Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

Lineout wasnt too bad was it? Considering how good the SA lineout is. Warburton was excellent as was Faletau, Lydiate quiet

peteimpreza

Is the France vs New Zealand game being streamed anywhere?

sputnik
    Free Member

France New Zeeland availale on wiziwig < cracking game btw
    http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-2-live-stream-2.php

AA I know , neither team were favoured by the ref, I don’t think RUGBY was favoured by the git.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@peteimprezza – yes it’s on the normal “wyz”-ie site as its on SKY-2. I’m watching on France-2 terestial as in France. Good game, 9-9 and France camped in NZ 22 for long periods. Very impressed by them so far.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good match (W v SA). On balance better team one, but Wales played well. Shame about injuries especially JD who had made those two breaks. Hibbard was good as was Warburton.

The most annoying things about the ref was be sounded like a French Loius Walsh. But I thought he was ok and consistent as the commentators said. Good for him for sending the props off as most refs would have bottled it esp as the bokka had only just come on.

Not sue about the news scrum laws though. And so much feeding and foot up. Still an inconsistent farce IMO.

Watched 30m of England before supper! Left it at that, amazed that England hit some balls at pace!!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

When are the offside rules actually going to applied from a kick in open play. Forget the bokka try, just watched Nonu 5m offside and nobody even comments.

anagallis_arvensis

How can it have been god to send both props off? Especially when that happening massively favoured the decimated wales scrum… He’s an arse, I also thought he changed the way he whistled the breakdown towards the end of the game. He was much less quick to ping the ball carrier. His interpretation of the breakdown kills the game.

wiggles
    Free Member

Wales did a decent job considering the injuries etc. We just didn’t manage to finish off the try scoring opportunities, would have been good to see what JD could have done if he had stayed on.

South Africa were the better side in the end so deserved to win but didn’t have it all their own way.

Oh and Rolland is a ****ing frog ****Ing

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Great ABlack try, what an offload!

sputnik
    Free Member

Beautiful move of the ball and good finish by Dulin.

anagallis_arvensis

Davies needs boob surgery, could miss six nations! Bollocks. Adam to miss at least next game. Williams should be ok.

Pigface
    Free Member

JJ Williams was such a great player but he makes me want to rip out my own teeth. Shut up JJ.

Pigface
    Free Member

Lancaster talks as much crap as JJ 🙄

anagallis_arvensis

Quick question for Duckman our resident law expert. 58 min SA players report foul play to the ref. No touch judge or video ref involved, SA players even give number to the ref who relays the info upstairs…..is that within the rules. Saw our nige ref a match the other day and the players tried to do the same thing Nige told them to do one saying its him or the touch judges who report to go upstairs. Then the obvious offside for the try is not checked, fair enough we all make mistakes, but should the welsh players have been screaming for offsude? Then on 72 mins video ref asks Rolland if he wants him to check for foul play (Louw stamping on AW Louw had already got a yellow and to be fair it easnt much of a stamp but thats not my point). Rolland says I cant hear you, Video ref repeats it, Rolland says I cant hear you, time on and carries on. Two things should the video ref interupt and second should Rolland have cleaned his **** ears out and made an effort?

DanW
    Free Member

Not sure what duckman will say is the official case but it seems the decision is ultimately with the referee although putting forward suggestions seems to be open to anyone.

The increased use of the video ref for foul play and more phases towards scoring actually seems to make players appeal more as they know the ref is entitled (although not obliged) to check more stuff nowadays. There does seem to be many more players appealing to the ref.

JDV actually uses this very well and has consistently captained in this way, having a word to the refs every now and again saying could you please check this that or the other.

I think though at the end of the day it is up to the ref what he want to do with the information. What seems to be happening is the refs now can look at the big screen when replays are put up so they make the judgement for themselves pretty much regardless of the video refs opinion a la kiwi thug block where the ref didn’t let the video ref finish and had already made his own mind up.

anagallis_arvensis

Seems crazy that he would listen to players but not the video ref, just one of many things he got very wrong imo.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Maybe he trusted the South Africans more?

I like the idea of the players giving the ref a hand. PO’C and BO’D have always been happy to point stuff out that the ref might be missing. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Must be an irish thing then… Tossers 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😛

anagallis_arvensis

Ashtons try at about 35mins here…. He’s in touch by miles surely. Another video ref not consulted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVNsthFyVQ

tinybits
    Free Member

But I do understand that one, how on earth does a player travel that far across the touch area, unopposed and ‘forget’ to dot the ball down until his momentum carries him across into touch.

Hopefully (although I base this on helpless optimism, and certainly not the almost certain reality) we won’t see him in a white shirt again for quite some time!

Tom-B
    Free Member

No way, you’re still here a_a. I thought that you may have been smacked with the ban hammer. Sobered up?

duckman

Strickly speaking the only way that a team can get video evidence used is by citing it afterwards. Nigel had it right and if you start listening to everything a skipper wants to say to you, you will have a splitting headache by the end of the game.I am all for taking a look after a try as that is game changing,and you see it used a lot more as far back as they are allowed,but where do we stop? “Squint feed Sir,could you take a look?”
    The rabo game I ran touch at,both skippers kept an almost constant running commentary of the various injustices being visited on their side,with wide players using the touch judge the same way.

IdleJon

Frankers – Member

Just got back from Welford Road, thought we were gonna get stuffed as all the the development lads were playing, not sure who Ospreys ran out but they looked pretty poor. Ospreys complete bench was used up, hopefully no long term injuries.

Your ‘development lads’ included Shuter, Waldrom, Stankovic. The Ospreys development side included a few 16 year olds and that bloke who used to play for Aberavon. Or something like that. 😉

IdleJon

It’s such a pity that Priestland was playing 10 for Wales. He hadn’t got a clue on either how to control the game or how to create attacks. And Hook showed his normal infuriating ability of making 3 yards spinning in attack and then giving the ball directly to the opposition. We’ll never know but would Wales have won if Biggar had been controlling the game? I have a feeling they would have. Btw Beck played well I thought. A good start for him.

teamhurtmore – Member
    The most annoying things about the ref was be sounded like a French Loius Walsh.

He hasn’t got a French accent at all. 😕

deadlydarcy – Member

I like the idea of the players giving the ref a hand. PO’C and BO’D have always been happy to point stuff out that the ref might be missing.

To the extent that it’s amazing that they actually have time to play a game of rugby in among the chatting, whinging, whining and complaining. 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

He hadn’t got a clue on either how to control the game or how to create attacks.

Welcome to our world. Sounds like you’ve described Owen Farrell.
    Seems like OF has two options open to him at any time; pass it to the fattest forward or hoof it into the sky. He seems to select whichever based on a chaos theory approach.

Felt for Biggar though, he’s the better 10 of him and Priestland and hasn’t done a lot wrong.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He hasn’t got a French accent at all.

Tru dat. Wasn’t sure thm was watching the same ref tbh. He sounds as Irish as they come. The only time you hear him speak French is when he’s reffing them. I hadn’t had him down as a poor ref previously to be fair, but he was poor on Saturday for sure. But to both sides. SA were clearly the more clinical side on the day.

And welsh fans whinging about a refereeing error that led to a try? Cry me a river. 🙁

IdleJon

wrecker – Member

Felt for Biggar though, he’s the better 10 of him and Priestland and hasn’t done a lot wrong.

In the world of Welsh rugby, what he’s done wrong is not playing for the Scarlets. If he did, he would be hailed as the new messiah, the greatest player since, well, since the last greatest player in the world to spring from the only team to ever beat the All Blacks. (Don’t mention all the other club teams who beat the ABs, they’re not worthy..) 🙄

I agree about Farrell – a very over-rated player.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

he was poor on Saturday for sure. But to both sides. SA were clearly the more clinical side on the day.

Spot on, DD. I did pick up on the feeding in to the scrum, as it was far more obvious when SA were doing it. As Moore said, enforce the rules as they are, and in the case of the feed, as they have been for ages! Crooked feed? Free kick. Repeated offence? Penalty. Then? 9 goes off for 10.

Anything to get gobby little scrum halves off the pitch! 😈

anagallis_arvensis

Sobered up?

dont drink

Tom-B
    Free Member

Oh dear!

What do we think the answer to Englands midfield problems are then?

Has Cipriani’s chance gone? Would Farrell work at 12 with Manu at 13? Sam Tomkins doesn’t look up to scratch for me…I think he’s going to get a pasting by the AB’s!

wrecker
    Free Member

What do we think the answer to Englands midfield problems are then?

That’s the $1m question.
    At 10, the cupboard seems bare. Flood is steady but conservative, Farrell is well drilled but lacks understanding and flair, Burns is suffering due to Glaws being quite poor at present. Celebriani had his chance. Ford has been shite for b***.
    The form 10s in the prem are Myler and Steenson, but they’re both 30-odd.
    12 is/should be Burrell on current form. Tomkins has showed better than 12T so far, but 13 is Tuilagis shirt.
    Youngs isn’t cutting it at 9 for me either.

anagallis_arvensis

The English tens are a problem I have watched Ford a bit and whilst he shows promise he hardly ever seems to pass, I think this is any area where the conservative game plans in the competitive aviva hold englan back compared to the rabo

toys19
    Free Member

AA, I’m convinced Ashtons try was in no way a try either, I noticed that the ref hardly referred to the video ref, if at all? Obviously England profit in that instance, but my one eyed ness aside, I actually thought it was better for the game. Of the 4 games I watched (Wales, Ireland, Eng and Eng womens) I thought the ref in the Eng game allowed the game to flow much better..

Rolland was an absolute plonker in the Wales game.

Tom-B
    Free Member

My problem with Ford is that his goal kicking is awful. …as in really really awful.

The scrum half situation needs sorting too….way too much inconsistency with the selection there. Care seems to be the least favoured of the three, but Dickson is the least assured at international level.

Reckon the potty mouth kiwi biter will keep his place against the AB’s?

wrecker
    Free Member

Reckon the potty mouth kiwi biter will keep his place against the AB’s?

He deserves to. He may be a dick, but he’s a fine rugby player (when he manages to stay on the field). Could be interesting if he packs down opposite Hore……..

tinybits
    Free Member

As far as flyhalfs who can control a game and that qualify for England, it’s got to be Flood, at least he stands fairly flat and tries to get a backline moving. Burns, to untested, and Gloucester are pap this year, Ford, just awful other than decent tactical awareness (as long as kicking’s involved)and the odd break. Farrell, decent place kick and defensively OK. Pretty poor showing really!
    Inside centre we have no good flair players, and very few proper bosh ones either, so it’s be Anthony Allen for me, because as least you know the teams going to be hard to break down defensively, and he does have a knack of getting Tullagi into space, who you just have to have in the team, as he’s one of the very few genuine x factor players who play for England. He may not know how to pass very well, and doesn’t kick, but you know if he gets the ball, there will be 3 opposition players trying to stop him, and often they cant…
    However, they are both injured, as is Barrett, so we’ll just have crap at centre instead.
    And I’ll bet a pint that **** ashton is on the wing with a full back on the other….

wrecker
    Free Member

You a tigers fan by any chance tinybits? 🙂

duckman

Banahan scored on Friday….. 8)

tinybits
    Free Member

I fully admit to being so, however I can’t actually see a better option. Floods not brilliant, but the best of a bad bunch, Allen is consistently better than Barrett at club level given they play a very similar game and Tuilagi is a wrecking ball, and would be my choice every time (although I was a fan of his brothers as well) plus he’s got my respect for all time by punching Ashton!
    I wish I could spot a Will Greenwood / Mike Catt type centre, but sadly we don’t have one!

Oh, and Duckman, quiet please.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.