Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

It is the marler tackle indeed, I suppose he has to be good at something his tackling is awful. Same site has the game highlights with the try. Paper was raving about it but it wasnt that great, simple missed tackle and then a run in.

duckman

Did you see the latest twist in the welsh/English/hiney cup AA? It would appear that we are going to sack the Italians and the EPL teams are joining the rabo…

anagallis_arvensis

Lots of rumour and counter rumour. A british league would be a good idea, if the Italians can join the french all would be good…I very much doubt anything much is going to change though.

duckman

I have only had BT rugby for last two weeks,when did Salaries start with this running game caper? And Waldrom is really letting himself go the year.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Well that link above seems like confirmation that the Cipriani ship has sailed for good then re England. So Farrell Ford Burns Myler are the four 10’s that we’ll be picking from. Sweet jebus.

Steenson has been better than alm of them this season-shame he’s too old.

wrecker
    Free Member

Same age as myler tom. The cupboard really is bare at FH for England.
    Is slade in the Saxons squad?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cirpiani deselected himself years ago, his time in Australia wasn’t so successful and he’s only just back and beginning to play well so in my mind he’s not a candidate.

Lancaster is making a mistake if not selecting Flood but they persisted with Farrell when he was playing poorly so perhaps it’s really Flood who’s making the call.

anagallis_arvensis

Why was Flood at 12 yesterday, hope it isnt becaise Williams is better!

tinybits
    Free Member

Leicester have no fit inside centres, so flood who’s played a fair bit in that position (at Falcons with Wilkinson at FH) and even for England, so he moved there. He wasn’t kicking as he’s carrying an injury that hurts like hell every time he swings, but is carrying on playing as the cupboard is really bare at Tigers with Alan not being quite fit and Bowden with a fractured cheek / eye socket and Heptima (SP) also out.
    I suppose they could have played lamb, but even Leicester aren’t that desperate!

I think Flood has had a long talk with Lancaster, asked if he’s in the running to be fly half and was told yes, behind Farrell and alongside Burns. With that he’s gone, right’o, bye bye, I’m off to France for some money while I can, as I want to play international rugby, but if I’m that far behind, I may as well get some money in. So now he’s out of England reckoning for good.

Scamper
    Free Member

Despite the shambles of a season looks like Glaws home match against Munster is sold out. Last time they visited queues were forming in the early hours that tickets went on general sale.

duckman

Scrum rule change from now, ref will no longer give 9 verbal instruction to feed,but will instead use a pre-arranged signal. Hope that involves a cattle prod when Care is playing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Despite the shambles of a season looks like Glaws home match against Munster is sold out. Last time they visited queues were forming in the early hours that tickets went on general sale.

I’ll be there. 😀

tinybits
    Free Member

That makes a lot of sense duckman, to be fair you’d have thought that it’d have been standard from the off!

boxfish
    Free Member
    Scamper
    Free Member

Where you sitting/standing DD?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was going hospitality courtesy of a mate Scamper but had to change plans today so can’t make it now. I was there the last time we played and was hoping for a better result this time. Arse! 😡

Scamper
    Free Member

The only time I’ve got anywhere near hospitality was using the grounds baby changing facilities, the only ones which I could find we’re up with the prawn sandwiches under lock and key 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Byrne and Brew playing for the Dregs next season!

anagallis_arvensis

England Six Nations training squad (35):
    Forwards:
    Props: Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Matt Mullan (London Wasps), Henry Thomas (Sale Sharks), Mako Vunipola (Saracens). Hookers: Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Rob Webber (Bath Rugby), Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers). Locks: David Attwood (Bath Rugby), Joe Launchbury (London Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Ed Slater (Leicester Tigers). Back-rows: Tom Johnson (Exeter Chiefs), Matt Kvesic (Gloucester Rugby), Ben Morgan (Gloucester Rugby), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Tom Wood (Northampton Saints).
    Backs:
    Back three: Chris Ashton (Saracens), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Alex Goode (Saracens), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby). Centres: Brad Barritt (Saracens), Luther Burrell (Northampton Saints), Kyle Eastmond (Bath Rugby), Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby). Fly-halves: Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Bath Rugby), Stephen Myler (Northampton Saints). Scrum-halves: Danny Care (Harlequins), Lee Dickson (Northampton Saints), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

better hope Farrell doesnt get broken.

boxfish
    Free Member

36 can cover 10?

anagallis_arvensis

Mowen has walked out on Aus to go to France too.

anagallis_arvensis

I would be very happy to see Ford, Myler or 36 play ten versus Wales.

boxfish
    Free Member

Money talks these days. Hardly surprising given the attrition rate due to injury. Careers can be very short so it makes sense to rinse the French clubs for a few Euros whilst your knees and shoulders still work.

boxfish
    Free Member

To be fair, and I say this as a Welshman, Wales don’t exactly have a glut of talent at fly-half either.

anagallis_arvensis

Vunipola
    hartley
    cole
    launchbury
    lawes
    wood
    vunipola
    robshaw
    Care
    Farrel
    ?
    Barritt
    Burrell/36
    Ashton
    Brown

excellent pack very very average backs.

anagallis_arvensis

To be fair, and I say this as a Welshman, Wales don’t exactly have a glut of talent at fly-half either.

true but I’d take Biggar, Priestland or Hook over any of those 3.

boxfish
    Free Member

True, but lose Adam, Alun Wynn and Toby through injury and…

I would like to see Eastmond and Watson play together for England. They have been playing well for Barf.

anagallis_arvensis

At least the potential replacements will have some international experience. Those england backs are very raw.
    Has Eastmond being playing well? one week I heard he played 12 outside Ford and didnt get a pass all game and then the next week he **** off home at half time.

boxfish
    Free Member

😀

When I’ve seen him playing the outside channels, he has linked very well with Watson. You’re right though, it’s a very young, inexperienced set of replacement backs in that England squad.

anagallis_arvensis

:Forwards: Thomas Domingo (Clermont), Yannick Forestier (Castres), Benjamin Kayser (Clermont), Dimitri Szarzewski (Racing-Métro), Nicolas Mas (Montpellier), Rabah Slimani (Stade Français), Alexandre Flanquart (Stade Français), Yoann Maestri (Toulouse), Pascal Papé (Stade Français), Sébastien Vahaamahina (Perpignan), Thierry Dusautoir (Toulouse, capt), Bernard Le Roux (Racing-Métro), Yannick Nyanga (Toulouse), Damien Chouly (Clermont), Louis Picamoles (Toulouse).

Backs: Jean-Marc Doussain (Toulouse), Maxime Machenaud (Racing-Métro), Jules Plisson (Stade Français), Rémi Talès (Castres), Mathieu Bastareaud (Toulon), Gaël Fickou (Toulouse), Wesley Fofana (Clermont), Maxime Mermoz (Toulon), Sofiane Guitoune (Perpignan), Yoann Huget (Toulouse), Maxime Médard (Toulouse), Geoffrey Palis (Castres), Hugo Bonneval (Stade Français), Brice Dulin (Castres).

how they dont win every year is beyond me

boxfish
    Free Member

Well, they often do well after a Lions tour so maybe this year…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa you go far in the RWC controlling the game upfront and kicking your goals, October / November tournament in 2015. It’s nearly 2 years to the start so time for development and change of form for better or worse.

I saw the Mowen news, he’s 29 so not a surprise. The young NZ wing Guilford is going to Top 14 too, he hasn’t played for NZ since 2012 so understandable

Fofana has been outstanding, looking forward to seeing him in the 6N, going to be a tough match for England away to France first up.

anagallis_arvensis

I think the current. Aus captain leaving is a suprise.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

France have not selected Freddie M or Trin-duhc so they must be in with a better chance this year

anagallis_arvensis
    anagallis_arvensis

Barclay playing well, has he pissed on his chips as far as scotland is concerned?
    Lydiate shockingly bad

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ulster win, but no BP! 😯 Massive game at Welford Road against Leicester now for home advantage in the QFs, given that Leicester give Benetton Treviso a battering tomorrow, which is fairly likely.

(BM, even if there was money on it, I’d be hoping Ulster do the job 🙂 )

jambalaya
    Free Member

ijs445ra – Member 
    France have not selected Freddie M or Trin-duhc so they must be in with a better chance this year

Michelak has been saying he wants to play at 10 for Toulon but he’s having a terrible season. I saw him play there for Toulon against Stade Francais and he was truely appalling, a big factor in their 29-0 loss. Trin-duhc has never had the confidence of the various national coaches, I do wonder why he didn’t take a chance in RWC 2011 with a drop goal – national hero if he scores and if he misses it makes no difference to how people see him.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa Gatland didn’t take any Welsh 10’s on the Lions Tour so even your national coach doesn’t agree with you.

PS in fairness perhaps the selectors told him he had to take a few non-welsh on the tour

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.