Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2012 RockShox Reba RLT … Setup ?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

The manual is the worst ever ! It’s on the edge of the bin.

Nothing that I can find on the SRAM site of any use.

Anyone here know how to set it set up properly. The rider whos bike they are on weighs 70kg.

Any links or know how out there.

Please share if you know 🙂

blahblahblah
    Free Member

I have a Revelation RLT Ti but it’s still a Rockshox air fork with an awful manul 🙂

I found that a Rockshox air fork with generous sag (33%) dives and blows through its travel A LOT. Consequently I run my 130mm Rev with only 20 – 25% sag, when standing on the bike in an attack position.

Then I added rebound damping. I just started slowing the fork while bouncing it in the carpark. I eyeball my rebound to get it the way I like it. Somewhere between medium and slow. I can certainly hear a lot of oil running through the ports as the fork extends – it slurps.

Finally I just muck about with my compression dial to control how active my fork is. I adjust it while riding quite a lot. I use between 3 and 5 clicks regularly, depending on the terrain. 5 for smooth, man made, swoopy stuff. 3 for rough stuff where the fork needs to be a bit more active. Less than three clicks can allow the fork to dive a little to much under braking on descents.

Oh and floodgate on full. Hope that helps a little.

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks.blahblahblah

We went out earlier on a small loop.

Ran:

+60psi to get the sag right.
    -50psi

Apparently it seemed OK.

Fiddled back to
    +90

Going to try:
    +70
    +60

On next ride.

@blahblahblah
    Can I use a synopsis of your words on my blog. So I got a record 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have some older (07) Reba’s and some 09 Pikes, both dual air.

The manuals all state you should balance both the positive and negative pressures, but whenever i do that i find both forks have a tendency to ‘suck down’ on repeated hits. I tend to run the negative at 15psi lower than the positive and fiddle about with the rebound til it’s right.

blahblahblah
    Free Member

Yeah sure, take what you want down, no problems.

Sounds like you’re heading in the right direction. I forgot to mention that I also run a little less negative pressure than on the positive side.

How did the fork feel at 90/-70? What weight are you and what travel do you have the Reba set to?

Another comment I could make. Stiffly sprung with a fair amount of low speed compression will lose a little bit of small bump compliance but will handle rough stuff well. It will actually help you fatigue less on rough trails. Softer, more compliant forks will be more sensitive and help with traction when wet but get uncontrolled in rough and/ or steep terrain.

I favor the former rather than the latter but I batter into stuff in a somewhat cavalier manner.

LoCo
    Free Member

Have look at the setup guide for a bit of info:

http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

When setting the pos. and neg. chambers it’s best to let all the air out of the neg. chamber then the pos. one and refill Pos then neg.

I usually set them equal and increase or decrease the pressures in 5 psi increments to suit the riders needs. (and the RS figures are a bit on the stiff side for most people too)

Hope that helps a bit 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2012 RockShox Reba RLT … Setup ?’ is closed to new replies.