Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2012 Lapierre Zesty 314
  • faaz
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Or could anyone be kind enough to find some decent reviews?

Long story short (dont ask) it’s this week only (until monday) to buy a bike from Evans Cycles and I am not sure what to go for. It’s got to be in stock, and around the 1800-2500 mark. Preferably size 19/large, though it’ll be for all mountain use.

So far the 314 looks the best specced and they are really nice bikes to ride, http://www.evanscycles.com/products/lapierre/zesty-314-2012-mountain-bike-ec031531

Also it looks like a 5k bike…!!

Let me know what you reckon, and any reviews from other sites would be appreciated.

rewski
    Free Member

Faaz – search the forum, there’s was a thread about this bike last week. I have a 2010 514, awesome do it al bike.

timmys

You won’t find much in the way of reviews of the 2012 bikes yet. The 314 looks lovely this year, the only thing that sticks out to me is that is has a QR fork rather than a 15/20mm job.

chakaping
    Free Member

someone posted their pics and report on a new 314 this week, have a search

faaz
    Free Member

I did find that thread actually, looked really decent, thanks for that.

I think for the money it is very well specced, compare it to the 514, you lose 800grams OK, but downgrade to SLX chainset as opposed to xtr rear mech, XT chainset all round. Also revelation’s on the 514 as opposed to rlc’s.

I may be getting one built up for a try and if it’s nice I may well buy it, then. It fits my needs perfectly.

thanks all

rewski
    Free Member

Does the 514 still have carbon rear?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

it does look really nice that 314 – cant understand the QR front though really….

i think the 514 is now full carbon frame, hence the downgrade on other components! the 314 does indeed look nice though

gotta be a better canyon alternative for the same money though surely?

chakaping
    Free Member

gotta be a better canyon alternative for the same money though surely?

VFM definitely but what price do you put on havign the right geometry?

flyingfox
    Free Member

I thought the new 314 really moved things on this year. I didn’t feel much differences between the years previously however. So far, all the changes they made have all made sense. I did a wee ”review” of the Lapierre Zesty 314 a while ago.

faaz
    Free Member

Nice one Fox, thanks for that. Going to see/ride it later today, doubt I will be disappointed as I have never owned a full sus.

One large issue is flats or SPD’s though? Because I currently ride SPD’s on my Rockhopper, but this is a bit more ‘all mountain’ and I don’t know if I would see the benefits when going down, rather than up. However, I have tried switching to flats and I just don’t feel as secure any more. Probably will go SPD’s but food for thought huh.

TheFopster
    Free Member

SPDs on my 214 until I rode into a tree at speed. Now on flats to facilitate emergency evacuation

faaz
    Free Member

haha, my m520’s seem to sense danger coming and unclip me 😆

Think i’ll stick with ’em 🙂

toonfan
    Free Member

I use Spd’s on my 514..Not sure i could go back to flats now..

chakaping
    Free Member

I saw one of these in the bike shop today. Stunning bike. It was parked next to a 2012 Foxy RR – also sexy in black and gold and costing twice as much – but I think the Zesty edged it lookswise.

Felt like the frame has lost a bit of weight also.

skintbinlid
    Free Member

i just took delivery of one of these today…. so i thought i had best register on a suitable forum.

delighted with my new machine. i purchased the Large model and i love the way it looks and it seems to suit my long legs and arms (6ft tall)

1st test ride made a classic newbie mistake and realised the front brake lever was on the left. doh!

Can’t wait to get back in to my riding… (my old / current steed is a 1999 Marin Nail trail) and look forward to the full sus plushness.

Sorry i don’t have any other suitable feedback to offer regarding this purchase.. but hey at least i have found this forum

kind regards

skintbinlid

(Wiltshire, United Kingdom)

p.s thanks to flyingfox for the mini review. it helped with my purchasing decision. cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2012 Lapierre Zesty 314’ is closed to new replies.