Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 2013 SC Chameleon 26". What travel and what tyres can I fit in it.
  • tomhoward

Morning all, I’ve bagged me one of the last 26″ chameleons and am speccing up the the last couple of bits and I’ve hit a bout of indecision over the forks. At first I was going to go with some 120mm rebas from another bike (the plan was to swap frames on my single speed, though that seems to have fallen by the wayside pretty hard) but now I’m wondering if that’s a great idea, given its very much at the xc end of things, something which the frame (and I) is not. It’s also a straight steerer, a bit flexy, despite a 20mm maxle, and getting on for 4 years old now.

So that’s the justification for getting a new fork out the way, question is, do I go for the 140mm revelation (have the 650b version on the 5010, which has the same geo, and really like it), or the 150mm pike, (have the 160mm 650b version on the nomad, possibly the best fork I’ve ever used) my only reservation with it is that it might be a smidgen too much travel, knocking the geo out a bit.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Finally, what’s the biggest tyre I can squeeze in? Got some 2.5 minions kicking about, will they go in?

nickc

I had 140mm thors on mine, and it was spot on. I think you’d struggle to get those minions in the frame TBH

deviant
    Free Member

2.5 Minions are never really 2.5 though are they?!
    I have one in the back of my Ragley Piglet and there’s loads of clearance.

tomhoward

Bump for the evening crowd?

Think imma plump for the pikes unless anyone can give me a reason not to (death, apocalypse etc)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘2013 SC Chameleon 26". What travel and what tyres can I fit in it.’ is closed to new replies.