Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2011 Reverb – seems to have a wobble
  • DickBarton

Was out yesterday with my 4 year old…pedalling along a flat tarmaced section of cycle path and the bike felt a bit wobbly…checked the bolts on the bike and they all felt fine, but then had a check of the saddle.

From new, the saddle has always had about a 1mm rotation in it – I can’t feel it riding and s it has done it since new I’ve not bothered with it (every Reverb I’ve ‘felt’ does this as well).

So I tried pushing the saddle and noticed that the upper section and seal appeared to move…there is definite movement that wasn’t there before.

Handing it in to the shop for a look but I’m pretty sure someone else would have experienced this…do they know what causes it? Is it just a service needing done? Has something failed or about to fail (smooth operation, now just has this waggle).

Called Fishers to get a rough idea of cost and was told nowt (as I’m not a bike shop)…but I was hoping for a ballpark figure so I knew I could cover the bill!

Cheezpleez

I have the same thing. Googling suggests its a plastic bushing in the top cap that needs replacing. Cheapest place to buy seems to be bike.discount.de
    I’ve ordered a top cap assembly and plan to do the job myself. I’ll post again once I’ve had a go.

DickBarton

Ah, my googling powers are clearly mince…don’t suppose you have any links I could oggle please?

DickBarton

Perfect, thanks.

DickBarton

The black version is the same but black…and 5 somethings (cents?) cheaper…or is it different?

DickBarton

Just watched the video…it seems to suggest a lot more needs to be replaced than just the top cap…although looking at the video, my top cap is the cause of the wobble…not as bad as the video demo but not far off it!

Cheezpleez

The vid shows a complete service but the play is down to tha top bushing. I’m gambling on getting away with just replacing the top cap. I’m also hoping the black and silver are the same inside. We’ll see.

lerk
    Free Member

There’s another bush at the bottom of the inner post too… and that bush runs against the ridges of the outer post that keep the inner from rotating.

I currently have 1-2mm of steadily worsening fore/aft play although no rotational play (that would be caused by the brass key’s being worn/incorrectly sized), caused in all likelihood by me being a fat knacker.

My plan is to unscrew the top cap and test for play in there before ordering parts – in fact in theory, if you only have fore/aft and no side-to-side play loosening the top cap through 90 degrees should highlight this part as requiring replacement.

DickBarton

Update (for anyone bored!). Went to shop and they sent it back to Fisher on 14th. On 20th the service note says it is being replaced with a 2013 unit…been chased up over last few days (since last Wednesday) as no sign of arriving in shop.

Chased to day and they are out of stock and not getting any in until 7th.

Slightly annoyed at lack of communication (about no stock) and then getting fobbed off with being told it had been dispatched…however, chuffed it is being replaced.

So if anyone has got any warranty work on their reverb and it needs replaced…it won’t be done for another fortnight as the new stock isn’t here yet…

Cheezpleez

I did the top cap replacement – it was simple and has cured my wobble.

I replaced my black top cap with a silver one from bikediscount.de and the only difference was the colour.

mrelectric

I’ve posted before about the 3 times my 2011 model went back to Canyon then SRAM. Yes it wasn’t quick on two occasions as far as I recall but I did get a new one the last time (which soon had the same for & aft and side to side play) .

It wasn’t the same bike without an uppy downy post but allowed me to “feel the benefit” again and again each time it came back….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2011 Reverb – seems to have a wobble’ is closed to new replies.