Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • duckman

Oh and 2000!

duckman

You wee shite…

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Even with home advantage Sarries will be very very tough. Munster in the semis would be fun. Good luck today hope you get the BP.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So the semi-draws are out:

Ulster/Saracens v Clermont/Leicester
    Toulon/Leinster v Munster/Toulouse

Mouthwatering ties every one of them. (with apologies to any Scottish or Welsh club fans…but I suppose you’re all used to it at this stage of the competition). The pick for me is Leinster away at Toulon.

I think Munster have enough to get past Toulouse to the Semis – given that it’s in Limerick, but I fear that will be where it ends for the southern province. Ulster look to have a good path through to the final if they get past Sarries.

HC QF and SF stage – always throws up some epic club rugby. Can’t wait.

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve never been a fan of the cheap larger cup… doesnt interest me at all. 😉

duckman

What;is their a tournament that goes later than Jan?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Here’s a pic to add to your post duckie 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ulster Munster final then?

Some cracking looking ties but I think home wins on all 4.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ulster v Leinster/Toulon for me I think.

anagallis_arvensis

Ryan Jones out of six nations. Arse. Hibbard a doubt too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’ll be gutted to hear Keef is a doubt too a_a. 😆

BlindMelon
    Free Member

At least Zebo and Gilroy have been added. Is Earls Deffo out?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is Earls Deffo out?

Only a doubt at this stage BM. I suppose the green machine aren’t exactly poverty stricken in the wings, what with TB likely returning too. Zebo is apparently looking very sharp again, which is good to hear. It’s in the centres and back row where what I predict to be a mediocre campaign will happen.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Zebo looked good against Edinburgh when he came on but then Edinburgh would have made anyone look good.

I think history has 3 out of 4 home teams winning the QFs. For me it will be Toulouse or Leinster to get the away win this year, i think Toulouse could actaully go all the way they were very impressive against Saracens.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zebo is apparently looking very sharp again, which is good to hear.

Indeed it is. Great to see someone with the inventiveness and guile that smaller players bring to the game. Yes, there’s a place for the massive bruisers on the wing (North/Cuthbert etc), but I still have a great liking for the little wizards, a la Shane or Zebo.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For me it will be Toulouse or Leinster

Agreed. They’re the most likely away wins for me too.

I’m only predicting a home win for Munster based on prejudice and the fact that they have such a good home record in the HC historically…apart from the odd hiccup. 🙂

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Dusautoir to miss the 6N, out for 4 months

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25800846

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dusautoir to miss the 6N, out for 4 months

I saw that…good news for anyone playing them, but will be sorry not to see him playing. He’s a bit awesome.

EDIT: I think what I’m trying to say is that I won’t miss him against the green machine, but I’d like to see him play against everyone else. 🙂

ElVino

Indeed it is. Great to see someone with the inventiveness and guile that smaller players bring to the game. Yes, there’s a place for the massive bruisers on the wing (North/Cuthbert etc), but I still have a great liking for the little wizards, a la Shane or Zebo.

The sad thing is that Zebo is supposedly (according to Munster team profile) 1.88 meters tall (over 6’2″) and weighs 94 kg, he only looks small because the rest of the players are monsters. Agree about the wizard bit some of his play on Sunday was magical.

jambalaya
    Free Member

PSA: There are RBS France v England tickets for sale on stadefrancais website, top price though at €135. Seems the sales for Racing v Toulouse haven’t been going well as tickets for this weekend are available at €7.50, match being played at the Stade.

anagallis_arvensis

12 weeks for Evans

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Remind me, how long did Horwill get for his stamp?

Oh. Erm.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

From the recently discovered Waterford Whispers News on Jamie Heaslip considering a move to France:

Following today’s announcement that Sean O’Brien is set to stay within the Leinster set up Irish fans have urged Jamie Heaslip to reject the repellent possibility of plying his trade in the sunny climes of southern France.

Heaslip, capped 60 times by Ireland, is reportedly weighing up a move to French rugby giants Toulon. Avid followers of Irish rugby have noted despite France having better weather, superior food, beautiful women and a history rich in culture there is no need for the No. 8 to consider a move abroad.

Ted Healy, head of the Leinster Supporters Group, has been very vocal on the rumours that many of Ireland’s most talented rugby players have been contemplating a move abroad.

“If you discount the 1,435 advantages to moving to France to play your rugby, what reason would you have to move?” offered an impassioned Healy.

😆

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Looks like he ignored the 1435 advantages!

duckman

I wonder if the attraction of playing in only the hiney and Irelands 6n campaign (which on last years evidence was over after week 2) which coupled with Ireland’s policy of giving anybody who plays past their sell by date finishes their career at home a large sack of money had anything to do with it. On a serious note, he will play fewer games, therfore being able to play longer and earn more money.

mrhoppy

Is anyone else doing the Telegraphy fantasy league?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Why are Sarries playing Natal Sharks today?
    Am i watching a re-run?
    They are scheduled to play Falcons tomorrow i believe.

anagallis_arvensis

AW signs for Ospreys!
    Warburton fit for Wales but not Blues non-shock.

anagallis_arvensis

**** **** Sam.

tinybits
    Free Member

That’s just the first. Bye bye Welsh club rugby

Pigface
    Free Member

WRU divide and conquer 🙁 Hovis what have you done?

anagallis_arvensis

anagallis_arvensis

Will he play for the blues again?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Must do! You surely can’t achieve the form needed to be an international without playing more than just internationals.

ElVino

Go Wolfhounds, I’m sure Freddie Burns is a decent player I have just never seen it.

anagallis_arvensis

Will the blues pick him. I have a feeling they might tell him to do one.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ireland A beat Saxons

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I am Scottish and am not embarrassed by that at all, he did it to most teams he played and for me he is the most exciting player i have ever seen and an unbelievable athlete. Sad he has had so many health issues. A proper rugby superstar.

duckman

Heh,not the first image that springs to mind when you think of Lomu trampling NH players. So AA: breadman signs a central contract,what were his options? Toulon had said they didn’t want him,was anybody else in for him? He has a reputation for being a bit easily broken. Finally,how does this strengthen the WRU position,have too many not already left for central contracts to be viable?

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.