Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2013 Reverb? whats the score?
  • lardman
    Free Member

So, seeing that it is quite a bit cheaper and on offer right now, why would i go for the 2011/12 version?

Does anyone have any experience of the 2013 version? any problems, or better than the previous version?

Any thoughts would be good.
    Ta.

variflex
    Free Member

Looks like only specific sizes are that much cheaper.
    31.6 100mm is £193, but everything looks like the normal prices.

Where have you seen the 2013 reverb cheaper than last years model?

lardman
    Free Member

well, it was CRC. But, i just looked more carefully and its only the 100mm drop in a 30.9 which is cheaper @ £193.

30.9 is what i want, but i reckon i’ll appreciate the 125mm drop tho’

Bugger,

Northwind

Merlin are still doing the 2011 ones at £180 (and they do 3% cashback too with topcashback)

lardman
    Free Member

hmmmmm….
    so, are they pretty much the same as the 2012/13 issue ones?
    No problems to be aware of?

Ta

Northwind

Unknown tbh. There’s definately been design changes from the earliest versions after the paying beta-testers had done their bit, but I don’t know when that was done or if these will have it.

lardman
    Free Member

cheers for that Northwind.
    I am not keen to help out with R&D costs for bike companies, so maybe i’ll hang fire for a while longer. Or until the latest version comes down in price a bit.

Ta.

superfli
    Free Member

2012 versions have the modified metal protective sheath around the hose/barb to seatpost connection. 2011 had a rubber cover which could allow the barb to be broken more easily. Replacement hose/barb/metal sheath is £12.

I think that is all other than collar colour.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2013 Reverb? whats the score?’ is closed to new replies.