Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

This can’t be real!!

tiggs121
    Free Member

Next team to score a try wins it I reckon. Fantastic intensity.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Anyone think Kearney is up for this !!!???

Relax DD and enjoy!!!

Opps needs an edit.

Stress out DD!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

5 in it…….

anagallis_arvensis

Nasty elbow by B Barrett.

wrecker
    Free Member

Replay shows shoulder. Poor form from Healy.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yellow card SHIRLEY!!!!!!!

🙂

anagallis_arvensis

True it looked worse in real time.

**** I’m tense.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

****. 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

I thought exactly the same originally. Don’t think Healy would have passed the concussion test. Good work by the Ireland management taking him off.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Best knock on of the year

dabble
    Free Member

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!

anagallis_arvensis

I am broken. Put DD on suicide watch.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

**** it.

Murray…you had to bloody kick it. 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

That ain’t forward.

dabble
    Free Member

Brilliant passage of play by NZ.

duckman

Arse!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Miserable.

We threw one away in New Zealand last year too. FFS. Every **** time.

anagallis_arvensis

That sucks

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bollocks.

MURRAY!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sport is so cruel!!!

Bad luck DD – feel for you. Brilliant rugby match. What is it with the AB?!!!!!

Incredible

wrecker
    Free Member

If only sexton didn’t miss that pen…….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

We can’t find our jumpers and your 9 kicks. Aaaargh! Two opportunities in two weeks.

tiggs121
    Free Member

It wasn’t even e good kick. Stupid from Murray who had a great game until then.

Best game I’ve seen for years

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sexton penalty and Murray’s kick with a minute to go. To be fair, I don’t know how somebody can kick (a penalty) under that kind of pressure. O’Gara would have scored though. 😆

The groan from the crowd when Murray kicked it said it all.

****edy ****edy ****.

wrecker
    Free Member

Sheesh. Aus vs Fiji rugby league. What a thrashing.

DanW
    Free Member

Absolutely amazing game! I have no strong feelings either way towards either team but I was tense the whole way through cheering Ireland on. How do NZ do virtually nothing of any note all game, get dominated by and awesome pack in the loose,miss lots of kicks…. and still win? 😯

I like the way NO is reffing this. Common sense and keeping his whistle in his pocket on the niggling debatable points (a few accidental offsides, knock on/sidewards etc) makes it much better to watch.

Completely agree. He encouraged the attacking team to run the points in rather than rely on penalties. Another thing he did differently was to call advantage over quite quickly, even after small gains by the attacking side which kept the game flowing. Communicated well with everyone on the pitch and used the TMO properly when needs be. Not sure on the last kick but either way Ireland sadly wouln’d have won.

The crowd also made the game- must have been awesome to be there*

*until 80+ minutes

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When Sexton missed the penalty, I had written “We will lose by two” and told myself not to be such a pessimist. 🙁

And I’ve really really hurt my instep when I kicked the **** footstool. It’s frame is made of timber. My puny bones were no match for it. 😆

anagallis_arvensis

What you have to admire about the all blacks is that when 20 points down they just carried on playing high risk, high skill rugby.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Very true a_a. Conor Murray thought the same thing when leading the ABs by five with 30 seconds to go. 😆

BruceWee

Well, if I learned one thing from this game it’s that if you’re going to charge early then ignore the ref and kick the ball away. Stopping just gives him two goes at it.

anagallis_arvensis

Was daft.they went early on the one before too.

DezB
    Free Member

What you have to admire about the all blacks is that when 20 points down they just carried on playing high risk, high skill rugby.

Indeed, it was amazing, from that penalty the ball went through forwards and backs hands, no mistakes, just forward to the tryline. Barrett proved he is the successor to Carter too.
    Gutted for Ireland !

Albanach
    Free Member

Great game and that last passage of play was outstanding. I agree about the ref comments but the TMO should not have awarded the first Irish try…

dannyh
    Free Member

Well, that’s a new one for me. I actually feel sorry for the Irish rugby team! Some stellar stuff from some players who I thought were seriously on the wane. Darcy was very astute and brave. Heaslip, who I often accuse of ‘going missing’ in crunch games, was superb. Hard luck Ireland.

vondally
    Free Member

Nigel Owens great referee, astute, honest and apologised for his mistake, great communincation made the game flow.

Irish outstanding reminded me of 91 world cup vs Aussies.

All Blacks well done. hung in there, great game of rugby.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Best game of the AI by some distance. You have to admire NZ for winning the game when they really shouldn’t have. And the Irish for turning in a massive performance after last weeks debacle. Hoping that Wales smash Australia next week.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Hats off to them, that was a phenomenal Irish performance, but that last passage of All Black play was just un—-believable…..no prizes for guessing my bias. Had to massively contain the yelling at the TV as was holding my 6 day old son, and had accidentally scared the bejesus out him during the last few seconds of yesterdays Kiwi Eng league semifinal! What a weekend for NZ sport…..just not good for the blood pressure!

anagallis_arvensis

Latest transfer news is that Bradley Davis is off to Wasps and Ian Evans to Toulon. Welsh rugby will be dead by the end of next season.

Unavailable for next weeks game; Hook, Charteris and James. Not sure about North.
    Cuthbert may be avaiable.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

a_a, on an unrelated matter, Sky Arts channel’s Portrait Artist of the Year is in Wales for next week’s show (already recorded I suppose). One of the three subjects the artists are painting is…guess who 🙂 It’s either a heads up for you, or a chance for everyone to see you loitering around as part of the audience.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.