Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2012 Rockshox Reba RLT 29er
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Evening all,

I was all set to buy a pair of 2013 Revelation 140 and get a 120mm cartridge.

I would ideally like 120mm travel as i think it would suit my riding better, but…………..

Im seriously considering 2012 Rockshox Reba RLT 29er’s for my Solaris, that are only 100mm.

Got two concerns:

1) Can you convert them from the 100mm to 120mm?

2) Are they tough enough for trail riding?

Thanks yawl.

Alan.

bol

1. No
    2. Yes

The Solaris is great at 100mm. There aren’t a lot of 120mm options in the ’12 rockshox range, but more in 2013.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Cheers bol.

Looking at the 2013 RS line up and other that 1 x Sid’s i cant see any others that are 120?

Clink

They did 120mm Rebas in 2011 (I think) but the new stuff seems to be largely Rebas at 100mm or Revs at 140mm. Leaves a bit of a gap @ 120mm??

MuddyDave
    Free Member

Unless they’ve changed it this year though all you do is pull the fork apart and pop a space in to lower the travel. It’s always possible that some 100mm REBA (maybe the older ones) are 120mm anyway but already spaced down. Certainly I’ve had this on some 26er REBA’s from Merlin that I got for a mate.

If nothing has changed the the Revs will almost certainly come with spacers. Solo air may have changed this, not had one apart yet.

Actually looking at the SRAM site it does indicate that REBAs are 80/100/120 so I suspect the spacer still applies

bol

I assumed you can space the Revs down, but maybe not? In 2012 there weren’t any revs available in the UK and everything else was 100. Most disappointing it was.

nuke

I’m sure Loco commented on another thread that you can’t change the travel in 2013 solo air forks without changing some of the gubbins inside.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I spoke to 18bikes about it, they said i would need to buy a 120mm cartridge at a cost of £90 to change the 140’s to 120mm.

At least that way they would be even stiffer with + 20mm more stantion in the lower 🙂

Looking at £620 all in though – Ouch!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

MuddyDave –

‘Actually looking at the SRAM site it does indicate that REBAs are 80/100/120 so I suspect the spacer still applies’

I just noticed that too.

Strange that in 2011 they did a 120mm, 2012 only 100mm, then back to 80/100/120mm in 2013???

The mind bogles!

MuddyDave
    Free Member

Yeah, just downloaded the Spare parts list for 2013 models and it says the all travel spacer is not suitable to 2012 Solo Air so I’m sure that applies to 2013 as well. Bummer. Buy the old stock now!

v10
    Free Member

Only two off the peg 120 29er forks for 2013 are as follows:

RS8238004 SID RCT3 – Solo Air 29″ MaxleLite15 Black Motion Control DNA 3-Position Alum Str TAPER (120mm max travel )

RS8239006 SID XX – Solo Air 29″ MaxleLite15 White Motion Control DNA XLoc Remote Right Alum Str TAPER (120mm max travel )

The new internals that you would need to change travel on 2013 revs retail at 74.99 and would be either of these (its just a top cap colour choice).

RockShox Spring Internals Left SoloAir Revelation 26/29″/650B Black 120mm (w/Top Cap & Knob) (Not Compatible w/DualAir CSU)
    R8010074

RockShox Spring Internals Left SoloAir Revelation 26/29″/650B Silver 120mm (w/Top Cap & Knob) (Not Compatible w/DualAir CSU)
    R8010075

Bit of a PITA with the new system – the old spacers were great!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Here they are! – 2013 Rockshox Revelation Solo Air RCT3 140 – soon to be 120mm.

letmetalktomark

Looks good 🙂

ska-49
    Free Member

Looks great! I need these forks for the yelli.
    May I ask where you got them and how much?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cheap here

use code 7YEARS for another 10% off

they do next day delivery as well, from France for less than £25

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

ska-49

Winstanleys – £520 posted, they had 20% off.

dirtyrider – That shop would be £520 in total too then……..

That link info is incorrect:

Adjustable travel by internal spacer.

Dual Air

With independently adjustable positive and negative air spring chambers, Dual Air is race or trail ready, highly tunable, and one of the lightest air spring systems on the market.

They are actually Solo Air.

RS only do 2 Revelation 29er forks:

Solo Air in white RRP. £650

Dual Position in black RRP. £750

At least getting them from a UK shop means any future Warranty claims will be dealt with in the UK……….

1981miked
    Free Member

Looks ace mate….

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Revs are great but 120mm felt too much on the Solaris for me.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

🙂 Cheers mate. Just got to fit my Ice-Tech rotors / finned pads and Silicone grips.

Getting Spokes to cut steerer and fit SFN tomorrow morning at 9:30 if yer free to swing by?

Used to riding a Santa Cruz Nomad with 160mm travel, so should be ok – Iv’e just sold it BTW! 🙂

ska-49
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.
    Post up some pics when its done!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2012 Rockshox Reba RLT 29er’ is closed to new replies.