Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2013 CTD and tuning.
  • happybiker
    Free Member

So I bought a 2013 Yeti Sb-95 in the CRC sale, and before I even rode it it was obvious the CTD lever had no affect on the compression. Riding it confirmed this.

I’m sending it to Mojo on warranty (like my last RP23 that didn’t work out the box) and I’m thinking of getting it tuned. I know the 2014 models are supposedly better and the D mode has a bit more support. Without actually riding it in working condition to know how well it works as standard should I get them to tune it for £40 while it’s there? Anyone had there’s custom tuned have any input? Thanks.

citizenlee
    Free Member

I have a 2013 Fox Float CTD BV which came with my Mega frame. After the first few rides I noticed it would always sit too low and blow through the travel, even with sag set correctly and what seemed like the correct pressure. Rather than dick about with the air can reducer kit I decided to get it Push tuned by TF and it honestly feels like a different shock now. It sits higher, tracks better on the small bumps and somehow feels bottomless when the going gets rough. No pedal bob either. There is also now a noticeable difference between C, T and D modes, although Trail now seems perfect for 90% of what I ride.

So yeah, I’d go for a custom tune 🙂

happybiker
    Free Member

Thanks, any idea what the TF tune involved, is it just reshimming?

citizenlee
    Free Member

I think the standard TF tune is just shims so would be similar to what Mojo offer, but the Push tune is a bit more involved.

You can read about the differences here:

http://www.tftuned.com/tech-help/72-push

The standard tune may be just as effective, I just wanted to treat myself as it was a new build 🙂

happybiker
    Free Member

Thanks for the link. Anyone else tuned theirs?

hairyscary

I sent mine to Avalanche tuning in America and had speed specific damping fitted. The difference was like night and day when it came back, soooo controlled over all terrain. Unfortunately I snapped the frame it was tuned to after only a month so it worked out to be a very costly experiment 🙁
    I’ve just fitted a CCDB inline to my new frame which feels good after one ride, but not as night and day as the Avalanche tune.
    Edit: the Avalanche tune did mean I lost a bit of ‘pro-pedal’ effect, but as I spin rather than mash the pedals I did not see this as a problem.

austen

I had the one on my TallboyLT Pushed, just like citizenlee, for much the same reason. I concur with his view that it’s like a completely different shock, sits up much more in it’s travel and makes the bike feel a lot more sprightly. Highly recommended.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2013 CTD and tuning.’ is closed to new replies.