• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2013 OEM Rebas – travel adjust?
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 2013 (or thereabouts) OEM solo air Rebas (bought from ON-One) doing nothing down in the shed and I’m thinking of fitting them to my wife’s Scandal to replace the horrid and heavy coil forks that came with the build package.

Her forks are 100mm travel too so I could do a straight swap but it’s a small 14″ frame and could really do with 80mm.

Does anyone know whether said forks are internally travel adjustable? I’ve found one of the 1cm Rockshox spacers in my tool box, but it may have come with the dual air Rebas I had previously.

— EDIT —

I think that I’ve managed to answer my own question. I’ve just found a PDF manual for the 2013 solo-air Rebas and it appears that they are travel adjustable, but only by replacing the entire air spring assembly with a new one of the desired length; so no simply (and cheap) clipping on of a spacer!

Yak

Replacement air shafts aren’t too expensive Look at bike24. There’s another continental shop that stocks lots too, but I can’t remember the name right now. Get the part no. from the manual.

Edit the other shop was Andy’s Bikes in Germany, but it appears to have closed. You should get an air shaft for £20-£25 from bike24 or similar.

You don’t need the whole spring assembly either. Just the shaft and re-use everything else.

nickdavies

Amazon often have them too.
    You can cut them down but going 20mm probably means you’ll need to cut new threads into the shaft.

PJay
    Free Member

There is an 80mm shaft for 26″ Rebas on Ebay, but I’m not sure that I’m too confident messing with the innards of suspension forks; I’ve done oil changes before but that’s as far as it goes (although I reckon that I could have clipped a spacer on the spring shaft).

Maybe I’ll do a straight swap out for now and see how she gets on; they’ve got to be better than the coil Recons!

Yak

If you can put a spacer on, you can change an air shaft.
    Do a lower leg service too whilst you are at it, so oil, suspension grease and circlip pliers are the only other bits you need. Maybe the crush washer too at the bottom.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2013 OEM Rebas – travel adjust?’ is closed to new replies.