Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

… or maybe the new lad we stole from Scarlets 

hope not, for your sake!

Frankers
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    … or maybe the new lad we stole from Scarlets
    hope not, for your sake!

Sorry?? Not sure what you mean 🙄

He looked pretty good to me in the LV cup game he played in against us

anagallis_arvensis

Sorry?? Not sure what you mean 

He’s not very good. Could develop into a decent player but you wouldnt want Williams playing ten in aviva matches.

Frankers
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Sorry?? Not sure what you mean
    He’s not very good. Could develop into a decent player but you wouldnt want Williams playing ten in aviva matches.

As long as his kicking is better than George Ford I’ll be happy, anyway lets see how he develops in the Tigers setup

anagallis_arvensis

not sure what Fords is like but Williams is best described as erratic.

wrecker
    Free Member

Has deadlydarcy found new employment?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23897527

Pigface
    Free Member

That tongue is somewhat familiar 😉

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Did Tuohy get cited? Did he lead with the elbow or try to smash his face?

wrecker
    Free Member

BOD retiring at the end of the season. I’m sure he’ll remian in Rugby in some way or another, he has too much to give and rugby will be richer for it.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/10285608/Brian-ODriscoll-announces-plans-to-retire-after-one-last-season-with-Leinster-and-Ireland.html

Pigface
    Free Member

Great result for the Dragons 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Ulster were very poor offered nothing apart from scrum and maul. Dregs did what they do a fought for everything. Nice to see Tovey playing well again.

gordimhor

Glasgow squeak it , ,horrible weather and Kellock injured but a win is a win.

anagallis_arvensis

Poor result from Scarlets. watching it now and amazed at final score given how well scarlets have started. I see Bath won. Did the man god get on?

colonelwax
    Free Member

Dragons game on Red button and couple of beers here in England, not quite the same as a warm up in the Riverside but I’m chuffed (and slightly amazed tbh) with a Newport win.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Oh yeah a_a, agree about Tovey.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I didn’t see the Ulster game but seems like we were very poor and Jackson still cannot kick even having all summer to practice.

Frankers
    Free Member

The press always create a headline to get you to read the story

He didn’t moan he only commented that 2 players were played that already had injuries, seeing as they are Leicester players he entitled to have his say…

Frankers
    Free Member

Watched the Bath Falcons game, I thought Newcastle played well but lacked speed to get over the line

Bath defence held well and took their chances, terrible weather but all became brighter when the orange beacon came to illuminate the field

muddydwarf
    Free Member

SAYULLL!!!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

😯 Christ Sale beat the farmers!

duckman

Grand, only 16 more points to ensure safety.

Scamper
    Free Member

Oh, bloody hell! Lost our first natch at home last season too, only one of two.

Tom, you out tomorrow or polishing your snow board?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Happy 8)

surfer
    Free Member

😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys win in Italy which isn’t easy 😀

My shedhead mate hasn’t replied to my txt asking what went wrong.

tinybits
    Free Member

All pretty much as expected apart from sale, very good win by northants, looking forward to tigers coming down to bath next weekend!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

First home game of the season against a Falcons team that got killed at home in the opening match. Either a fired up or dispirited team – knowing our luck…

surfer
    Free Member

Full match on the Aviva site now Muddydwarf

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cheers!

Pigface
    Free Member

Enjoy your dodgy tries 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Did you see the scarlets try? Video ref was asked to check final pass which was ok, but the ref failed to notice that McCusker dropped the ball short of the line!!

I see St Gav is playing for Bath A tonight, a half on the weekend and a start on Monday, that’s a years work for him in less than a week!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Did you see the scarlets try? Video ref was asked to check final pass which was ok, but the ref failed to notice that McCusker dropped the ball short of the line!!

Has it been giffed yet? 🙂

It was all looking rosy for the Scablets at that point, wasn’t it?

anagallis_arvensis

Scarlets played well first half, should have had a pen try when the fullback tried to remove Scott Williams head too. Second have was awful.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

End of the Heine Cup then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24038523

Find it all very frustrating as a fan. Personally i think the English clubs are using the qualification line as an excuse and it is simply all about the money.

I partly agree that there should not be automatic qualification for the HC for both Scotish and Italian teams and that it should be the top 8 Pro12 finishers for example. However in Italy and to a lesser extent Scotland they are trying to grow the game and top level European matches are an important part of that perhaps they should be given another 2 years of automatic qualification and then top 8 to HC bottom 4 to Amlin.

What value is there in a new tournament that does not have all nations represented and is missing either 3 or 5 of the last 8 winners?

I get the impression that there are a couple of pig headed idiots in charge on both sides that won’t yield power or influence and it will ultimately be the fans that suffer as usual.

Pigface
    Free Member

Its always about the money with the RFU they tried to strong arm the 6 nations a few years back.

Bunch of bastards

ijs445ra
    Free Member

To be fair to the RFU it is the clubs and Premier Rugby on this occasion, same applies though Bunch of b 🙂

Straightliner

What I would prefer with any new cup competition is to either make it winners of the group, or winners and runners up go through to the next stage. The current arrangement with winners and then the two highest scoring runners up (across all groups) is madness within the structure of a professional sport tournament as it’s completely open to having one of the weak teams in the group and sticking a load of points on them home and away.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Agree Straightliner, plus at present some of the other non qualifiers can drop to the Amlin i dont think that is right either.

4 leagues of 5 play each other H and A winner and RU of each go through, simples.

The current seeding system using the past 8 years performances is a joke as well and has resulted in what appear very uneven groups.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales shot themselves in the foot by not going for an anglo welsh league whenever it was that Cardiff had the rebel season.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.