Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2012 Shimano XT Details
  • edd

New Shimano Deore XT groupset for 2012 on Bike Radar.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

looks very nice

bigyinn
    Free Member

Interesting the brake calipers are now 2 piece rather than the current 1 piece. Presumably cheaper to make?
    Rear mech with the 2 tension settings seems a bit gimmiky though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Interesting the brake calipers are now 2 piece rather than the current 1 piece. Presumably cheaper to make?

Possibly but SLX (2-pc) seemed just as powerful (if not more so) than XT, so perhaps they found there wasn’t much advantage?

Good that they’ve got hinges on the brake lever clamps at last.

Not mad on the overall aesthetics though.

fbk
    Free Member

That XTR “Shadow Plus” jobbie sounds a bit odd – more tension during the ride then switch it off to make wheel removal easier?

The XT stuff does look nice though. Hopefully the price reduction will bring Sram stuff down too 🙂

carbon337
    Free Member

A full set of 1×10 please 🙂

Cassette, mech, shifter and Ill be sorted with that lot.

foxyrider
    Free Member

don’t like the brake levers but the rest looks nice 🙂 Inline with teh XTR grp set me thinks 🙂

AlexSimon

ha – that’s funny, I like the brake levers, but really don’t like the chainset.
    A double 40-28T or 38-26T would be perfect though with a 36 on the back. hmmmm

tang
    Free Member

Nice looking I think, how the black will last on the cranks, not sure. That double chainset will be on my list,

PJM1974
    Free Member

A price reduction is long overdue. Hopefully Mr Fox and Messrs Rockshox will take note too.

JustGoRide
    Free Member

Am I missing something or are there a few alfine stylee XT internal gear hubs in that box!

Mister-P
    Free Member

See on the label it says DH-T? That stands for Dyno Hub – Trekking.

AlexSimon

Hub dynamos I think. Mentioned in the article anyway.

racefaceec90

would definitely consider changing to it (after my 9 speed xt wears out/funds allow)

mrmo
    Free Member

i wonder if the Q factor on the double chainsets will be lower, or are they basically triple chainsets with no big ring?

Silver looks ok, black looks crap IMO.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Interesting that the parallel push V Brakes went with the M760, wonder why, as they were much improved over the original M735 (?) rattly ones.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2012 Shimano XT Details’ is closed to new replies.