Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 2012 / 2013 Winter – Lights Thread
  • the_lecht_rocks

What light you using this winter ?

Venerable Hope Vision LED4 here… More than sufficient….

footflaps

I’ve not upgraded for years, so still on first generation Lupine Wilma 5 on the bars at a poxy 700/800 lumens (can’t remember what it was). I still have a HID light somewhere, don’t suppose anyone uses them these days!

EDIT: If I do upgrade it will be one of Smudges monsters…

the_lecht_rocks

Smudge ?

trout
    Free Member

Smudge = http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk

I use one of these

the_lecht_rocks

Trout, wtf ??

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’ve not upgraded for years, so still on first generation Lupine Wilma 5 on the bars at a poxy 700/800 lumens (can’t remember what it was).

Huuuge amount of light. I’m still using a Lupine Passubio which IIRC is about 370 lumens on max. Going to have to upgrade both because its a bit dim now, and because all my mates have upgraded so I can’t see a thing when they are riding behind me.

To be completely unfashionable I will probably go for a 2013 Hope R4 because:
    1) Its got more than enough power
    2) I like the idea of a separate battery and head unit as I reckon its less susceptible to damage in a pile up
    3) It’s made by Hope which means it will still be going in 5 years and if anything does go wrong it will be fixed without an issue
    4) The price of £225 with the new standard battery is about right for my pocket

dreednya

Hope HID with a trout 3 LED conversion pumping out 1200 lumens max and a Nukeproof 900 lumen jobby for the bars.

Quite fancy a troutie spidereyes though 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Just treated me to one of those £28 P7 lights, waiting on delivery, so fingers crossed its ok. Will probably weatherproff it a little before use though.
    Then the Cateye triple shot will be promoted to helmet torch, once I’ve sussed out how to mount it!

jam-bo

Just bought a smudge lumenator and then the batteries for my l&m arc turned up.

So I’ll be running the arc on the bars and the lumenator on my lid.

rOcKeTdOg

3rd year on a trout liberator

rc200f8
    Free Member

Trout Liberator 3.0 on the bars & a Trout diy 1800 lumen kit on the head – still makes me grin with both on full whack!

shortcut

Four4th Holy Moses on the bars and a Four4th Genesis 3 spot in the helmet.

cooie

the_lecht_rocks, I see you are selling your Vision 4. Troutie does a conversion for £90.Takes it to 2000 lumens.

labsey
    Free Member

I use one of these

A cat?

therag
    Free Member

£36 Chinese no name job on the lid and a £80 Chinese job on the bars. They havnt done much for our economy, but i can see where I’m going 🙂
    Well, exept in last nights fog!

landcruiser
    Free Member

I still use my Light & Motion HID on the bars. Not as bling bright as some of the newer led stuff but still pretty good and good beam focus and depth. Cannot really justify changing unless it fails. oh..and a mk2 joystick, helmet mounted.

radoggair
    Free Member

cree lights again for me with an action LED lights wide angle lens. More than enough, especially with one as a helmet light

martinxyz
    Free Member

<awaiting a smudge light..

yunki
    Free Member

awaiting a smudge light..

me too

P20

Me, old hope4 on bars. Its been like that for years. Possibly an XML torch on head…
    Wor lass, XML eBay job on bars and newer (tighter beam) XML ebay job on head

bentudder

Nightlightning iBlaast II with a brand new and lovely Smudge battery (Top service, by the way – lovely bloke to deal with). It must be four years old now. Still works. $12 dealextreme job as a helmet light. I commute and night ride year round, so it’s pretty standard stuff, and has paid for itself several times over.

JoeG
    Free Member

Ay Up V4 that I bought this time last year.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ay-up v4 for both me and the Mrs.

Has trout taken to using nvg?

the_lecht_rocks

i’m happy with the power of my hope vision but prefer a helmet mount [ooooh errrr] and it’s just a wee bit to heavy for extended rides……..or i just MTFU…….

there seem to be more powerful lighter helmet mountable units now available with beter battery life…

jam-bo

awaiting a smudge light..

got mine this morning. looks good, testing it in anger tonight once the boy is in bed.

mrmo
    Free Member

using a three year old Ayup v4, might look at upgrading the lights sometime, probably next year though.

M6TTF
    Free Member

gloworm x2 from danny, very pleased with it too – although im looking forward to adding the new x1 on my noggin

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘2012 / 2013 Winter – Lights Thread’ is closed to new replies.