Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Swansea best team in the Uk that year 😆

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Tom Croft out for the season with a torn ACL, quite an injury list he is bulding up.

fathomer

ijs445ra – Member
    Tom Croft out for the season with a torn ACL, quite an injury list he is bulding up.

Terrible news, gutted for him. Big loss for the tigers as well 🙁

anagallis_arvensis

unlucky bloke, he must be gutted. The attrition rate for top players is **** nightmarish these days. Good luck to him in his recovery.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Certainly been more injury retirements over this summer than i can ever remember 🙁

I think we are probably now starting to see players who have played only professional rugby reach the end of their careers and the next 5-10 years i guess we will see just what a toll that has taken on them.

surfer
    Free Member

Its certainly an issue as bigger players become stronger and more athletic. I find myself less tolerant of big hits, not using arms etc. It can be crowd pleasing (judging by the comments on rugbydump etc) many fans still love to see it but I hate to see good players taken out of the game.

Pigface
    Free Member

There are some right chimps who comment on Rugby Dump 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There are some right chimps who comment on Rugby Dump the interwebz

🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Including you Flashy 😆

anagallis_arvensis

There are some right chimps who comment on Rugby Dump the interwebz

he means me doesnt he!

anagallis_arvensis

The Orange Witch starts at 12 v Leicester today.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Excellent result for Sale last night 😯 sooo glad that I didn’t end up going! I’d got a ticket but a combination of an hour queue on the M6 and the pissing rain persuaded me that a night in was a better bet!

Northampton look strong this year.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I went to the game. Newcastle were poor but Sale were awful.
    no penetration from Falcons whatsoever, Sale had territory, possession and the set pieces yet constantly gave away penalties.
    Really poor.

anagallis_arvensis

aus 14 arg 13 with 15 to go! Aussie commentators don’t like the “new” law that says they have to feed the scrum straight!!

wrecker
    Free Member

The Orange Witch starts at 12 v Leicester today.

Live on BT sport too. Think ill watch that.

anagallis_arvensis

could be a good game, shame about Leicester injuries

wrecker
    Free Member

B*** have a very good squad this year. Looking forward to seeing rokoduguni again. He’s a guardsman, got picked up by *alternative to a shower* following the army navy game. Good player.
    Henson must have impressed in training to make the XV. Good luck to him.

anagallis_arvensis

Eastmonds broke, went off just before half time last week with Henson coming on, he also played a half for the reserve team on Monday night. Hope his defence is up to the job today. Only other option would have been Banahanahanahan at 12. I suspect Henson outside a young outside half is a better option. Henson can take the pressure off with clearance kicks and decision making as and when needed. For someone who is obviously as thick as shit he is a very “intelligent” rugby player.

anagallis_arvensis

as an aside, how the **** can they get this so wrong when the bloody video ref is looking at it? Its an awful decision
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJJeqAmEV3I[/video]

this was very very odd too but at least borderline I suppose

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4JsFZQBjcE[/video]

wrecker
    Free Member

I though the second one more clear cut than the first (which was offside, but the tackle was fine so no yellow IMHO)

anagallis_arvensis

could he be offside? I’m not sure a ruck had formed? no ruck was formed, he couldn’t be offside. Also the ref said high and no arms which is clearly wrong.

back to Gavins performance in training… twitter says it all:

Super Gavin Henson ?@UnrealGavHenson 12 Sep
    Great training session finished – lads clapped me off the pitch and @Jonathanjoseph0 asked for a signed picture. Happy to oblige for a fan!

Super Gavin Henson ?@UnrealGavHenson 29m
    Shaking hands with some Gav fans before the warm up. Then a request to go into the @LeicesterTigers dressing room to sign some autographs

Tom-B
    Free Member

I personally thought that the first one was a borderline shoulder charge, he didn’t really wrap him up! Not a lot the video ref could do…the ref told him that he’d nade up his mind about the tackle and just wanted to know if there was any foul play in the aftermath.

anagallis_arvensis

I personally thought that the first one was a borderline shoulder charge, he didn’t really wrap him up!

he had hold of Carter as he was falling, nothing wrong with that tackle at all. Agree the video ref is not at fault but its awful from Poite

sputnik
    Free Member

Terrible performance by the ref, NZ played monster rugby and SA had no chance playing with 14 players against 16 .
    😥

wrecker
    Free Member

I find it VERY difficult to pity the saffas for getting a hard time from a ref. they’ve benefitted so many times and got away with so much. Not a fan.

wrecker
    Free Member

Cripes! Pinged for feeding!
    havent seen that for a while.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

THAT was a game! Tigers dead and buried by half time but came within a whisker of beating Bath. That enforced break worked for Bath though, Ford is great isn’t he? Pity he’s only 12!

anagallis_arvensis

Ford is great isn’t he?

no, he may become so but he aint great. Made some very poor decisions early on and his kicking from hand and floor needs work. He’s good, he aint great though.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

He was certainly more visible than a certain Mr Henson, if the commentators hadn’t mentioned him before the game you’d have missed him. Hope Bath didn’t pay too much on that effort.

Tigera did very well considering how many injuries they have this early in the season, can’t think of many other teams that would have come back from that sort of kicking before half time. Their No9 Mele was a liability in the first half, sorted himself out in the 2nd it seems.

anagallis_arvensis

He was certainly more visible than a certain Mr Henson

You’d hope so he was the outside half!
    Hyperbole overload to suggest Ford is great though! Henson had a ropy start but did OK. Nice pass to put Banahanahanhan away.
    The first pass Henson received was certainly interesting!!

tinybits
    Free Member

Just got back from the match, Bath deserved their win, but inthinknit would have been very different with a full strength Tigers side. Thought Joseph and the Bath full back were very good, and not too many scrims will get on top of Leicester this season.
    Henson was poo, shown an almost complete lack of interest for the majority if the game. In fact he looked a little more interested in the fat ginger man who kept standing up and shouting ‘I love you Gav’!

anagallis_arvensis

shown an almost complete lack of interest for the majority if the game

Bingo!!! Allen must be real shit for not making hay down his channel then!

Ospreys just drew 29 all away to Leinster… good result

tinybits
    Free Member

Outside of Lamb? You could be Tana Umanga and fail to get anywhere!

anagallis_arvensis

Oh right, so a players contribution may have something to do with those around him? I see.
    Henson looked fairly interested tackling Munipola early on or tackling Crane in the corner just prior to the injury break at the end. A poo player who was uninterested might have been expected not to complete the 80 mins too.

wrecker
    Free Member

Henson had a mare in the first 15, but settled after that. Steady game for him, but its a new team to him and he could do well. Ford is good, but is only 20 so certainly has the potential for greatness.
    If that’s the best b*** can do against a tiggers 2nd XV with a manager consigned to the stands and at the wreck, they ain’t going to be setting the world on fire this season. Felt bad for the tiggers winger who pulled his hamstring, he was having a good game. The b*** full back looked very good.

anagallis_arvensis

I would agree with that wrecker. I thought Ford didnt make the best use of the dominant pack or play the game in the right areas second half.

anagallis_arvensis
    anagallis_arvensis

Wray must be reading this thread

http://www.espn.co.uk/blogs/rugby/story/198553.html

sputnik
    Free Member

For those of you who care (not you Wrecker)
    IRB statement :

Following an initial review, the IRB confirms that it was incorrect for referee Romain Poite to issue a yellow card to Bismarck du Plessis in the 17th minute of The Rugby Championship match between New Zealand and South Africa in Auckland on Saturday.
    Just as players and coaches make mistakes, the decision was an unfortunate case of human error by the match officials, who, having reviewed the match, fully recognise and accept that they made a mistake in the application of law.
    All match official performances are thoroughly reviewed and assessed by the IRB and are considered when appointments are made for future test matches.

anagallis_arvensis

Nice to see forest gump scoring trirs for exeter. Wonder if Gatland would ever forgive him.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.