Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

brakes,

Average out the margins. England France game, winners not likely to score more than 20, same for Ireland Scotland game. Wales Italy, Wales likely to score 30+.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales by 7
    Ireland by 10
    France by 240 000 hopefully.

brakes
    Free Member

ok, these are my predictions:

Sat 1st Feb
    Wales 31 v Italy 21
    France 12 v England 15
    Sun 2nd Feb
    Ireland 28 v Scotland 12

haha! here we go. A_A is fully on the ABE bus.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Ireland team to face Scotland:

Rob Kearney (Leinster); Andrew Trimble (Ulster), Brian O’Driscoll (Leinster), Luke Marshall (Ulster), Dave Kearney (Leinster); Johnny Sexton (Racing Metro), Conor Murray (Munster); Cian Healy (Leinster), Rory Best (Ulster), Mike Ross (Leinster); Devin Toner (Leinster), Paul O’Connell (Munster); Peter O’Mahony (Munster), Chris Henry (Ulster), Jamie Heaslip (Ulster).

Replacements: Jack McGrath (Leinster), Sean Cronin (Leinster), Martin Moore (Leinster), Dan Tuohy (Ulster), Tommy O’Donnell (Munster), Isaac Boss (Leinster), Paddy Jackson (Ulster), Fergus McFadden (Ulster)

Taylor v Fitzgerald at 12 could be interesting

Pigface
    Free Member

AA being a bit conservative arent you 😆

I would go for a straight 1,000,000 😉

ElVino

No Fitzgerald he is injured bugger! Trimble ok replacement but would have liked to see Zebo on bench. team looks solid rather than exciting. good ulster represantation and delighted to see TOD on the bench

Kryton57

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Wales by 7
    Ireland by 10

The haterz is back… I will PMSL when we beat Wales, and be sure to raise this comment.

anagallis_arvensis

Bless dont get your knickers twisted Kryton.

DanW
    Free Member

I’m going for
    France by 10
    Ireland by 15+
    Wales by 5

Think I agree with CFH most.

France will either win or lose by 10. Either destroy Eng or destroy themselves.

Ireland looked good in the Autumn at times and have the potential to score well against Scotland.

Wales should win comfortably but are Wales (and some of the big names haven’t had too much game time/ form) so will only wake up on the 30th minute having made life hard for themselves 😀

toys19
    Free Member

Anyway I’ve bought me an Italy shirt and am going to scream the place down tomorrow. Go Azzuri!

anagallis_arvensis

Good lad. Is Parisse playing? Hes well fit.

Bear
    Free Member

No chance of Farrels career going same way as Ashton because of one thing…..

grannygrinder
    Free Member

I bit the bullet that needed biting and put a fairly outrageous amount of money on England to do the Grand Slam.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

£2.50?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gatling gave an interview this week saying that Italy is the team that Wales most like to beat.

toys19
    Free Member

Gatling gave an interview this week saying that Italy is the team that Wales most like to beat.

Worse than that, he left the whole Italian team out of the Lions Squad!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

In other news, Sale are currently beating Ospreys in the LV Cup. Sale score 4 tries in the first half to Ospreys one.

Pigface
    Free Member

LV who cares 🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

@granny, winning the RBS possibly but a Grand Slam, you’re nuts !

Hard to know what will happen in Paris as you never know which French side will turn up and it’s England’s first outing.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Pigface – its a good platform for the up and coming players.
    Sale now 33 – Ospreys 20. 7 try game so far, sounds like a good game!

If the LV is so worthless then why the pressure for the regions to join the Prem?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Tight game now, 30-36 with 12 minutes to go. Sale down to 14 men, can Ospreys come back?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ooh, Ospreys recover to win 37-36 9 try game!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ooh, Ospreys recover to win 37-36 9 try game!

Pigface
    Free Member

What a great competition the LV cup is 😉 great win for the O’s 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

“you only sing when your winning” 😛

Pigface
    Free Member

We sing all the time 8)

duckman

Brilliant,the times 6n spread would appear to be 4n this year.

Kryton57

I’ve just watch some Tv where the reporter stated “Wales will to become the 1st team to win the 6n 3 x in a row and therefore one of the best teams in the world”

Talk about one eyed. Even if they do win it, it’ll be against a series of debutant players / team structures which will wipe the floor with their creaking structure in the RWC later on.

IMO only Scotland and Ireland are developing correctly. I’m going to be forever bemused about the Northen hemi and Stuart lancasters insistence on using players out of position which although seems to be correcting itself a bit, still suffers from a strangulation of individual flare. Allegedly the England new boys have been told to use their talent today but we’ll see eh.

IMO if England’s back line isn’t established in the next few weeks so they can play together for a bit and show some sort of attacking threat, we’re screwed in 2016.

duckman

That would be the case if we (Scotland) had any players to develop.The SRU did the right thing with regards to redevelopment and how it approached the pro game ( canny,or tight in English)However player numbers suffered because of this and now,despite the joined up progression,there are far fewer players. TBH if Wales can keep their 1st xv on the pitch,it is prob good enough to win the 6n. But despite the cryochambers,they do have a fragile air to them. I do not share the medias low opinion of France,this afternoon will be interesting.

Kryton57

I do not share the medias low opinion of France,this afternoon will be interesting.

Me neither. I see them leading at half time, then England regardless of what the coaches say reverting to type Burrell and May could make a difference but first they need to get some ball then need to run as much off the ball as they want to with it.

I’ve just read that burells weakness could be defense. I’d imagine Basteraud will test him out big time, which is why Barrit is on the bench.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Bastereau is the master of losing the ball either in the tackle or getting turned over from what I’ve seen. It’s OK being a human wrecking ball but if you give the ball back to the opposition the yards that you made prior to it aren’t that valuable!

It’s not hard to see him running straight over 36 and scoring a try though! Cannot wait for the game now!

duckman

I dont really agree with that,I also think bastereau makes ball and space for fofana in a way his oppo centres can only dream about today.I don’t know where the assertions that france will be beasted up front are coming from. Cole and Marler will be up against it. Lawes is the only English forward obviously better than his opposite number as Hartley will have that bear Mas coming straight(or not,as the case may be)at him from the first scrum. As l said earlier,Care is the most important England player on the pitch. Should be a good game.

Kryton57

Care is the most important England player on the pitch. Should be a good game.

I dunno. I think wood and robshaw getting in thier 10’s face could be more decisive. Get them rattled and they are usually in pieces, let them settle and I think we’re in trouble.

I still maintain French stupidity (cards, drop balls, bananas tactics) will win us the get but we must bring intensity.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sort yer bloody link out O’Flashearty 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ahem……

😉

toys19
    Free Member

I do not share the medias low opinion of France,this afternoon will be interesting.

I don’t share your opinion that the media have a low opinion of france, most of the opinion seems to be going the froggy way.
    Anyway in the true spirit of the forum, I don’t care if England lose, it’s more important to me that Wales do.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Poor Italian full back, getting a bounce like that on his debut

Great kick from 1/2p.

psling
    Free Member

“still looking for his first touch” 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.