Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2012 Exposure lights – likey !
  • iainc

well I have had 2 proper night rides with my 2012 Maxx D and must say I’m mighty impressed with it 🙂 combined with 2011 Joystick on the helmet, I am now cable free simplicity ! It’s a big step up in light from the Hope 4 that it replaced, and seeing as I have the Joystick bar mount on my cx bike, I can now stick the Maxx D on there as well for road use in the dark.

Yes, I know I could have bought a dozen imported magicshines and torches which would probably be nearly as bright, but I do love the simplicity and neat machining of Exposure

GJP
    Free Member

I am not regular night rider so can’t really comment on beam patterns and throw etc. But I love my Toro and Joystick on the bar and helmet for their simplicity. Tempted by a Max D. I really couldn’t be ar$ed with importing torches and waiting weeks to save a few quid.

scratch
    Free Member

Picked up a s/h 2010 Maxx-D Mk3, first ride out with it last night (post work century on the road) stupid idea…loved the light though.

I had 5 years with my old Lumi, fantastic company to deal with but when it came to upgrading I really liked the cable free simplicity of the Exposure.

I dunno, the magic shines looked great but I use the light every day throughout the winter on a 25mile commute, I kind of felt I could trust the Exposure more than some of the Chinese torches.

Just need another QR for the CX and I’m sorted, I’ve not looked forward to the winter this much for ages!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t think I could go back to separate battery packs and cables and all that faff. Really like exposure.

iainc

yep, I know they cost, but they really are good

Coleman
    Free Member

Yep. Cans are deffo the way to go!

Plus a light sabre handlebar grip of course!

RealMan
    Free Member

*dribbles*

Vortexracing

I’ve been bugering about with home made stuff for about th last 3 years or so.

last month I took the plunge and bought a Diablo for my head.

Really impressed with it and again really enjoying the cable free rising.

jimification
    Free Member

I really like the Exposure lights. I have an old Maxx D (mk2, I think) have been very happy with it. My only complaint is that it’s so bright the joystick I used with it doesn’t make much of an impression! I took care of that, though – lost my joystick, which is a bummer but did give me a good excuse for a new purchase…

I just received a 2012 Diablo mk3 in the post. Very impressed! Similar brightness to the mk2 Maxx D on full but not as wide a beam. Comparing it side by side with a joystick in the back garden last night was interesting: Although the diablo only lasts 1 hour on full power, even on medium (3 hour burn time) it’s still quite a bit brighter than the joystick on full (also 3 hours). In fact, the diablo on low is not *that* much dimmer than the joytick on full. The beam is also slighly more yellow than the joystick, which I find a bit nicer on the eyes. The joystick I was using to compare is around 2 years old though, so the new ones are probably slightly brighter.

I still think Joysticks are great lights but if you are considering one, it may be worth paying a bit extra to get the diablo depending on what you want from it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2012 Exposure lights – likey !’ is closed to new replies.