Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2013 could be the year of the great comets
  • mooman
    Free Member

Something for the star gazers.
    Nothing like sitting, staring at a starry night with a glass of single malt as company.
    Ison. Comet of the century

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Typical, now that Patrick Moore has done one!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Cool, hope its brighter than halle bop, used to love looking up and seeing that. Quite a special night when I first noticed it tripping out my nut on a stoat with my mate as a teenager not knowing what it was, wonderfully misty evening! 🙂

spchantler
    Free Member

I first noticed it tripping out my nut on a stoat

what? stoats are psychoactive? how do you take them? how many? smoked? come on, tell….?

seosamh77
    Free Member

stoat = trek in glesga.

molgrips
    Free Member

riski4130
    Free Member

Didn’t comet go bust?

CountZero

Well, I’m not holding my breath in anticipation, recent comets have been somewhat less than truly spectacular, but it’s about time we had a really bright one. Problem is, these days there’s so much light pollution, you have to get well out into the country to really see the full glory, whereas a century or more ago, the night skies were really dark, even in the cities. In fact, when I was a kid, street lights went off at around 10.30-11.00pm, so you could always see the stars.

molgrips
    Free Member

Comets can be super bright, enough to obliterate any light pollution. Recent ones just weren’t, that’s all, due to the physics rather than any nostalgic reasons.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2013 could be the year of the great comets’ is closed to new replies.