Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

Since we are lifting quotes from the BOD article what about, ‘All other attempts to raise the subject were met with a verbal version of that neat sidestep that has become so familiar as O’Driscoll slipped through the cover unscathed.’

It’s the media who keep dragging this up not BOD, in particular the Sky journos, I think BOD and the IRFU are trying to avoid this as much as possible by having him at the press conference this week and not next. The questions should be about the game with Scotland not a sham battle that everyone is trying to move on from.

Pigface
    Free Member

I think BOD’s reputation has diminished in lots of people eyes after the Lions tour.

Still a deity in Ireland and with Irish fans but most people I know regard his as 1 a brilliant player and 2 a whiny ego monster who should just shut up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

…that neat sidestep that has become so familiar as O’Driscoll slipped through the cover unscathed.

Maybe a couple of seasons ago, but he’s lost a yard or three of pace now, you know.

😉

(Awaits cries of “Burn the blasphemer!”)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh I really can’t be arsed…wot BM said.

Apart from…

I think BOD’s reputation has diminished in lots of people eyes after the Lions tour.

He’s been about the most mature about it of all commentators. It was the rest of us either whinging about it or lauding it gloatingly that ought to be having a look at ourselves. 🙂

It’s getting a bit like the Murray throwaway comment before the world cup now. 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s been about the most mature about it of all commentators. It was the rest of us either whinging about it or lauding it gloatingly that ought to be having a look at ourselves

This is indeed true! There was a great pic of him at Y Gat after the final test that really summed it up.

(shall stop the easy target fishing now)!

anagallis_arvensis

He was left out of the last Lions test of his career…what should he say?

either, “whats done is done, I’ve moved on” or, “I didnt do enough to get picked good on the lads for winning” or maybe just ignore the question.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Glad to see England mixing things up a bit and delighted Ashton is dropped. If France reproduce Autumn form they showed against NZ, England will lose that game, big test first up.

Scamper
    Free Member

Lancaster has been mixing it up since day one, although with that back line and accounting for injuries is raw to say the least with potentially only 80 odd caps, 40 of which are care. Having said that competition is good with starting caps earned, but positions need to increasingly need to be nailed down for 2015.

anagallis_arvensis

Englands pack looks very strong with loads of ball carriers too. Backs a bit mleh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

either, “whats done is done, I’ve moved on”

What happened happened, I don’t have any ill will towards Warren.

anagallis_arvensis

See what Flashy said above.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

If only they would read the full article, not just the bits that suit their dragon tinted specs hey DD?

England’s pack will do well in France it will be close but I think Eng will edge it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😛

Oh I dunno…dragging the Edinburgh defence out. Fairy nuff, I just thought you hadn’t read the article again.

anagallis_arvensis

I must not be a big hitter as I have no idea what you mean by edinburgh defence.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I agree BM. I have a sneaky feeling England will win in France too…by not very much. Game of the weekend for me. Hoping it’s a cracker.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

The Edinburgh defence is terrible even Munster got a bonus point 😆

Ok IGMC

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think you need to move on yourself now a_a. 🙂

BM 😆 It was the game there that I still wonder at. Predictions for the Green Machine – Scotland game? (Edit: D’oh)

anagallis_arvensis

BOD is evil anyway. He ruined this poor guys career!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

The only dodgy bit in that vid is the hair do, what was he thinking?

anagallis_arvensis

The irish love a mullet almost as much as the kiwis!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

That’s one I can’t defend

Scamper
    Free Member

I thought we were talking about Williams tints 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Edinburgh defence is terrible even Munster got a bonus point

Brilliant!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Stop it! I miss TeeJ from these threads. 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hear, hear, DD!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I’m currently in Stirling trying to wind up Scotland fans but they only want to talk about fitba. As if that’s not bad enough they have turned the City game over to Celtic vs Ecclefechan or someone. And the Guiness is shite

Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25956158

Getting really boring now, cant we just sort it out. Where will the Torfaen Flamingos play?

duckman

Ach, by KO on Sat we will all know what the Welsh are doing (and monkeys may fly out of my butt)

anagallis_arvensis

Marler at loosehead for england. What do you lot think. I always thought he was a bit shit. Bench looks a bit stodgy.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Parents evening clashes with E v Fr 🙁

Looking forward to a good 6N. Should be close again. Who will gain the early momentum? Seems a balance for you boys aa and flashy, more games in Cardiff but two big ones (ok, one big one in Dublin) away from home.

Is it good to take on France first or not? We shall see!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Parents evening clashes with E v Fr

finally an answer to which is best state or private schools!!

England have a strong pack but backs look less dangerous, bench a bit stodgy. Wales have a strong 15 and a weak bench. More injuries will really weaken Wales.

duckman

Marler will be good if he is able to cope with the scrum. Some players can play him really well. When that happens he fades out of the loose a lot. England have a useful pack, but everybody is overlooking the fact that the French,front row esp,ain’t exactly chopped ham either. French backs are better imo. Care’s quicker service will be vital for England lots of ball over the French centres heads methinks…
    Nice to start with a game I can watch as a neutral. 😉

Pigface
    Free Member
    duckman

“The Scottish referee simply let them get on with it.

😳

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Predictions for the weekend ?

France by 5
    Ireland by 3-7
    Wales by 10-14

Kryton57

I think England by 5, but France to score first.

Danny Care looks increasingly like Baldrick to me, but nevertheless he needs to have a good game.

For me this hinges on how England play, which I suspect ultimately will revert to type. if 36 plays well and releases Burrell they’ll have there hands full as long as our new boys don’t get nervous, which might draw the defense. But I suspect the game plan is as per usual swapping Burrell into tuilagis role – tie them into the forwards and ask Burrell to crash through. Our issue is that we can’t do what the kiwi’s do and basic rugby instructions say – run support with the ball carrier in the backs. I’m pretty sure Lancaster will have spent the last two weeks drumming that out of the debutants.

And I say that on the basis that I’m not sure I’ve seen any imaginatively different plan from Lancaster.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Burrell has to try crashing through tubby-tubby Basteraud on his first cap as well.

I agree that there only appears to be one game plan with Lancaster plus Farrell stands too deep and runs out of ideas and kicks possession away too easily, i see him having a similar career trajectory to Ashton.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ijs445ra – Member
    Predictions for the weekend ?

France by 5
    Ireland by 3-7
    Wales by 10-14

Hmmm. Not too convinced.

I’m going for
    France by 10
    Ireland by 15+
    Wales by 5

Re the last one – A pessimist is rarely disappointed.

brakes
    Free Member

can someone give me some accurate predictions for actual scores for this weekend’s matches?
    I need to submit to the office sweepstake and as a part-time supporter haven’t looked at rugby for a year… 🙂

mrhoppy

France by less than 5
    Ireland by 10
    Wales by 15+

Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.