Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s probably a good reason why there’s not been that much bickering in this thread. I wonder if anyone can work out why.

anagallis_arvensis

Because I’ve mellowed?

Not seen much of Care other than piss weak defence as he waved williams past. Is he going well?

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh yes. He’s been slicing teams apart as has foden. Youngs has the better box kick but that’s about it. If we’re talking about terrible defence, brown is a complete liability.
    Oh, and I think Wales are going to do the Aussies this year and that it’ll be a belter of a game.

There’s probably a good reason why there’s not been that much bickering in this thread. I wonder if anyone can work out why

No TJ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    anagallis_arvensis

Doesnt Care play for Quins who have been rubbish?
    Faletau could miss the first game at least which will be a huge loss. Wales team likely to be

1/2p
    Liam Williams
    Davies
    Scott Williams
    North
    Priestland
    Phillips
    Faletau/Warb
    Tips/ Warb
    Lydiate/Warb/R Jones
    Evans/Girafferis
    AW Jones
    Adam
    Hibbard
    James/Gethin

Gethin/James
    Owens
    Andrews (dear god please let Adam stay fit)
    Giraffers/Evans
    Ryan Jones
    Lloyd Williams
    Biggar
    Eli Walker/Hook

wrecker
    Free Member

Quins have blown hot and cold this year. The AP is all over the place this year. With the exception of any game Worcester are in, you can’t tell who’s going to win one week to the next. Sarries have been playing pretty rugby and glaws are getting bullied around!

Frankers
    Free Member

Agree about Foden but not Care

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m hoping Quade will start, guaranteed entertainment one way or the other. England to beat Wallabies (ugly) and Argies before NZ take revenge for 2012, “sadly” I cannot make that game.

@wrecker I’ve been in France most of the past 2 months so not following English game so closely but when have Quins blown hot this year ?

wrecker
    Free Member

They’ve not had the results, but they have played some good rugby (more so than their record would suggest)
    I think they’ll do ok this season.

duckman

I think just like the rush defence Wasps did so well a few years ago, teams have sussed that Quims will try and play a fast tempo game,and force them to commit players more.Do they not also have a less capable pack this year as well,something that is killing Glaws.
    A-A; cracking piece by Stephen Jones on the Newport game in the Times yesterday.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I think Scotland will beat Japan and get within 10 of OZ but SA will be too good.

Unfortuntely Tim Visser got a really nasty looking leg injury on Friday the sort that the players round about turn away from looking a bit green as soon as it happened.

anagallis_arvensis

Bad luck for Visser hope he recovers ok. Always a worry when a player whose main weapon is speed injures a leg.

DezB
    Free Member

Excellent signing for London Irish – http://www.london-irish.com/news/Exiles94778.ink

Any chance he’ll be playing on Nov 17th?

wrecker
    Free Member

Cripes. Australia 1st XV to London Irish. He must have pulled some G’s falling that far!
    You’re right though, good signing.

duckman

Yup the not-nots(copyright DD) have been missing a little something since the Armitages left.

anagallis_arvensis

Thug?
    JOC is a drunk not a cheapshotting thug. (with apologise to the fat armitage).

DezB
    Free Member

I only know him as a damn good rugby player. Look forward to seeing that.

Pigface
    Free Member

What’s the news on McVisser?

Australians at twickenham on Saturday bloody hell that has come round quick, I am going to see Glaws take on Wasps. Weather is looking a bit dicey.

wrecker
    Free Member

What’s the news on McVisser?

Broken fibula. 2- 4 months out. Quite an easy bone to break, I’ve done my left once and my right twice.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Fractured Fibula and needs an op to sort ankle ligament damamge

“Edinburgh Rugby winger Tim Visser has been ruled out for around three to four months with a leg injury.

The club’s top try scorer was injured in Friday’s RaboDirect PRO12 win over Treviso (20-13) at Murrayfield, with an x-ray revealing he had fractured his fibula (shin).

A subsequent MRI scan conducted at the SPIRE Murrayfield Hospital yesterday (Monday) showed further damage to the his ankle ligaments, which will require consultant surgeon John McKinley to operate”

EDIT: Beaten to it, I am slow typing fool

anagallis_arvensis

Forwards (13)

David Attwood (Bath Rugby) 
    Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers) 
    Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints) 
    Joe Launchbury (London Wasps) 
    Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints) 
    Joe Marler (Harlequins) 
    Ben Morgan (Gloucester Rugby) 
    Chris Robshaw (Harlequins) 
    Billy Vunipola (Saracens) 
    Mako Vunipola (Saracens) 
    David Wilson (Bath Rugby) 
    Tom Wood (Northampton Saints) 
    Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

Backs (10)

Chris Ashton (Saracens) 
    Mike Brown (Harlequins) 
    Lee Dickson (Northampton Saints) 
    Owen Farrell (Saracens) 
    Toby Flood (Leicester Tigers) 
    Ben Foden (Northampton Saints) 
    Joel Tomkins (Saracens) 
    Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby) 
    Marland Yarde (London Irish) 
    Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

Parling has mild concussion

looks a bit I dont know, not settled lacking world class players. Big season for Lancaster he needs to decide on his best players.

Pigface
    Free Member

Lawes and the potty mouthed Kiwi? If they both start at least one will be forced to have a rest 😆

Got to agree with AA a bit uninspiring, but that could be down to my unbridled hatred of the england XV 😆

Tom-B
    Free Member

No Wade?!!!!

I presume that it’s Ashton and Brown on the wings then?! Or is Yarde going to start?

Looks pretty average to me. Luther Burrell has been the best centre by far this season….certainly better than Tomkins.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wade has to be on the bench. Shirley

anagallis_arvensis

My one eyedness would suggest that not one of those english players would get in the welsh 15 assuming everyone was in form.

anagallis_arvensis

Ok maybe Lunchboy or Lawes to partner AW Jones…. No others though.

Pigface
    Free Member

Doh that is the whole squad very surprised Wade is not included. Who is Marland Yardie? Off I go to google.

Edit ah that’s him.

duckman

Lawes has been superb this year, I am worried(actually not really that worried,I’m Scottish) that the English didn’t pick the Exeter(?) back rower,bald guy. He has been at the front any time I have seen them this year. I am also surprised Burrell didn’t make it. Wilson has a real chance to stake a claim for the 6n this year.

wrecker
    Free Member

Lawes has been very good. Yarde is a great find, I hope he does well. You’re thinking of Johnson duckman, good club player but not an international IMHO. England are without two of their best players; Corbs and Manu and have a lot of new blood in the side. Can’t fathom how Care hasn’t been included. Actually, Burrell and Trinder have been the best two centres in the AP this year. 36 has been poor. See how it goes, I don’t think we’ll be setting the world alight.

Pigface
    Free Member

Lyn the Lip says some interesting stuff about Spikey, on the beeb Wales nes page, can’t do links from my I pad 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Cheers Flash

anagallis_arvensis

I saw that, seemed at odds with his praise and defence of Henson in similar circumstances.

anagallis_arvensis

I saw that, seemed at odds with his praise and defence of Henson in similar circumstances.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

England and Oz teams

England Team: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Chris Ashton (Saracens), Joel Tomkins (Saracens), Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester), Marland Yarde (London Irish), Owen Farrell (Saracens), Lee Dickson (Northampton), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Tom Youngs (Leicester), Dan Cole (Leicester), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton), Tom Wood (Northampton), Chris Robshaw (captain, Harlequins), Billy Vunipola (Saracens).

Replacements: Dylan Hartley (Northampton), Joe Marler Harlequins), David Wilson (Bath), Dave Attwood Bath), Ben Morgan (Gloucester), Ben Youngs (Leicester), Toby Flood (Leicester), Ben Foden (Northampton).

Australia team: Israel Folau (NSW Waratahs); Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs), Tevita Kuridrani (ACT Brumbies), Matt Toomua (ACT Brumbies), Nick Cummins (Western Force); Quade Cooper (vice-captain, Queensland Reds), Will Genia (Queensland Reds); James Slipper (Queensland Reds), Stephen Moore (ACT Brumbies), Ben Alexander (ACT Brumbies), Sitaleki Timani (NSW Waratahs), James Horwill (Queensland Reds), Scott Fardy (ACT Brumbies), Michael Hooper (NSW Waratahs), Ben Mowen (captain, ACT Brumbies)

Replacements: Saia Fainga’a (Queensland Reds), Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs), Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs), Kane Douglas (NSW Waratahs), Ben McCalman (Western Force), Nic White (ACT Brumbies), Christian Leali’ifano (ACT Brumbies), Bernard Foley (NSW Waratahs)

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Pigface, links from iPad are easy, same as normal computer – just hold your finger on web address, “select all” then paste into the URL pop-up on here

wrecker
    Free Member

My major concern is Brown at FB. I hope the aussies don’t get a chance to run at him, although I suspect they will.

anagallis_arvensis

I would be most worried about the loss of Barritt in the centre, England have got away with a lack of proper openside by having the very hardworking Robshaw combine with the equally hard working Barritt doing a lot of the clearing at rucks, I cannot see 12trees or Tomkins doing this job for them. You’re proper **** if Robshaw gets broken early too with that bench. And surely there must be a better 14 in England than Chris Ashton?
    I stand by my comment that none of that 15 would get in the Wales 15 apart from one of the locks, but bizarrely all of them would be in or around the wales squad (apart from Ashton and maybe the centres). So much depth in the England squad but very little spark or real top quality. Looking forward to seeing how Billy V goes.

wrecker
    Free Member

Now I’m no Ashton fan but it’s fair to say he’s been rejuvinated this season. He has been playing very well for sarries (in fact has been the best winger in the AP full stop) and has earned his spot.

anagallis_arvensis

he’s shit 😆 but if playing well he may be a better wing option than Brown I suppose 😆

Englands problem is too many good players and too much tinkering. I reckon this 15 would be as good

Foden
    Armitage
    Eastmond
    Burrell
    Strettle
    Flood
    Care
    Morgan
    Kvesic
    AN Other
    Attwood
    AN Other
    Wilson
    Hartley
    Marler

would give that team a bloody good match

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.