Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 2013 Mega AM with Monarch Plus RC3 Shock
  • gt900uk
    Free Member

Bought the above bike in January and think I might now have an issue with the shock. Moving the compression lever doesn’t seem to have any effect on the compression dampening. I am sure that when it was new there was a significant difference between the three settings but have pretty much just left it in the middle position so not 100% sure after this time now. Anyone with the same frame and shock confirm how big a difference there is between the three settings? I can’t notice any with the bounce test but realise this it probably not that accurate.

Thanks

gt900uk
    Free Member

Anyone?

BoardinBob

The max compression on mine doesn’t lock out the shock fully but it definitely feels firmer. Mid is what I keep it on for 90% of downhills. Max definitely feels slightly squishier but yeah there’s not a huge difference between max and min, certainly not the same as I get at the upper and lower ends of the compression damper on my Lyriks.

traildog
    Free Member

Why not send the shock to get it serviced? It’ll do it a load of good as it’s been through that last half of winter, and someone who knows what they’re doing will give it a good looking over.

gt900uk
    Free Member

Thanks, Traildog bike is only 3months old so planning on making a warranty claim. Just wasn’t 100% if it was an issue or not. The lever seems to have no effect but wanted to check before I contacted the retailer as I was sure the difference was noticeable before.

Alex

There’s a noticeable difference in the compression damping on mine. As BB says up there, it doesn’t lock out but you can definitely feel the extra damping. I tend to run mine open which is a bit squishy but I’m useless at remembering to switch and I prefer it set to min.

Sounds like a warranty claim. I’ve had that problem on fox shocks before and had them fixed under warranty.

gt900uk
    Free Member

Thanks Alex,

Going to send it back for examination. I hope it not just in my head.

kimbers

I had to send my (non plus) monarch back when it did the exact same thing after a few months

seals failed and it had ingested a load of muddy water, ive got a dhx air being modded as we speak….

gt900uk
    Free Member

So I returned the shock under warranty. They never said if they found a fault or not but it has been replaced with the 2014 version of the shock. Thanks CRC/Rockshox.

hainman
    Free Member

I had to send back my Monarch(RL) after a year and it was replaced by Sram/Fisher under warranty with RC3 damper instead of RL so im now trying to figure out how i use the thing,Ive seen diagrams of the switch going up and left and right,Mine is pointed down,left middle right so just need to suss out what setting is what as they left the old RL diagram,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘2013 Mega AM with Monarch Plus RC3 Shock’ is closed to new replies.