Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Stoner, was at the Sale game – when they announced the result of the Wuss game a groan went up around the ground, people seemed to really feel for Wuss.

Stoner
    Free Member

Worcs actually played alright. They even scored a try this time! 🙂

But not even Loser’s bonus points is going to salvage the season for us

gordimhor

Hoping for a Scottish win today but fully expect England to win by 12 to 15 points :|. Even the weather is against Scotland today. Only thing we can ask is that the Scottish team leave the pitch having given everything.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why is the weather against you gordi? What’s they local take on Brown not even making the bench. He seemed ok last week.

gordimhor

Forecast says gales and hail so since Scotland are prone to handling errors anyway I think we will struggle to keep posession.

gordimhor

I haven’t seen last weeks game by all accounts Scotland were poor and Brown was no worse than many. Slightly puzzling decision to drop him.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Remember Andy Nichols blue lips and hope. Of course, I will be hoping that it goes to form but a wet M’field always makes me nervous. Instead of the usual marketing BS, don’t you think the SRU should just run a video of CMD from yesterday!!! 😉 Lancaster has already asked wee eck to talk to the English team!!

gordimhor

Scotlands secret plan is to get John Swinney to give his budget speech to the england pack just before kick off in the hope that they fall asleep 🙂
    Anyway don’t want to hijack the thread.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Let’s hope it’s a good game and the weather/pitch aren’t too bad. Relishing the starter in Dublin more though. Great afternoon. Just need to get as many jobs done now so that the “boss” doesn’t complain if I am watching both matches later!!!!!

His many brownie points can I get in in just under 3 hours?

tiggs121
    Free Member

It is a bit puzzling as why Brown was dropped, given he was selected as captain after Johnson said he would only be named captain if he warranted a certain place in the team and also puzzling because Ryan Wilson was totally outplayed last week.

I know Kelly, having taught him at school and he will be philosophical about this and when he is next given a chance he will show his usual work rate, commitment and determination to prove the doubters wrong.

I’d have thought his “inside Knowledge” of the English players may have been useful today?

loum
    Free Member

Despite getting MOM last week, Heaslip was poor IMO.
    Played like he wanted to be a back hanging round on the wing.
    Gave passes so others took the contact when he did get it close and generally fannied about all through. First time I noticed him actually put head down and bash the gainline was 79th minute when he’d just been tannoyed for his award. He’s got away with it with SOB in the side but was shown up by Denton last week. Not saying Henry had a bad game at all, he didn’t, but Heaslip really needs to play like a proper 8 in this line up.
    Last time I remember him fannying about so much was when the Ozzies battered Ireland in the autumn. Looked like he didn’t want to break a nail then too. Thing is, next game he matched Kieran Read so he can do it when he really wants to.
    Never captain material though – his inconsistency looks down to commitment not skill.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I for one am just looking forward to the respectful cheers from the Irish crowd when Y Gat arrives. After all, no one likes boo-boys, do they?

😉

loum
    Free Member

Sounds like the Welsh can’t shut up about their coaches’ decicions last summer.
    Not just the internet experts but now Howley’s on it too this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26076932

No surprise if they don’t get a little bit back today. 😉

anagallis_arvensis

I loved it two years ago when the “silent for the kickers” irish crowed booed halfpennies winning kick!

mefty
    Free Member

I expect England Scotland to be close, England rarely run away with the game at Murrayfield – add in weather and pitch problems and I think we are looking at a 0-5 point margin, hopefully to England.

anagallis_arvensis

biggest question of the day is who has the best beard?

honeybadgerx

Anyone not getting sound on the BBC online coverage?

anagallis_arvensis

I wasnt but then was when going thru the watch live page rather than the sports pages.

anagallis_arvensis

Weather looks better than expected.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Enjoy…..

tiggs121
    Free Member

Lets hope Barnes doesn’t spoil this. He tends to a bit pedantic and likes to be the main attraction!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Errrrrrr, penalty errrrrr…….against green????

Guessing at the highest level!!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Wales doing well to hold this to 6pts so far. Needs a spark???

Oh dear what a line out.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Good kick, good line out – easy try.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales playing like clowns 🙁

wiggles
    Free Member

Very disappointed with Wales so far, just not in the game at all. Sexton running the show

BlindMelon
    Free Member

It’s been a poor first half not helped by the ref. Wales have been very negative and Ireland have bossed the breakdown. Let’s hope for a better second half. Scot Williams will be cited as well

juanking

So far the worst I’ve seen from Wales for a long time. Time to take Gethin, Lydiate and Priestland off.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I hope (as a neutral) that Wales have a big first 10m in 2h. Not living up to expectations so far. Fingers crossed.

anagallis_arvensis

Scot Williams will be cited as well

BOD COULD HAVE DIED!!!!
    Bollocks nothing in it.
    Jaunking.. Priestland has done well with what he’s had IMO. No lineout and scrums negated means no posession

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wales have been utter dross so far. It can only get better, surely….

But I don’t think it will.

anagallis_arvensis

its like the old days watching wales without a lineout falling apart

tiggs121
    Free Member

Wales will get back into this – Ireland can’t keep this going for 80 mins and Wales will find an answer soon.

duckman

Phillips chucking toys now…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You have to love POM – imagine him in a classroom!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

to be fair other than high kicks and mauls ireland are doing nothing

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

??? 😉 (scarlet-tinted specs)

anagallis_arvensis

If I was irish I’d want to be out of sight and over the hill by now with all the possession

anagallis_arvensis

Healy just punched sam….cite him

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Possibly true, but not exactly doing nothing!! Anyway, here you go…..

Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.