Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2011 RockShox SID RLT Ti 120mm QR15 v 2011 Fox F120 RLC QR15
  • dickie
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new set of forks for my DW Flux. Has any one tried or opinions on either of these forks?
    2011 Rock Shox SID RLT Ti 120mm QR15 (£520 Evans)
    2011 Fox F120 RLC QR15 (£665 Rutland with voucher code)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Sam underhill has just put the SIDs on his Flux, so he might be able to help. He got them from On One as they had good prices at the time.

Otherwise you would be best asking the homers on the mtbr Turner forum…

Frankers
    Free Member

Sorry can’t offer direct experience as I’m using Reba 120 Maxle on my Flux, I have rode bikes with Sid and Fox F series forks and thought they were both top notch, tbh either way you can’t go wrong.

Personally I prefer RS as I find it easy to service them myself

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks – had email from Sam, & yes he likes the RS. £499 at On One.

Pippalarge
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some of these.

Whether they turn up or not is a different matter…

PS Postage was $55 not whatever ridiculous amount is on the ebay calculator.

dickie
    Free Member

Cheers, good spot, seen a few good deals on tapered steerer forks but I need a regular 1 1/8″ steerer.

danti

+1 for RS Reba 120mm 20mm Maxle Lite (should be able to pick up some 2010 ones cheaper)

If you’re going RS then make sure they’ve got black box motion control.

Personally wouldn’t bother with 15mm axles – just Fox & Shimano doing things different, 20mm is the way to go.

c_klein87

I have sid xx’s 120mm which I bought from Merlin for 450 about 2months ago, the seem alot more responsive to small bumps than my old fox floats they replaced, the xloc lockout is also very handy for racing and general riding

uplink
    Free Member

Cheers, good spot, seen a few good deals on tapered steerer forks but I need a regular 1 1/8″ steerer.

This guy has some good deals, he’ll supply any model not just the ones he has listed
    I’ve had some in the past off him & I’ve just ordered some F29s

http://shop.ebay.com/coloradocycles/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

dickie
    Free Member

Cheers everyone.

sam_underhill

Dickie, have you bought those SIDs yet? Or are you hankering for a fox sticker on the side of your forks?

dickie
    Free Member

Just gathering all the facts & opinions before laying down the cash.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2011 RockShox SID RLT Ti 120mm QR15 v 2011 Fox F120 RLC QR15’ is closed to new replies.