Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • ijs445ra
    Free Member

Too early? Pre-season matches are only a week away

Lions hangover cleared, season ticket bought, hopes of a decent year for your club returning, possibly the last Heineken Cup. The new rugby season is nearly upon us.

Predictions for Rabo, Premiership, Heineken Cup, 6N and your own team?

Rabo: Ulster
    Premiership: Quins
    Heineken: Leinster (BOD to retire in style)
    6Nations: Scotland

Edinburgh: A new South African coach, a bunch of Aussies signed plus Nikki Walker…not what I had hoped to see in the closed season but just want them to play good rugby finish top5 in the Rabo, not embarrass themselves in the Heine and Visser to get 20 tries.

lastly a reminder of last years rules children, play nice!

“Our annual opportunity to indulge in baiting one another along regional/national AND international lines.
    Rules;
    1)I have tickets for Munster v Embra;you don’t 😀 (Duckman to confirm if this is true again?)
    2)PLEASE no individual arguments lasting more than a page;it gets tedious.
    3)Ashton is,and always will be a Merchant Banker.
    4) A-A is,for the sake of this thread,allowed to pick fault with his home nations players and coaches even after they have won the slam without losing a try.
    5)It is ok to be a patriotic Irishman or Englishman even if you live in Bristol or OZ… 😉
    6) See 1 above.
    7) No arguments carried over from last season”

wrecker
    Free Member

6Nations: Scotland

😆
    Good luck with that one…..

Pigface
    Free Member

We need to discuss the rules 😆 and your mental health after saying Scotland for 6 nations 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Scotland for 6 nations

😯

It pains me to say this, but after being on the right side of 1/2p and North et al. for the Lions, I can’t see England beating Wales in the 6N.

In fact, for the record, I’d like to say how much I enjoyed having those two on my side for a change!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Sadly I don’t actually believe Scotland will win the 6N, more likely a battling top 5 finish is on the cards.

zokes
    Free Member

Don’t you mean top 6? It is the 6 nations these days, you know 😉

ijs445ra
    Free Member

But one of those 6 is France

zokes
    Free Member

😆

bigblackshed

A top 5 finish is quite achievable considering the French display this summer. They couldn’t find the try line even if they painted a big white line at the end of the field.

anagallis_arvensis

France would improve a great deal by simply dropping Michilak and playing my gran at outside half and my gran has been dead 15 years.

Would fancy England for six nations and they play wales at twickenham, France away though isnt it? OP picks Scotchland so must be TJ and I claim my fifty pence finders fee.

Premiership to be won by Bath with Henson setting the prem alight…. Or maybe not.
    Johnny Wilkinsons Toulon for the cheap lager cup.
    All welsh regions to sell everything in sight including the corner flags and to have to ask away teams to bring a ball.

wrecker
    Free Member

All welsh regions to sell everything in sight including the corner flags and to have to ask away teams to bring a ball.

Seems like they kept Toby and will keep Warbs, but I reckon Adam is francebound. Are rugby players Wales’ biggest export? 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are rugby players Wales’ biggest export?

Adam’s lost a lot of weight, you know.

anagallis_arvensis

Didnt Adam say he would stay in Wales until the next world cup?
    Toby is just a big shy kid so stayed at the Dregs, Warbs will be paid by wru I imagine.

wrecker
    Free Member

Possibly, I just caught a headline on the BBC I think.

anagallis_arvensis

*Top 10 earners in the Top 14*:*

Jonny Wilkinson (Toulon) – €56,000 (£48,155) per month
    Jonathan Sexton (Racing Metro) – €52,000 (£44,711)
    Bryan Habana (Toulon) – €50,000 (£42,991)
    Morgan Parra (Clermont Auvergne) – €46,000 (£39,555)
    Thierry Dusautoir (Toulouse) – €43,000 (£36,975)
    Dimitri Szarzewski (Racing Metro) – €41,000 (£35,254)
    Carl Hayman (Toulon) – €41,000 (£35,254)
    Bakkies Botha (Toulon) – €41,000 (£35,254)
    Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro) – €40,000 (£34,394)
    Matt Giteau (Toulon) – €40,000 (£34,394)

“*According to Le Journal du Dimanche”

cannot believe how much Habana and Szarzewaki in particular are paid. One hasnt been much cop for years and another just has a nice haircut.

Scamper
    Free Member

Glaws already have a trophy this season 8)

wrecker
    Free Member

another just has a nice haircut.

He’s real purdy though…the frenchish loves a purdy boy!

anagallis_arvensis

Throws like a drunk Rory Best though!

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m not sure you understand; he’s purdy 😀

Not sure I want to know what’s going on here though;

😯

Tom-B
    Free Member

6N’s…Hmmm England or Wales….maybe Ireland if they have better luck with injuries and a new coach.

Rabo-Leinster

Prem-Saffas to top the league and go on to get beaten by Tigers in the final.

Heine-Toulon

Hopefully Newcastle will be shit which might just be enough to save Sale-actually in an ideal world London Irish will get relegated, can’t quite see it though.

Pigface
    Free Member

I quite fancy Szarzewaki 😳

Scamper that is not a bad shout at all, things are looking good at Kingsholm.

Ospreys to beat the scablets home and away and as I am a small minded parachial Ospreylian that is all I care about.

Adam will never leave.

anagallis_arvensis

I’m not sure you understand; he’s purdy 

he’s no Henson

anagallis_arvensis

I note Bath have a friendly v ospreys in a few weeks. Could be fun.
    Ospreys have a pretty tidy pack still if they stay injury free. Who at 9, 13 and 15 though?
    Bevington
    Blondie
    Adam
    Aw Jones
    Evans
    R Jones
    Bearman
    Tips

juanking

I have nothing constructive to add other than I have only just stopped laughing at ‘Scotland to win the 6 nations’. I live in Scotland, my daughter is Scottish but god they really are poor. Cheered me right up that has!

chamberlain30
    Free Member

6N = England
    Prem = Tigers
    HC = Racing
    Rabo = who cares!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

England play Wales at Twickenham, completely different. It will be interesting to see how much the tour took out of the Welsh who made it such a heroic Lions series.

I’m likely to still be in Paris for the start of the season so looking forward to seeing a few matches including a few on the road 🙂 It’s a pity the French were so bad in NZ as I was planning on a trip down South to see one of Autumn internationals, not really worth it after that tour sadly.

By the way I saw Dan Carter is out of the 4 nations. Richie McCaw will be back though.

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Ah but the WC for which sport?

chamberlain30 – Member
    Rabo = who cares!!!

Just typical of the bloody English to arrive on the thread with that sort of attitude. It’s just thinly disguised racism, I tell you.
    And I’ll infer from that that you think Wilkinson is a saint, Henson is dogpoo, the Scots are a bunch of pigstrangers and the Irish are good for nothing but carrying a hod. Racism. MODS, wuick get rid of him….. 😆 😉 :mrgreen: (I may need more smileys?)

anagallis_arvensis

England play Wales at Twickenham, completely different. It will be interesting to see how much the tour took out of the Welsh who made it such a heroic Lions series.

the bigger worry is how they will cope with the likes of Roberts and Lydiate being flogged in France

anagallis_arvensis

Posted this the other day, what a player, anyone care to post other vids to keep us amused.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hD6cbaRANE[/video]

ads678

6 nations – England
    Aviva prem – Tigers
    HC – Tigers*
    Rabo – Leinster

*That’s what my heart says, but my head says Toulon or Racing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AA, that vid always raises a smile! He was like some rabid, angry Jack Russell raging around the pitch biting at ankles all day!

anagallis_arvensis

1/2 February
    Wales v Italy Sat 2.30 wales
    France v England Sat 5.00 ??
    Ireland v Scotland Sun 3.00 Ireland

8/9 February
    Ireland v Wales Sat 2.30 ??
    Scotland v England Sat 5.00 England
    France v Italy Sun 3.00 France

Wales v France Fri 8.00 Wales
    Italy v Scotland Sat 1.30 ??
    England v Ireland Sat 4.00 England

8/9 March
    Ireland v Italy Sat 2.30 Ireland
    Scotland v France Sat 5.00 France
    England v Wales Sun 3.00 England

15 March
    Italy v England Sat 12.30 England
    Wales v Scotland Sat 2.45 Wales
    France v Ireland Sat 5.00 France

If England beat France first up they will be very much favs.

Tom-B
    Free Member

This always raises a smile.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    boxfish
    Free Member

6-Nations – No GS, but Ireland to top the table
    Prem – Saracens
    HC – Top 14 side…Perpignan, perhaps
    Rabo – Ospreys

And most importantly..

Championship – Bristol (cause apparently we are a Premiership side!)

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m over the moon with the Robinson signing. I’ve seen him play a few times, perfect player for a champ side with prem ambitions. The new shirt is revolting though!

boxfish
    Free Member

Yep, he’s solid if unspectacular. What Bris need is another Jason Strange, not another David Hill (remember him?!)

anagallis_arvensis

Are you talking about nicky robinson. He’s a lot of things but solid aint one, blows.very hot and cold.

boxfish
    Free Member

Well, compared to what we’ve had at 10 lately, I think he can do a good job for us.

wrecker
    Free Member

Are you talking about nicky robinson. He’s a lot of things but solid aint one, blows.very hot and cold.

Yep that’s my impression of him. But when on form, he’s very good indeed. Glad red stayed, heard Newcastle wanted him back. I’d like to see chev back too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.