Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • 2011 Remedy 9.9 = £6500
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member
    bikerbruce
    Free Member

new bike i want for pissing about on..

loddrik
    Free Member

I'd rather buy a motorbike FFS…

klunky
    Free Member

It doesnt even come with spokes!

druidh
    Free Member

I'm not sure of my size, so I've ordered two

Kuco

Shame it's not their Alpha Red Aluminium frame as I have a dislike of carbon for mtb's. Else I would have ordered one.

brakes
    Free Member

shame it's not their 24ct gold diamond encrusted frame as I have a dislike of carbon for mtbs, else I would have ordered one

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Tee hee
    Actually you are not far wrong, reminds me of a calc I did a while ago
    Silver (todays price)= £382/kilo
    Remedy 9.9 = £520/kilo

br
    Free Member

And a 142mm wide rear hub – is this some new standard that has past me by?

psychle
    Free Member

fork doesn't even come with the Kashima coating…

akira

142mm new standard but can be converted to normal rear qr, Kashima coating is not going on 2011 OEM forks I think.

nickegg
    Free Member

Kashima coating will be on 2012 OEM forks.

akira

😉

psychle
    Free Member

ahhh… I see!

dano
    Free Member

And after 1 muddy ride it will be worth £3000 and look trashed…

IainGillam
    Free Member

It would appear that trek is behind it's main rivals in this price bracket, the CRF450, KXF450, SX450 and the YZ450 all make around 53.999 horsepower more at peak power…
    Iain

SuperScale20
    Free Member

What can you do inflation, give it 3 years that will £8k-£10k easy.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

And someone said there's a recession on

Jamie
    Free Member

There is….I can't afford it.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Next month in the classifieds you'll buy one from ton for a fiver 😉

SinbadLL
    Free Member

Obscene its a bike FFS

highclimber
    Free Member

6.5k……ouch

rs
    Free Member

who the hell is going to pay 6.5k for a trek, its quite nice but maybe 3.5-4k nice!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

yeah, definitely no one on here it would seem

warpcow
    Free Member

I read this yesterday and didn't get it at all (the post that is). Took me until now to realise it says thousand, not hundred 😳

leggyblonde
    Free Member

stop press! there are some expensive bikes on the market! 🙄

theflatboy
    Free Member

leggyblonde – Member
    stop press! there are some expensive bikes on the market!

i'm all for fancy expensive bikes, but surely nobody can look at the price without doing a doubletake?

BigDummy
    Free Member

This sort of thing is so obviously divorced from any sane idea of value for money that there must be something behind it other than actually selling the bike.

Presumably there are a handful of investment bankers who will actually buy one for personal use, and the rest of it is so that they can say that a £3,000 bike "shares many featrures with the range topping £6,500 model". How many will they even make do we think? 300?

jonb
    Free Member

I know people own sports cars for track days, 6.5k is perfectly affordable for some people. It also lets Trek showcase what they can do if they are not limited to mediocre budgets like my own.

theflatboy
    Free Member

but it's not so much a case of whether people can afford it but why you would bother, other than just to show off. and personally a trek wouldn't be that high on my list of showing off bikes even if i was that way inclined.

for half that money you could get an amazing bike – a dream bike to many people.

mildred

Why is the 2011 one better than this one?

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/119043.html

Even accounting for inflation I can't see an extra £1.5k on the 2011 model (I can't see £5k on the 2010 model to be fair)

leggyblonde
    Free Member

surely nobody can look at the price without doing a doubletake?

for a top of the range full-sus? wouldn't bat an eye, there are plenty of stock road bikes that cost that and more.

While I'm no where near being able to afford that trek, I can't afford a 200k car or 10mil house either and don't think that they would be worth a similar reaction either,

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

All that money and no, reflectors, . . . shocking!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Do you think its good value for money ms leggy?

theflatboy
    Free Member

leggyblonde – Member

surely nobody can look at the price without doing a doubletake?

for a top of the range full-sus? wouldn't bat an eye, there are plenty of stock road bikes that cost that and more.

While I'm no where near being able to afford that trek, I can't afford a 200k car or 10mil house either and don't think that they would be worth a similar reaction either,

you must move in vastly different circles to me, then – i used to work in mayfair and even the people who could afford £200k cars would definitely bat an eyelid when one drove past. on the grounds you mention, i'd be interested to know how many of trek's competitors are offering off the peg mountain bikes that are anywhere near that money.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I bought a £4k bike 4 years ago (a 110 Top Fuel) and I think I've had value for money out of it. But now it's sarting to get very tired and I am no longer replacing bits with XTR. I've even chucked on an SLX rear mech and to be honest, it works! If I wasn't poor, I'd love a Whyte E-120 team, but reality means I'll probably get the XT version. THe XT version is still a lot of money (especially if you haven't got much) but if you use it lots or £6500 isn't much to you, then why not!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

it's MR leggy 😉 it's probably not fantastic value for money, but considering how much XX costs and how much R&D went into that frame, it's not exactly a rip-off either.

I'd certainly notice a fast car or nice bike, but I wouldn't post a thread saying "OMG, ferrari scuderia is 220K!"

Pinarello Dogma: 6.7K
    Trek project one madone: 7.7K
    Scott spark limited: 6.7k
    Felt DA: 7k

etc etc etc

RealMan
    Free Member

i'd be interested to know how many of trek's competitors are offering off the peg mountain bikes that are anywhere near that money.

sworks epic 5.7k

And that's dollars converted to pounds, it would probably cost more once shipped over here.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Why is the 2011 one better than this one?

Because it has less gears 😉

Sorry mr leggy 😛 …I think road bikes are even more of a rip off though so that doesn't really justify it to me.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

ooOOoo – Member
    Tee hee
    Actually you are not far wrong, reminds me of a calc I did a while ago
    Silver (todays price)= £382/kilo
    Remedy 9.9 = £520/kilo

Haven't seen the weight published, but those figures above put it heavier than my 'cheap' old 2010 Zestey 714!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘2011 Remedy 9.9 = £6500’ is closed to new replies.