the other option is hook and he certainly isnt the answer

anagallis_arvensis

beard alert 😀

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’m not sure Wales have an answer no matter who they substitute!!

tiggs121
    Free Member

Sexton. Top player today.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wales were shit. Ireland weren’t.

That’s all there is to say, really.

anagallis_arvensis

POM is going to cry if Spikey pushes him again I think.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales were shit. Ireland weren’t.

That’s all there is to say, really.
    indeed

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why? He’s played very well, spikey hasn’t (and I am normally a spikey fan).

And now spikey being a fool!! as butler said, “it’s too late”

juanking

Time to crack open the beer.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Can’t argue with CFH in his analysis of a tired uninspiring Welsh team. Much as it grieves me to write that!!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Wales playing like England 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh FFS well done Ireland that is a spanking, was Priestland as useless as I have heard.

tiggs121
    Free Member

That was a thrashing!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well played Ireland.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought Spikey was one of wales only reasonable players, any momentum came through him.
    Well played Ireland

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, well played Ireland. Wales were just woeful.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ireland were very good. Every single player dominated his opposite number in a red shirt. Schmit got the tactics spot on and Ireland were better in every single aspect of the game.

Wales were poor and maybe all the talk of grudges in the build up showed in their cynical petulant approach.

anagallis_arvensis

Every single player dominated his opposite number in a red shirt. Schmit got the tactics spot on and Ireland were better in every single aspect of the game.

a good team would have put at least 30-40 on wales today, Ireland had nothing behind the magnificent front 10.

anagallis_arvensis

was Priestland as useless as I have heard.

some good kicks from hand and did well with the shite he was served up. It was lost in the lineout and the huge amount of ball wales dropped. The ref wasnt exactly helpful either.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Scoreline flattered Wales tbh.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

26 is close enough to 30 for me. Sure it wasn’t pretty but as a prop the sight of a 20 metre maul does the heart good. And sure our centres are past it. 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

DD 😉

The “little man” Darcy was the best centre on the field today.

Outside 10, only Cuthbert stood man2man. 1/2p was ok and v good under the ball as always, but Kearney outshone him too.

anagallis_arvensis

so next up France… great

depresing thing is the pack cannot really change, bring in Tipuric for Lydiate and pray

boxfish
    Free Member

Gatland has no Plan B. Wales were toothless and witless.

anagallis_arvensis

And sure our centres are past it.

they are, with all that ball they created nothing, take nothing away from a great win but its going to be a big issue going forward. Did Darcy or Bod make a break?

boxfish
    Free Member

I think BOD broke Scott Williams…

anagallis_arvensis

Gatland has no Plan B.

you can have as many plans as you like but if you lose lineouts, drop balls and give away pens every 2 mins its unlikely to make a difference. On the few occasions wales kept hold of the ball and didnt turn over or drop the ball they looked quite good.
    Ian Evans presence in the middle of the lineout and in the mauls was missed the big daft ****. Coombs is a part time 5 or 6 and too lightweight.

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought Ireland outsmarted Wales. Given the conditions and how they knew Wales want to play they just stopped them doing anything. As above Wales couldn’t find a new plan.

anagallis_arvensis

I think BOD broke Scott Williams…

which was pretty much his only contribution, Darcy was tidy but nothing great

anagallis_arvensis

Given the conditions and how they knew Wales want to play they just stopped them doing anything.

Did they know wales would give away pens like a peado gives away worthers originals

boxfish
    Free Member

On the few occasions wales kept hold of the ball and didnt turn over or drop the ball they looked quite good.

Please define “few”. I don’t remember more than 2 significant (ground-gaining) multi-phase possessions by Wales, and they ended in error and infringement.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I thought Ireland outsmarted Wales. Given the conditions and how they knew Wales want to play they just stopped them doing anything. As above Wales couldn’t find a new plan.

As I say, Wales played like England…

Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.