Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • boxfish
    Free Member

Are you talking about nicky robinson. He’s a lot of things but solid aint one, blows.very hot and cold.

OK, I’ll settle for lukewarm instead. Or tepid. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

He may have become more consistent since he left wales I suppose. Better signing for Bristol than Henson is for Bath thats for sure!

wrecker
    Free Member

Noticed that gav isn’t on the team sheet for the Newcastle friendly. Neither is fearns…….

anagallis_arvensis

I expect Gav will play some part in the Dregs and Ospreys game to drum up some interest. Either that or he’s injured again!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa Lydiate was on French TV last night featured as ome of Racing Metros big signings.

anagallis_arvensis

Lydiate is an immense player. Wales frontline 22 is very strong, any injuries and were screwed though as usual

1/2p
    Cuthbert
    Davies
    Roberts
    North
    Priestland
    Phillips
    Gethin
    Hibbard
    Adam
    AW Jones
    Evans
    Lydiate
    Warburton
    Faletau

Hook
    Scott Williams
    Lloyd Williams
    Ryan Jones/Tipuric
    Bradley Davies
    Paul James
    Owens
    Mitchel/Andrews

duckman

6N Wales
    Beer cup C/A
    Prem; Salaries to win over the season and then lose final to Tigers.
    Rabo; Leinster.

As for my homeland;Scotland 5th in 6N in annual race to bottom with Italy,hopefully with another backs-to-the-wall win over another home nation to relieve the horrendous suffering and longing for the return of the amateur game that being a Scottish rugby supporter features. Edinburgh to flatter to decieve as they did two seasons ago. Meanwhile Glasgow will continue to provide a return for the money spent/develop players and stil be sucking hind tit to Embra. Still; at least I can enjoy the knock out stages of the Hiney as a neutral 😀

Tom-B
    Free Member

Too early for lions 2017 picks? 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Too early for lions 2017 picks arguments?

😉

onehundredthidiot

Chris Deans as back up centre for the 2017 Lions

Tom-B
    Free Member

Interesting stuff a_a. Tons of people on here you and I included have been going on about the head injuries for ages….I get the feeling much more stringent regulations regarding them will be implemented sooner rather than later.

Stoner
    Free Member

Am looking forward to this season. I’m coaching the U7 tag rugby squad at Ledbury RFC. Ive been “playing” touch rugby all summer. A mate who has just retired from playing for Worcester Warriors is going to carry on there in corporate ticket sales so I should still be able to get hold of keenly priced tickets for Stoner Jr and I on Friday nights.

If you’ve never been, it’s a great ground, with a pub in one corner 🙂

What do we think of BT Sport? I get it for free now and can watch it on my computer. They’re showing the whole Aviva PL. Might watch a few more games this season.

boxfish
    Free Member

My missus works for BT….free rugby on-line for me then 8)

duckman

I think it will work for BT,We are moving into a new house and the rugby is the clincher in putting up with their awful customer services.

wrecker
    Free Member

I think it will work for BT,We are moving into a new house and the rugby is the clincher in putting up with their awful customer services.

Exactly the same here. Bye bye virgin!

duckman

However;over on Sky….Oz v NZ Saffers v Argentina and the ITM cup on Sat, I predict the Aussies for the Championship, played three tests this Summer already that will have been a bit harder than France or Scotland.

duckman

However;over on Sky….Oz v NZ Saffers v Argentina and the ITM cup on Sat, I predict the Aussies for the Championship, played three tests this Summer already that will have been a bit harder than France or Scotland.

Pigface
    Free Member

Carter out

South Africa to introduce racial quotas for their second tier teams.

AA What to do about Gethin, is this going to be his last season? He is so fragile these days.

anagallis_arvensis

At least if he plays for the Blues he’ll be looked after, who knows though. He is one of the all time greats for wales though. At his best he was amongst the very very best.

tinybits
    Free Member

Six nations – genuinely don’t know. Have a feeling that Wales won’t do it again, but can’t see one of the other sides winning it either!
    Prem – Saracens beat Harlequins in the final (and that hurts to say as a Tigers Fan!)
    HC – Clermont
    Rabo – no one cares, not even the players in the matches….

Looking forward to the season, starting with the Bath Bristol warm up game at the rec on Saturday!

Pigface
    Free Member

no one cares, not even the players in the matches…. 🙄

duckman

South Africa to introduce racial quotas for their second tier teams.

That didn’t really work when they introduced that with their choice of head coach.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes but I think the job spec included the phrase “deluded lunatic” he was a shoe in.

tinybits
    Free Member

Excellent, my first wound up welsh fan of the season!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Rabo – no one cares, not even the players in the matches….

Thats true, we keep the best players in the squads to do well in Europe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgPZRW_q4d8

I’m really looking forward to this season. Hoping Schmidt will bring some of the Leinster style to the Ireland team and a top three finish in the 6N would be realistic.

Ulster have a very settled squad and if we have better luck with injuries this season then we will do very well in the Rabo and Heine.

duckman

Anybody got a link to anything on the comings and goings in the rabo/prem/french leagues?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Interesting point about the rabo….I have no idea who won last season even though I caught quite a few games (more than 50% of which were dire!)

How many pages before a_a has an arguement? I’m going for page 5 🙂

Edit: here you go duck man….all the major stuff from the beer cup teams.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/heinekencup/news/player_transfers.php

anagallis_arvensis

How many pages before a_a has an arguement? I’m going for page 5 

depends how long it takes for he who rhymes with spokes to turn up!

Pigface
    Free Member

Now be fair AA it wasnt just the Adelaide bagpipes you argued with 😆

anagallis_arvensis
    anagallis_arvensis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23712031

should add 6 weeks for being ****. Maybe the should consider having a coach who doesnt act like a spoilt child.

duckman

Seems strange that their chief exec is taking umbrage over the process in the hearing. I can’t help but think he should put his own house in order first. Cockeril lost the plot totally,if you did that on a Sat night you would wake up in the cells*

* Well obviously not in Dundee where I grew up; that sort of agressive posturing/shouting is known as “foreplay”

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Montpellier v Toulon is on BT sport at present, did not realise they had the top14…wife is going to love that 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

So what else is on bt sport? Moving house soon so could get it.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

On BT sport

Prem rugby
    Top 14
    Motogp from 2014
    Wta tennis
    Lot of football by the look of it
    Aussie rules

Get espn and some sort of redbull thing not sure if that will include mtb or not.

May be more, top14 is not mentioned anywhere except the on screen guide.

Oh and they are main shirt sponsors of Edinburgh and Glasgow i believe partly because Sky refused to sell them advertising space during HC, not sure they picked the best teams to get good value.

anagallis_arvensis

Thanks. Havent sky got the cider league too or is that still going to be avaiable on ted button?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Think Sky have it from next year still on red button etc this year

jambalaya
    Free Member

Glad to see the ban, Cockerill and Leicester need to understand you cannot behave like that. All rather bizarre as it was a comfortable win for Leicester so what to get so wound up about ?

anagallis_arvensis

http://www.btsportshd.com/skysports4.php

(don’t download anything)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.