Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2012 Reba 29er- can the travel be altered to 120mm?
  • chopchop
    Free Member

These ones- http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-reba-rlt-29er-2012.html

I’ve seen some conflicting advice searching the webs, some say they wont go over 100mm. I couldn’t find a 2012 specific sram tech doc. The 2011 service guide says that it can go to 120mm.

bol

Sadly not

chopchop
    Free Member

Ok,cheers. The search continues…

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

You may be able to!

Can you see markings on the stanchion for 120mm of travel? If yes then they can, I bought a set of the 26 ones a while back whihc stated 80mm only but they had the markings on so my lbs set them up for 120mm.

coopersport1
    Free Member

I called TFtuned on this exact issue as I was looking for forks for the Rockstar. Their answer was no 100mm ones can’t be lenghtened to 120mm. However the very few official 120mm Rebas can be reduced but they’re hard to find now.

chopchop
    Free Member

What fork did you fit instead coopersport?

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

So how could I have bought and 80mm travel fork and then had it lengthened to 120mm, with the sag marks on the stanchion?

Also it was done by an ex SRAM tech!

chopchop
    Free Member

Ashley, are yours the same forks as in the OP? I haven’t bought them, so can’t comment on any stantion markings.

bol

26″ and 29″ are different. 29″, sadly not. I have some. I know.

tazzymtb

pre 2011 reba 29ers could be extended with the removal of the all travel spacer system. Later models were 120 or 80-100.

chopchop
    Free Member

Conclusive then, 120mm not possible.

http://www.oneclicksports.co.uk/suntour-fork-epicon-lite-100mm-p-35899.html

Are these any good, they can be set at 120mm supposedly.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

2013 Sids come in 120mm form if you are feeling flush.

chopchop
    Free Member

Definately looking at the budget end of the scale so the Sids are out.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

chopchop – We are in the same boat my friend! 🙂

Im hovering over the ‘buy’ box for the same forks, same store.

Just put a post up about this issue – then spotted yours!

Im not convinced the 100mm travel would be enough for the riding i do, especially Laggan Wolftrax……..

Cant believe there is such a gap in RS’s line up – i would have thought 120mm would have been the most popular for trail riding.

Might just get 2013 Revelation Solo Air 140’s and get a 120mm cartridge, at least i know they will be tough enough, at a cost though 🙁

Winstanleys currently doing the for £520, but the cartridge is another £90!

Big-Pete
    Free Member
    chopchop
    Free Member

Alan, yes a right PITA with the lack of 120mm forks available. I’ve got a set of recons that I’ll stretch out to 120mm but they’re qr and very heavy so I’m wanting to upgrade soon. Those revs are too pricey for me ATM.

Big Pete, cheers but really want to get Maxle forks.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2012 Reba 29er- can the travel be altered to 120mm?’ is closed to new replies.