Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • 2013 TDF Winner. A retrospecive thread, so whos going to win?
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

First to say C0untador, he will be whizzing off his genitalia and thrash Froome,Nibali,Evans and Wiggo. 😥

clubber
    Free Member

Sadly, you’re probably right.

aracer
    Free Member

Unless somebody else has better drugs steak. Or he gets caught.

butcher

Unless somebody else has better drugs

Don’t you mean steak?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bertie will win if he is fit

Whether he is clean we will never be able to sure

he is this generations LA

Tom-B
    Free Member

Bertie. The best bet for as anyone who else is to finish second and hope that Bertie gets popped for doping again.

aracer
    Free Member

Whether he is clean we will never be able to sure

Only in the same sense that we’ll never be able to be sure whether LA was clean.

tang
    Free Member

Bertie.

freeagent
    Free Member

I want to say Froome, as he’ll have the whole of team Sky behind him (inc Wiggins) but more likely Bertie…

trevron73
    Free Member

Nibali or Sagen

glupton1976
    Free Member

Has Contador’s team been invited to the TdF?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Sagan lol!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Wiggo if he can stop with the public appearances and get back to training. He has at least 1 more in him.

stanfree
    Free Member

I’d love to say Wiggins but my heart says Bertie and sadly I just cant take too Froome. Contador is by far the most entertaining rider of the last 5 years despite the allegations.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its not an allegation it is a proven fact

speckledbob
    Free Member

Can’t see anyone beating Contador. Too strong in the Vuelta for my liking. Can’t see Wiggo or Froome being close enough. Shame.

sambob
    Free Member

Contador, Froome second.

stanfree
    Free Member

Junkyard , sorry Indeed allegations . I’d love to see the Contador ride totally clean as I’m sure he did in the Vuelta as he is magnificent and by far and away the best rider in the peloton. I have no doubt Team Sky are a clean living team but just how far do you take It . Its only really folks like Taylor Phinney that take being clean to the extreme.Linky.

RealMan
    Free Member

SAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

With steeze.

aracer
    Free Member

Contador is by far the most entertaining rider of the last 5 years despite the allegations.

They said that about Pantani, and I even made a similar comment about Landis’ exploit in 2006 😳

I’d love to see the Contador ride totally clean as I’m sure he did in the Vuelta

😯

ChrisE
    Free Member

Rodriguez. If he can muster some help

radoggair
    Free Member

andy schleck for me, had contador on the ropes last time they battled. just needs to sort his TT out.Part from that, dont think bertie will do, but actually think SKY will again produce

b45her
    Free Member

@ realman, i’m as likely to win the tour as sagen is, he won’t be within a hour of the leaders by the time they get to paris.

it’s froome or andy schleck i think.

JCL
    Free Member

Its not an allegation it is a proven fact

0.000000000000000000000001g of Clenbuterol….

From Wiki: “Not just athletes are affected by contamination. In Portugal, 50 people were reported as affected by clenbuterol in liver and pork between 1998 and 2002, while in 1990, veal liver was suspected of causing clenbuterol poisoning in 22 people in France and 135 people in Spain.”

I’m not saying he hasn’t used it but the dose was very low. With or without it I think he’ll tear everyones legs off.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Climber winning will be more entertaining no?

langy
    Free Member

Bertie – if the team is right. Sky has more strength in depth I feel (see how it goes in a few weeks down here at TDU as to if that is right or not) and could make it hard for him. Likewise, I think RSNT or whatever they are this year, could make it hard due to a team effort.

Schleck and Froome to complete podium.

Cadel and Wiggo, alas, I don’t think can get there; too many out and out climbs this tour. top 10 or 20 for those two. Be interesting if they go to Giro or Vuelta though…

sefton
    Free Member

contador (if he can get the support)

I reckon the whole thing was a setup (to save cycling from lance – they have known about lance for years. waiting for the right time i think)

contador ban (for tiny tiny amount of ban substance)
    tour route timetrial heavy
    clean sky win
    lance striped but alls well as that was ‘the old days’ todays winner is drug free. cycling saved!

RealMan
    Free Member

@ realman, i’m as likely to win the tour as sagen is, he won’t be within a hour of the leaders by the time they get to paris.

Nah, heard he’s planning on lapping the field on alpe d’huez, it’s in the bag I reckon. Just you watch.

the_lecht_rocks

Op, how is this thread retrospective lol 🙄

davefarmer
    Free Member

Sefton, you are right on all counts.

Giro has loads of TT this year. Padua investigation is happening, will “exposé” Scarponi etc. and Wiggo will win Giro…. Cycling saved in Italy.

Following year, investigation in Spain completes, lets see how much TT will be in the 2014 Vuelta:)

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m not saying he hasn’t used it

Good because he is a convicted dope cheat stripped of his results for using that product.

Kryton57

Contador and Schleck in epic mountain battles for me. I think Wiggo and Froome will get close courtesy of the TT’s and Sky will try to keep them in contention with regards to time gained, but its not Wiggo’s territory. My view is Wiggo should ride to win the Giro an Froome should lead the Tour – he had TT ammo and is a better climber than Brad.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The usual names above, Froome, Bertie, Schleck and I’ll also throw Pierre Rolland in. I think he can get a top 3 or 5.

llama

Contador is 10/11 (!) I don’t reckon its that certain

Froome 11/4

Wiggins and Shleck 9/1

Rolland 66/1 got to be worth an each way

(Paddy power)

mtbmatt
    Free Member

As usual, bookies know nothing about cycling – just those who have won before.
    Rolland showed he was a terrific climber, 2013 tour route suits him, Europcar have a good squad and masses of support on the mountains.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

I think Froome will take a tumble while leading.
    Leaving an ultra confident Wiggins to ride of into the distance and claim a well deserved second Tour win 😀

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Might put a tenner on Rolland! (Ive spent the money already in my head) 😀

flap_jack
    Free Member

Rolland. The French need to win the 100th tour. And if he does, the party in Paris will be awesome.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Garmin one two

Ryder Hesjedal an David Millar hopefully.

JCL
    Free Member

Good because he is a convicted dope cheat stripped of his results for using that product.

Bet he doesn’t get caught again and he’ll easily win so you might not want to watch it for fear of being upset.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘2013 TDF Winner. A retrospecive thread, so whos going to win?’ is closed to new replies.