Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2012 discounting…..
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

…so I see that a few 2013 models are now appearing. When will the 2012 discounting start in earnest? Toying with a purchase but know that (sod’s law) the discounts will be introduced immediately after I bite the bullet.

wrecker
    Free Member

Normally around September I think.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Depends on the manufacturer, when their product launch is, how much stock they’ve got left etc. Sometimes as early as July, unless it’s a spring launch, then Jan/Feb.

awh
    Free Member

If you really want a specific bike I’d say go for it now. I waited from around August 2011 to April 2012 to get a Remedy as there were none in XL in the country! And there aren’t going to be any more until the 2013 models arrive.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep it depends exactly what you want. Go and ask the shop that sells it…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

awh – yes, that’s the dilemma!!

AlexSimon

Depends what you want – this is already discounted:
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s1p4261

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

LBS was already discounting 2012 Cannondale road bikes more than Pauls.

I guess we’ll get more ‘bargains’ this year as European distributors ship their stock here as they probably bought based on a price agreed this time last year, and since then the £’s gone up Vs euros so 25% off in £ is a better price for them than the same discound in euro’s as the UK price is probably 15% more now.

njee20
    Free Member

since then the £’s gone up Vs euros so 25% off in £ is a better price for them than the same discound in euro’s as the UK price is probably 15% more now.

**BOOM**

That’s my head exploding as I try to get my head around that 😉

Not all companies are based on European distributors, but I take what you’re saying.

awh
    Free Member

The bike shop where I got my Remedy from said that Trek had got their sums wrong and weren’t expecting the current level of demand. (I think this applied to lots of other manufacturers). There wouldn’t be any more top end 2012 bikes imported and the 2013 arrival dates were having to be brought forward to meet the summer demand.

njee20
    Free Member

That’s always the case frankly. Trek did screw up a bit this year – things like the Superfly hardtails were sold out many times over and they had to get more stock from the US allocation.

druidh
    Free Member

Lots of manufacturers have been caught out by demand. Some are skipping 2012 models and going straight to 2013. 29ers seem to be the worst affected/east available, especially from those companies who are only really getting into it this year.

The other thing to watch is the specification of the kit. For the last couple of years, prices have either stayed the same or gone up slightly while kit level has often dropped.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I think quite a few brands have been caught napping this year. Stock was kept tight due to the unstable financial climate but bike sales didn’t drop away like expected. So I would say if you see the bike you want in stock just buy it. Haggle obviously, but don’t wait for the price to drop because there is a real chance you may miss out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2012 discounting…..’ is closed to new replies.