Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 2011 RS Reba RLT: vid to show how to put more air in them
  • ElShalimo

new bike, new forks, crap manual
    I don’t think that there is enough air in them as they’ve reached full travel (I can see the dusty line on the stanchions) on pretty tame routes.
    My first air fork so not completely sure what to do – don’t want to balls it up. Has anyone got a link to a video that shows how to increase the pressure?
    cheers

GW
    Free Member

Assuming you already have a shock pump, surely you don’t need a video to tell you how to connect it to a valve? but if you really do, I’m sure Google would find one for you.
    on the left leg, at the top, under the dust cap there’s a valve (+ve chamber) and one at the bottom (-ve chamber)
    starting point pressure guidelines are printed on the fork leg, go slighly higher than recommended if you want a firmer feel. it’s down to personal preference and there’s not a lot you can do wrong.

mboy
    Free Member

Remove ALL pressure from the negative chamber first.

Pump the positive chamber up to the pressure suggested on the sticker on the leg of the fork.

Pump the negative chamber up to a pressure about 5psi less than this (works best in my experience, stops the fork travel disappearing too)

Go ride…

If it’s too firm or too soft, repeat with different pressures til you get something that feels right. You should only bottom your forks on the very biggest hits you ride, this generally means running about 30% sag when stationary with you on the bike

RustyMac

+VE air valve is located at the top of the right hand leg as you look at them like the pic in the link below (the leg with the disk mount)

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Frame++Forks/Forks++Shocks/Rockshox+Suspension+Forks/2011+Revelation+RLT+-+140mm+-+20mm+Maxle_RS-REVELATION-RLT.htm

There is a black cap with + VE marked on it with a diameter of about a 5p coin that you will need to unscrew to access the valve.

-VE air valve is located at the bottom of the same leg (the one with the disk mount) and has a small metal shrader valve cap with -VE on it.

Instructions as mboy suggests have never failed me for a ball park setup.

ElShalimo

Thanx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2011 RS Reba RLT: vid to show how to put more air in them’ is closed to new replies.