Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Foden
    *Yarde (he’s actually very good)
    Eastmond
    Burrell
    *Ashton (can’t miss him out if on form)
    Flood
    Care
    *B Vunipola
    *Robshaw (it may be fashionable to dislike him but he’s indespensible)
    *Wood/Clarke
    Attwood
    *Lawes
    Wilson
    Hartley/Webber (great showing in arg)
    Marler
    Kvesic just plainly isn’t that good. I’d be surprised if he ever gets a regular spot, there are better prospects coming through who I expect will overtake him. Morgan gets no start until he sorts his fitness out. Obviously Corbs and Manu get starts if fit.

duckman

Wrecker, do you think Ashton has lost a yard and is starting to look for work on the inside again as a result? Mako will also have to cope with the same player who beasted him,but this time in a weaker front 5 unit. Wilson is a bear and would have been my pick.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can I just post my favourite picture of Mike Brown here?

🙂

duckman

Oh,oh…Are we posting our favourite pictures of English full-backs?

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker, do you think Ashton has lost a yard and is starting to look for work on the inside again as a result?

Yes I do. He also seems to go looking to make tackles and chasing kicks like a man possessed. He just seems hungry again.

Mako will also have to cope with the same player who beasted him,but this time in a weaker front 5 unit. Wilson is a bear and would have been my pick.

No Corbs 🙁 Youngs really struggles without strong scrumming props. Cole still hasn’t adapted to the new laws and his body position is awful. Vunipola scrums like someone half his size. It could be a torrid afternoon for the scrum. We have more power in the row now though (even better if it was Lawes & Attwood). Palmer and Parling aren’t the most grizzly of second rows. The front row is the same except MV in for Marler.

anagallis_arvensis

that’s 15 wasn’t what I thought should be picked it was just to show the strength in depth, Wales are very weak below the top 15. The lack of a settled 15 is a problem too this was who played Aus last year

England: Goode; Ashton, Tuilagi, Barritt, Sharples; Flood, Care; Marler, T Youngs, Cole, Palmer, Parling, Johnson, Robshaw, Waldrom.

duckman

Sorry, my mistake, I was supervising a NAB and was bored 😳 Lancaster smarter than I gave him credit for in that case.

wrecker
    Free Member

that’s 15 wasn’t what I thought should be picked it was just to show the strength in depth,

Even so, the saxons team depresses me. Crane, Slater, Waldrom, Monye etc (a few examples) are all good players but the team should be brimming with bright young things preparing for a step up to the EPS. At 29, is Myler realistically going to break into the 1st XV?

anagallis_arvensis

Could be worse did you see what happend to wales in the summer? Mind you Japan must be pretty good beat the team that were the last team to beat NZ. Japanby 20 this weekend.

anagallis_arvensis

DezB
    Free Member

Quade Cooper 😆

How old is that list?

anagallis_arvensis

Published yesterday in the daily flail. Guess who wrote it!

anagallis_arvensis

Wheen Keet Wood and Willie John see it they’ll blow a gasket.

DezB
    Free Member

😆

anagallis_arvensis

I’d find room for Folou and North and Dagg hasnt been great defensively recently.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Best in the World: Quade Cooper, the man who couldn’t get a game a few months back. Looking forward to seeing him tomorrow, great for me as you know you sell some good, bad and ugly.

Match reminds me that one of England, Wales and Australia won’t make it to the QFs of the 2015 RWC and the two who do are going to be battered.

DezB
    Free Member

England Legends v Australia on Sky now. How fit is Billy Whizz!?
    Entertaining stuff.

anagallis_arvensis

Quade could get a game for just wasnt picked for Australia but that wasnt for rugby readons. He tore the Lions a new arsehole for his clu/region/franchise/whatever they are called.
    Not as good as Carter though.

DezB
    Free Member

Cooper was awful in the Rugby Championship though. Dunno why they kept picking him over Tamoua.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks to jambalaya, of this parish, I am looking forward to this tomorrow! Should be close. Who’s the ref? I haven’t watched much this season so I hope the bore that is the modern scrum has been sorted (says an ex2).

anagallis_arvensis

The Clancy Clown is ref. Dont expect an open flowing game. Good luck England I love seeing the crims lose.

anagallis_arvensis

Good game so far….

DezB
    Free Member

It certainly is a slog.

DezB
    Free Member

Yay, Farrell! 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Poor decision imo but get in!

Stoner
    Free Member

Poor decision

Really? Two international referees agree that the obstruction wasnt sufficient to justify denying the try but you think it’s “poor”?

DezB
    Free Member

I reckon Hartley was as fooled by the dummy as the Ozzies, which was why he stopped moving (and hence got in the way)(a bit)

anagallis_arvensis

Really? Two international referees agree that the obstruction wasnt sufficient to justify denying the try but you think it’s “poor”?

seeing as how clancy told the video ref what to say we’ll nsvsr know will we.

DezB
    Free Member

12trees is as bad as I expected. Has he ever broken a tackle in his career?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I don’t think 36 will remember this game with great fondness in years to come ffs!

wrecker
    Free Member

Lovely.
    Burrell for inside centre next game please.

DanW
    Free Member

Not an amazing game for the neutral but the England fans seem to be content. A win is a win… which I suppose should be the England motto 😉

Turning point was replacing the chubby centre who can’t throw for the Kiwi loiterer 😀

Genuine question, who is world class in the England squad? There are a lot of “good” players but you could probably pick 2 or 3 different starting 15’s and not gain or lose anything. Brown is perhaps the only X-factor in the team but we all know about his defense… Wood seemed to be everywhere too which is encouraging

fathomer

wrecker – Member

Even so, the saxons team depresses me. Crane, Slater, Waldrom, Monye etc (a few examples) are all good players but the team should be brimming with bright young things preparing for a step up to the EPS. At 29, is Myler realistically going to break into the 1st XV?

Agreed, apart from one thing, Ed Slater is a very good player, who gets better every week, and is only 25.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ed Slater is a very good player, who gets better every week, and is only 25.

Sheesh. Where was his paper round, Beirut?

anagallis_arvensis

England workman like. Yarde shows promise, Ashton still shite and neither centre can draw and pass. Dickson wasnt much cop. Billy V shows promise too, Wood was very good. Hartley has to start next up and I reckon Cole maybe on borrowed time Scrum looked more stable with Wilson on.
    Australia were dogshit poor but will still beat Wales at the end of all this.
    Sky Sports are a **** comedy act of one eyed shitness.

DanW
    Free Member

Fair summary a_a

I would add… Lawes still standing in the backline half the time and diving in to “tackles” with no arms and head first, Farrel still a tad wobbly since the IRB player of the year nomination and new “Ice Man” nickname

wrecker
    Free Member

Let’s be honest, Farrell is never going to be a great. He’s currently the best we’ve got and will keep the shirt until we can breed a better FH. I thought the pack were very good today, no problems with lawes’ game at all.
    36 is the most overrated player in rugby IMHO. Brown is immense going forward, we were lucky that his defence didn’t get tested too hard today. I’m not really worried, that 15 shirt is Anthony watsons soon enough I reckon. We still haven’t got an inside centre, and didn’t pass to him anyway. We may as well have got a couple of flankers and stuck them in the centre, although tomkins looked good in defence (didn’t get a chance to get the ball in his hand).

anagallis_arvensis

Tomkins didnt look that great when he got the massive hand off from Kudriani (I think it was).
    Folou is ace isnt he.
    Lineout is a worry.
    Wish Wales could beat Aus when not playing well. We lost to them 240 000 times last season.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Weird match – neither side excelled at all. England flattered by the score IMO. Set pieces were weak. The ex-hooker in me makes it hard to watch Youngs inability to throw in and scrummage was also poor. But the most frustrating thing was the total lack of ambition in the back line. Watching live was odd – the back line was like an U11 side, No shape for most of the time – literally groups of 3-4 players in a group without shape or structure. And hard to remember any back move at any stage. I get so frustrated watching front row forwards playing at inside centre, and merely slowing everything down. Where is the speed, the dummy runners, the moves etc?

Disappointed that Lawes didn’t seem able to use his strength to break tackles. But Brown and Yarde really stood out especially Brown. Hard to see why he gets so much flak when he stood out so much today.

How did Farrell last so long? It would have been good to see Flood for whole of 2H.

But the mood and excitement did build in the end and we did finish the stronger team. Left the ground in good spirits but fearful of what the AB would do to this team in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Jambalaya!!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ashton backed out of quite a few tackles right in front of us. Borrowed time?

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.