Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2013 Nukeproof Mega AM V 2013 stumpjumper fsr evo
  • nickyg1987
    Free Member

The new Nukeproof looks real good!! What’s anybodies views on which would be better and why??

wolfenstein
    Free Member

One word “nukeproof” 😉

deanfbm
    Free Member

They’re kind of different bikes.

Your nukeproof is your scaled down dh bike capable of any dh the uk gas to offer (fort will would be uncomfortable), capable of free gnar booters and harsh landings with ease.

Your stumpy evo is you scaled up trail bike. So long rides, trail centres, a bit of mince gnar, some big gnar if you’re smooth.

Different bikes really.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

@deanfbm. ???? 🙄 your thumb is too big for your mobile, aint it 🙄

climbingkev
    Free Member

Agree with the above, I have a the original Mega and love it. Used a 2012 stumpy evo for a week in NZ last year, very nice, capable bike, but I preferred the Mega, you might not however! I’d say I could do stuff on the Mega I couldn’t on the Stumpy. The Stumpy felt a bit easier on the climbs but the Mega wouldn’t of struggled, I’d just be marginally more out of breath!

Kev

JCL
    Free Member

Nicky you’re lost. Go and test ride some bikes.

stevede
    Free Member

I think the 2013 mega (160 version) would be more of a match comparison wise with the enduro in Specialized range, same breed of bike as that, orange alpine 160, spicy, covert, trek slash etc the mega tr prob more of a comparison with the transition bandit. Stumpy evo a leggy trail bike with good angles, pretty damn good uk all rounder (apart from the shite press fit bb), may get found out on more dh stuff if regularly getting hammered whereas a mega would prob be better on this stuff at the expense of a bit of xc capability. Both will do the job, a test ride on your regular trails and a bit of honesty with yourself on what your intended uses are will help you make a more informed decision.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I have a mega I got it as a heavy duty bike. It does this well, it also pedals OK, but you can’t ring its neck on flat single track.

I do love it though as soon as it points downhill!

mildred

Have Specialized stopped making the Enduro – I’d have thought that was a more accurate comparison to a Mega.??

alialiali
    Free Member

I’ve seen you asked about a Zesty a few days ago, a Mega is a long way removed from a Zesty or other trail bikes.
    As JCL says go and ride some bikes and find out what you like. You’re coming from a skinny little hardtail, a Mega is a bus by comparison.

tomaso
    Free Member

The Mega is a really good bike, but its too much bike for me.

A Giant Anthem is also really good bike and may be what you need but it was too light and twangy for me.

A Stumpjumper is a really good bike and its my Goldilocks bike – just right, but whether its good for you is another matter entirely…

nasher
    Free Member

there is a 130mm travel (Mega TR) and a 160mm travel (Mega AM) versions for 2013…

IMO the TR wil be the bike to beat for UK riding

Mugboo

The truth is that all these very capable bikes are for the rider you want to be. The question is whether you are honestly ever going to hammer down DH tracks or send it off 6 foot drops?

My bikes have got steadily more capable and I have improved along with them but it still takes a lot of factors to drop in to place to get me off a big drop (prevailing wind, favourite underpants, etc..)or sometimes a small one.

For most of my riding I could get away with a much lighter frame with less travel but the Mega pedals well uphill and compensates for my lack of balls on the way down. Plus I do occasionally get to the Pyrenees and will eventually find the time to do a UK uplift day.

Stevede has tested a lot of bikes over the last few years and can genuinely ride them to within an inch of their lives, his advice is worth a listen. Don’t ride with him though he forces you to jump huge boulders (at least 18 inches..)

nasher
    Free Member

this is the TR less travel and lighter than the current mega.

If you are also considering a stumpy then this is the bike to test.. I think the frames will be available in January and the bikes early March tho…so you will have to wait a bit

nickyg1987
    Free Member

Sorry fellas this post was for a friends benefit!! I’m going for the stumpy and he was considering the mega am and wanted to see how they compared!! Thanks for the replies!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2013 Nukeproof Mega AM V 2013 stumpjumper fsr evo’ is closed to new replies.