Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 2013 Rockshox reba's
  • mattg123
    Free Member

Hi Folk’s,
    Does anyone know if the 2013 Rockshox Reba RL/RLT Solo Air – 120mm – Turnkey Lockout with standard steerer (not tapered) are available with a 15mm axle anywhere or are they coming out soon ?? I’ve asked Merlin cycles as they have all the others but they’re not sure.
    Cheers,
    Matt.

LoCo
    Free Member

All aftermarket ones are listed as having QR, except one 29er model.

Will probably be available in an O.E spec though.

mlucas666
    Free Member

When you say turnkey are you referring to crown-mounted lockout as opposed to remote?

I can’t recommend the remote version, the pushloc setup kinda sucks. Must get round to buying an RCT3 unit.

mattg123
    Free Member

Yep, definately after the crown mounted lock out, as you say the push lock is flawed in that if the cable fails while riding the fork stays in the “locked” position… might have to get the 2012 dual air version from merlin instead.

mattg123
    Free Member

out of interest, whats a RCT3 unit ??

havinalaff
    Free Member

i know the answer to this,

Reba RL and RLT don’t use turn key lockout they are motion control.

And as for the one you want, fishers aren’t bringing in a 1 1/8th non taper with 15mm axle. I know because I was after one.

LoCo
    Free Member

RCT3 is open, threshold, and lockout with low speed compression adjustment too. (like fox CTD system adjustments)
    Very good in conjunction with the dual flow rebound damper assm. which has been a very popular mod. for Sid, reba, sektor and Revelation forks.

I built a set of RCT3/dual flow Rebas (custom tuned) for one of the team riders using a set of O.E 15mm maxle rebas this year.

mattg123
    Free Member

I’m assuming you get the forks with the pushlock & then change that out for a RCT3 unit… any idea on cost please ??

LoCo
    Free Member

You can change them around, the best thing to do is fit the dual flow rebound assm. first which is cheapest at about £65 (rrp £84) then the compression unit at about £125 (rrp £164).

Just fitting the compression damper will make the forks better, however you really want the dual flow rebound to make the most of it.
    Alternativly you could just fit an RL or RLT DNA motion control to make things a bit cheaper. 😀

bikeskimountains
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just bought the Reba RLT Solo Air 2013 fork to upgrade the old Dart3’s on my Rockhopper 😀 . Looking at this thread you guys seem to know your stuff so I hope you can help with some questions (new to this, my first upgrade).

The Rock Shox site says the fork has “Low Speed Compression to Lock out” but my fork has a Push Loc remote and it seems I therefore have an on/off lockout choice and have no adjustment of low speed compression?

Also the blue dial is just labelled ‘lockout’, not ‘compression’ as I’ve seen on older 2011 Rebas in the service manuals.

I’m worried that this fork might not have low speed compression adjust afterall 🙁 (sales blurb wrong?), can anyone re-assure me it does?

Also quick question on the red rebound adjust – maybe a daft one but the long red adjuster (that heads up the hollow fork leg) looks a little frail. Is this adjuster a ‘tool’ that is meant to be removed when riding, or is it to stay in place. Don’t want to lose it but a gentle pull didn’t release it. Don’t want to pull hard in case its not meant to come out. Sort of thing a manual should tell me but I can’t actually find an up to date Reba 2013 manual on the RS site.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘2013 Rockshox reba's’ is closed to new replies.