Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2012 stumpjumper bottom bracket query.
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all.

I’ve just bought a 2012 stumpy comp evo and I’m led to believe they have a press fit bottom bracket or bb30 ?

Is it possible to run a normal shimano chainset on one of these or am I stuck with the specialized one.

Cheers.

Steve

Tracey

Yes you can we have been running XT on Kevins Stumpjumper and on Abigales Enduro. Dont know what make the bottom brackets are though.

breninbeener

I have just bought a Praxis bb converter for one of those frames. It came well recommended after i asked on here about 10 days ago. I havnt fitted it yet.

eshershore
    Free Member

The praxxis MTB conversion bb will accommodate bb30 and pf30 using the supplied sleeve and reduces id to 24mm for ht2 cranks

trusty

Pretty sure it’s a pf30, mine is although it’s the 2014 model which I’m sure is the same. I used a wheels manufacturing adapter so I could run sram gxp cranks. They do one that fits Shimano cranks as well. If not all manufacturers make cranks for pf30 bottom brackets

dufusdip
    Free Member

Praxxis work with the hollowtech 2 cranks that are 24mm. They were really helpful and although I thought I had a BB30 on SJ Carbon Evo, they checked and pretty sure they told me it was PF30 on the 2014 model.

eshershore
    Free Member

I went through 4 stumpjumper 29’er hardtail frames in 3 years due to cracks (Spesh were great with warranty)

Depending on what was left in the warranty stock I went from BB30 to PF30 to BB30 and back to PF30 even though each frame looked identical in terms of the external mould, they had obviously changed the BB spec. at some point

the last frame with the PF30 had to have the Praxxis fitted with fibre grip friction paste at the shell was slightly oversized causing the Praxxis to creak / move when fitted with waterproof grease as was recommended by Praxxis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2012 stumpjumper bottom bracket query.’ is closed to new replies.