Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2013-on Commencal Meta 4x- anybody got one?
  • kayla1
    Free Member

What’s it like? I bought one today and am looking forward to it turning up.

handyandy
    Free Member

I had a 2010 (and loved it) and have been hovering over the buy button. There had better be some left!

miketbrown
    Free Member

I bought one last week for my son. Came pretty quick after ordering. The tracking was a bit eccentric though – the English link in their tracking email was dead but the French or Spanish ones worked. I had to translate the info to find out where the bike was.

Big box when it arrived! Not too many troubles putting it together, but depending on the size you’ve bought, be careful not to push out the rubber cable grommet at the bottom of the seat tube (where the dropper post cable exits briefly) when you fit the post. They’re a bugger to get back in.

It hasn’t been ridden yet but will be this weekend so can’t comment on the ride. Its great looking. My guess its an absolute beast on the downs. The ups? – well we’ll see…

kayla1
    Free Member

Cool! My OH has a 2011 4x and I love it. I’m rather excited 😀 They only had small frames left which should be ok for me.

alpineharry
    Free Member

I have the V3 so basically the same bike, little heavy but great on the downhills! Can take a beating (Came from riding downhill bikes) and don’t pedal too bad back up the hill either

wishiwascalledsteve

Can’t remember the year of my old one, it was black and green
    Whichever year it was, it was the best bike I’ve ridden. It was great for my riding, not fussed about the ups but focussing on the descent, a mini dh bike. Even with ‘only’ 100mm of travel the 4x could handle itself in all but the roughest terrain. I rode it down long technical welsh/lakes/Scottish mountain descents without feeling out of depth.
    The only 2 drawbacks; the rear tyre is restricted to 2.25″ Max and the small seatube length made pedalling and uphills a struggle after a while

handyandy
    Free Member

Mine was the blakc and green as well. I only stopped using it as I snapped the rear dropout after 5 years of abuse.

I used it for trail centres, 4x, dual slalom, riding in the woods, and did a 40 mile charity ride on it as well.

Once I sell my dh bike, I’m building another, as it works really well as a do it all bike!

warpcow
    Free Member

It’s the same geo as the SL just with a sorter seat tube, right? I love my SL. It climbs like a goat, goes down better than it has any right to, and is more than willing to pop off everything in sight if you want it to.

kayla1
    Free Member

The new (well, 2013) one has 120mm of travel and I think it’s essentially the same as the SL, yes. It’s good to hear there’s some love for them!

Damn it, where’s my stuff? 😆

handyandy
    Free Member

Come on, has it arrived yet? 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes- it arrived today 😀 but I haven’t got the shock, bottom bracket or headset yet (but I have ordered them) so can’t start nailing it together. It looks nice though!

handyandy
    Free Member

Awesome 🙂

I ordered mine on Friday, but none of the tracking links work, and they are not that keen on communicating with me. It was despatched on Monday, so hopefully it will arrive by Friday and I can get buying new bits for it 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

I found the English link didn’t work, but the French and Spanish ones did. If you google the name of the courier (GLS?) plus ‘UK tracking’ you can use the GLS tracking number (‘no. colis’) on it and it should throw up the proper UK Parcel Force tracking number 🙂

https://gls-group.eu/EU/en/parcel-tracking

Stick the number Commencal gave you in there and it should give you the PF tracking number.

Mine was ordered on the 5th, dispatched on the 6th and it arrived on the 10th, so it was really only in the post for two working days which is pretty blinking flipping good!

handyandy
    Free Member

Awesome, thank you. Sadly the supplied number still doesnt work. It was despatched on Monday, so will hopefully be here Friday 🙂

handyandy
    Free Member

Well, my frame arrived. Before I buy some pikes, what forks are you using Kyla1?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2013-on Commencal Meta 4x- anybody got one?’ is closed to new replies.