Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2012 XT M785 Replacement Brake Pads
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Hi Y’all,
    I need some replacement pads for my 2012 XT brakes.(Which BTW are awesome) I’m currently running the metal pads that came as stock with the brakes. Anyone recommend some cheaper alternatives to the Shimano replacement ones? i’ve used Uberbike for replacement pads for my old Avids and always pleased with them.
    Should i stick with Shimano or go for sintered or Kevlar alternatives? Any advice?

cp

superstar sintered have been very good in mine – very good power and incredibly long lasting in peak district grime!

Superficial
    Free Member

Ditto but for Superstar Kevlar.

I’m not convinced that particular brakes need particular pad compounds. If sintered pads work well in the prevailing conditions you mostly ride in, get some of those in the right shape to fit the brake and all is gravy.

There are plenty of ‘which Superstar pads’ topics for you to peruse.

zelak999
    Free Member

Thanks folks.

andyrm
    Free Member

Go with the Superstar ones. 4 pairs for £22!

nosedive
    Free Member

superstar sintered have been a fine replacement for me. They dont come with a new pin though, anyone found a cheap source for these (hoping to replace the split pins on the SLX brakes I have)

jamest
    Free Member

Personally have found the superstars stopped me well but howled a lot, original shimano ones did not do this. I will look for an alternative brand next time I replace

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2012 XT M785 Replacement Brake Pads’ is closed to new replies.