Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2012 Golf Blue Motion – what bike rack?
  • transapp
    Free Member

New company car had arrived and I’d like to buy a bike rack for it. Problem is, it has a small spoiler so I’m not sure what racks will actually fit it. Best looking rack I’ve spotted is a Thule 9105 as this would also fit Mrs transapps A6, however the website imply that hatchbacks with a spoiler is a no win.
    I’d prefer not to go down the roof bar route as I won’t be keeping the car for that long, plus would need a separate rack for the A6 which I’m too tight to buy! Any thoughts?

Cougar

http://www.roofbox.co.uk is all you need to know. Trust your Uncle Cougar.

Cougar

would need a separate rack for the A6

You’d just need a separate foot pack, non?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Saris Bones should fit if there is enough clearance under the spoiler to get the upper straps through – you’d probably only need a couple of cm.

Even if not there is a conversion kit you can get for cars with glass tailgates that substitutes the little clips at the end of the straps for foam rollers that go into the gap around the tailgate. They should work provided you’ve got enough clearance for the webbing strap to go through under the spoiler.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve got a saris bones 3, worked with my 60 plate bluemotion golf estate.

I only got the rack due to the fact I’d had 5 company cars in the space of 2 years and needed something that was adaptable.

Now of course i’ve got a new job and dont need the bloomin thing. More than happy to part with it if you wanna make me an offer 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

How about buying a bag from duffbag and putting the bike inside the car ?

Monster Bag (rear wheel on, front wheel off) fits inside an A3 with seats down which is smaller than a Golf.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2012 Golf Blue Motion – what bike rack?’ is closed to new replies.