Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2011 Speacialized Enduro Rear Axle Options
  • dan45a
    Free Member

Hi, I’m thinking of building up a 2011 specialized enduro but put off by the QR dropout setup on the rear. Anyone know what options there are to get to a 12mm or 10mm bolt through and how well that works. I have hope pro2 evo hubs so can change easily to what is needed.

Anyone got a any feedback of how these options run.

currently running an orange alpine 160 with a 12×135 maxle so want a setup somewhere near as stiff as that. cheers.

mrplow
    Free Member

Could put on a set of 2012 seatstays for a 142 rear end. Doubt it will make any real difference.

honourablegeorge

I used an Azonic 12mm to 10mm stepdown axle on my Demo for years, was spot on. Will allow you to use your 12×135 wheel in QR dropouts.

tmb467
    Free Member

given that the enduro has seatstays and chainstays, and the orange doesnt, there shouldnt be a need for a maxle or stiffer axle on the rear

i’ve not had a problem with stiffness (ooerr missus) on my earlier enduro

however you can get a 9mm (or 10mm if it fits) thru axle from superstar which might allay any fears you have over a qr

mrplow
    Free Member

I have an 06 enduro with QR and a 12 enduro with 142 and feel no real difference. I swap the rear wheels between the bikes – one 32 spoke flow and one 36 spoke mavic 721 build and that is where the real difference in stiffness is felt ime.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not sure if this works on the Evo hub but if it does it should stiffen it up nicely.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11825

dan45a
    Free Member

Thanks for the repsonses! sounds fine, I think the hope converison kit should do it.

I think I was getting caught up in all the must have standards for bikes!

Anyone else done this to an Enduro, feedback is welcomed. cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2011 Speacialized Enduro Rear Axle Options’ is closed to new replies.