Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • DanW
    Free Member

Scotland are well in the game- would be great to see them keep their recent record against Aus!

I thought a punch to the head/ face was a red but these don’t seem to be given lately 😕

Scots look better with Weir at 10 IMO but he isn’t getting a lot of support in the back line- I guess this is mainly due to Aus running them ragged so far.

I think that the Aus 4’s frustration comes from the 37th minute when one of the Scottish players rucked him in the face. If anyone saw it the Scot could be in trouble in future weeks…

anagallis_arvensis

When Wales lose to these Crims I’ll be really disappointed again!

dandax1990
    Free Member

Watching the Scotland vs Australia game is so boring after watching the England vs Kiwi game.

Feel bad for big George but as a team, they played their socks off and deserved the win.

I take it this ‘Rugby’ thread is mainly Union?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Scrappy game France v Boks, gifted them a 10 point head start. France never reached the level they did against NZ but I think they’ll be a force in the 6N. Still need to sort out their 9 and 10. Para had a bit of a nightmare and oddly Michelak didn’t come on until 75 mins. Wesley Fofana is some player.

anagallis_arvensis

Its odd that Michilak is anywhere near the squad imo

tiggs121
    Free Member

I wish he was Scottish – we have no number 10s who are good enough at this level!

anagallis_arvensis

If you had Michilak you still wouldn’t!! Shame about McShingler not being welsh.
    Any hopefully Irish fans in the house?
    Could this be BODS last game?

anagallis_arvensis

Try!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great start and nice to see some BOD magic still as I feared he was a little past it. Glad to be proved wrong so far, true what they say about class!

AA I was expecting a comment on what is the point of the video ref with the knock on!

I got picked o a few pages ago in the Aussie spear tackle but yet again this weekend there has been plenty of “interpretation” of the rules!

allthepies
    Free Member

😯

anagallis_arvensis

And another…. **** hell ireland are murdering them!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great stuff Ireland!! Brillian unexpected fun!!!

RichPenny
    Free Member

WOW!!!

anagallis_arvensis

AA I was expecting a comment on what is the point of the video ref with the knock on!

video ref got to say what he thought. Its when refs dont let them speak it annoys me. It never left his grasp so good shout imo.

dannyh
    Free Member

Expect NZ to get a bit nasty around the breakdown from now on. Tried and tested methodology! Also watch for lazy running when on the defensive.

allthepies
    Free Member

😯 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bejesus!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

I have never seen anything like this in my life!

DezB
    Free Member

how good is this??!!

DezB
    Free Member

Never in your wildest, Guinness fueled dreams! 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Kearney really looks back to form even before that.

Incredible start – c’mon Ireland keep it going!

csb

What a pass by that long haired Kiwi. This is cracking.

anagallis_arvensis

Arse

csb

Ref-cam!?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I like the way NO is reffing this. Common sense and keeping his whistle in his pocket on the niggling debatable points (a few accidental offsides, knock on/sidewards etc) maks it much better to watch.

Love to see the classic names of BOD, Bowe, Darcy and Kearney playing so well. Ireland on a roll are a joy to watch. Looking good for a close and competitive 6N.

anagallis_arvensis

Nigel Owens is a great ref. Lets the game flow.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think this is the finest 40 minutes of rugby I’ve seen Ireland play since the first half against Wales in the 6N. Actually, no, it’s much better than that even.

I’m just really worried about the 2nd half now. 😳

Awesome stuff though.

duckman

How intense re the Irish? If this continues it could be very confusing for Mrs Darcy. ” gosh honey; is it Xmas already?”

Best half this autumn, did you see them screaming at one another at half time? We will see if the AB’s are the best in the world,they will have to be to come back from that.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Heard that NZ were 33-1 on this morning….

tiggs121
    Free Member

Why do I still think NZ will sneak this?

And ..yes BODs last I game. Hope he finally beats the All Blacks.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can’t watch.
    No, I can.
    No, I can’t.
    Yes, I can.
    Maybe..
    No…I can’t.
    I am.

dabble
    Free Member

He’s not even over the line!

anagallis_arvensis

Moore agrees with me, I feel dirty.

wrecker
    Free Member

The kiwis are NOT going to be happy. If they lose, expect Owens to be vilified regardless of performance.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Got that one right 😉 phew

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Think I can live with three points after that period.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

First the RL yesterday and now this. Please let’s have one victory!

BOD really put his body on the line but a bit of a Wilko tackle there

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s been a while since I’ve seen the All Blacks losing so many first contacts. Ireland seem to be standing them up in the tackle, whilst they are cutting the New Zealanders down on the spot.

Great to see a ‘Roy of the rovers’ turning of form on its head from Ireland, though.

dabble
    Free Member

Ireland are ferocious! They really want that ball back when they lose it. Brilliant to watch.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fleck it…the penalties are starting.

Some cynical stuff coming in from NZ but hey, it’s not like an opposition is going to be surprised by it. If we get a yellow card, we could be in all kinds of trouble. NO is doing a great job so far I think.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.